News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE MULE: Production Information and News  (Read 7883 times)
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »

People who look like "Horticulture Convention goers Ė Ages 45 to 75"! ;D

That was Rich  ;D ;D
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 09:55:58 AM »

Well, well well.....Bradley Cooper and Clint reunite for The Mule.... :)

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/bradley-cooper-clint-eastwood-the-mule-1202788236/
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »

Great news.

Mac...I begin to like you  :)

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

That is just amazing. This is getting ultra-exciting. wow
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »

The Mule now has an official entry on IMDB. .... :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7959026/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 05:28:36 AM »

All great news :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 08:16:44 AM »

Since this is now all "official," I've changed the thread title to "Production Information and News." We'll post all updates here until the time comes when the reviews start coming in, and then we'll start a new thread for that. :)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »

I notice that the logline which is provided that describes the film states that Eastwood will be playing Earl Stone and not, as thought before, Leo Sharp. So although this film may be based on Sharp's experiences, it sounds like this may be heavily fictionalized, which may give them more creative freedom and allow for this to feel more like an original rather than an entirely fact-based story.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »

I notice that the logline which is provided that describes the film states that Eastwood will be playing Earl Stone and not, as thought before, Leo Sharp. So although this film may be based on Sharp's experiences, it sounds like this may be heavily fictionalized, which may give them more creative freedom and allow for this to feel more like an original rather than an entirely fact-based story.

I'm getting more enthused about this project. It's a pretty cool bookend to Clint's first starring role, which also featured a mule in what might be the scene that kicked off his career. Of course, that's only if this winds up being Clint's last performance. And, Clint isn't showing signs of slowing down yet.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »

That wasn't a mule in A Fistful of Dollars, though. It was a horse. A very old horse, but a horse. The Baxter men were just making fun of it by calling it a mule.

Of course, there was also Two Mules for Sister Sara pretty early on in Clint's career.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2018, 12:17:16 AM »

Yes, mules factor in prominantly in his career, even so-called mules (actually, The Mule is a so-called mule as well).  ;)
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2018, 03:39:51 AM »

That came to my mind too. Its a story inspired by true events I guess. So "inspired" here is the key word to consider. Now it seems like a more fictionalized story than a real-life based, detailed drama. And it is actually great. Having Nick Schenk as the scriptwriter, whose work on Gran Torino and The Judge were both amazing, I am super hyped about this feature. Thank almighty Clint is still around.
Steven

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 02:06:05 AM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

This is always such an exciting time to be a Clint fan as we learn who will be cast in his next movie. The best part of that article is that Deadline says this will be a fictional story, so it will be his first as director since Gran Torino, which was also written by Nick Schenk.

If I were Clint, Id try to get some of the cast of Breaking Bad for the shady drug criminals in this movie. They were all great, and seem perfect for this.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 04:09:36 PM »

Earlier this month, Eastwood's long-time editor, Joel Cox, gave a wide ranging interview on editing. The whole interview is worth reading, but in it, he broke some pretty big news, and that is that he will be back as editor for Clint's "next film." So, I think that means that he will be returning as editor on "The Mule." If this ends up happening, it will be the first film he has edited for Eastwood since "American Sniper" in 2014.

HULLFISH: One of your old assistants cut Clintís last movie, The 15:17 to Paris.

COX: Yes, Blu Murray. Iíll tell you what happened here: after American Sniper, Clint wanted to take some time off. I took another job and then when he started to do Sully, I was already working on another film. Then I was doing this film and he started 15:17 to Paris.

For Blu, it was a great opportunity. He learned a lot from me and now heís off doing his own thing. I am going to be back editing with Clint on his next picture. I like working for Clint. After 40 years, Iíd say Clint and I are soulmates.  I could look at things and know exactly what he was going for. That man knows every scene, how itís going to be in his mind.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/aotc-joel-cox
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2018, 12:32:59 AM »

Earlier this month, Eastwood's long-time editor, Joel Cox, gave a wide-ranging interview on editing. The whole interview is worth reading, but in it, he broke some pretty big news, and that is that he will be back as editor for Clint's "next film." So, I think that means that he will be returning as the editor on "The Mule." If this ends up happening, it will be the first film he has edited for Eastwood since "American Sniper" in 2014.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/aotc-joel-cox

Now we are dreaming. that's great AKA23. Can't imagine the outcome. Classic Eastwood film.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2018, 07:25:38 AM »

That is great news, AKA! Thanks for digging it up for us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T