News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE MULE: Production Information and News  (Read 6193 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »

Earlier this month, Eastwood's long-time editor, Joel Cox, gave a wide ranging interview on editing. The whole interview is worth reading, but in it, he broke some pretty big news, and that is that he will be back as editor for Clint's "next film." So, I think that means that he will be returning as editor on "The Mule." If this ends up happening, it will be the first film he has edited for Eastwood since "American Sniper" in 2014.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/aotc-joel-cox

What a great interview.
Thanks for the link.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2018, 05:24:41 PM »

If I were Clint, Id try to get some of the cast of Breaking Bad for the shady drug criminals in this movie. They were all great, and seem perfect for this.

This is a really good idea.....
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 12:35:37 AM »

And so it begins........nice little preamble to next week's shoot in Augusta.....

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Clint-Eastwood-movie-filming-downtown-484246441.html
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

According to this casting call, The Mule looks to be filming in Augusta from June 4 - 12, and in Atlanta from June 13 - July 27 .....

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/now-casting-clint-eastwood-film-seeking-stand-augusta/414mrrPgw8UtyZdhiZBXJM/
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 10:45:52 AM »

WOW. What a great job! That stand-in would be able to be on the set for all of production! That would be a dream come true for any Eastwood fan.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »

WOW. What a great job! That stand-in would be able to be on the set for all of the production! That would be a dream come true for any Eastwood fan.
Can you explain more AKA23 on how is gonna help? I'm a little bit confused.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »

I found a good article that provides more detail on what stand-ins do for you, Saman.

A stand-in is a person who literally stands in for an actor to help the camera department light the set and focus the camera. The principals, or main actors, will first rehearse a scene before they shoot it. When they are finished blocking it, they leave and go through "last looks" with the hair, makeup, and wardrobe people. That's when the stand-ins step in. They watch the actors during rehearsal, see what they do, then re-create it while the principals are busy. A good stand-in helps save time, which saves the production money.

https://www.backstage.com/news/the-pros-and-cons-perks-and-demands-of-being-a-stand-in/
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »

I found a good article that provides more detail on what stand-ins do for you, Saman.

https://www.backstage.com/news/the-pros-and-cons-perks-and-demands-of-being-a-stand-in/
Thanks loaded dude.  O0 found it really exciting
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »

You are welcome, Saman.

So, I don't know who these people are, but according to IMDB, Robert Lasardo and Lobo Sebastian have been added to the cast.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2018, 12:35:34 AM »

According to casting calls, filming is underway today, fourth of June. HYPED.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2018, 04:57:20 AM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2018, 09:02:23 AM »

Casting update from The Hollywood Reporter.....Diane Wiest ,  Michael Pena,  Laurence Fishburne , Alison Eastwood,  Taissa Farmiga and Ignacio  Serricchio  join the cast.....

:)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dianne-wiest-michael-pena-join-clint-eastwoods-mule-1116755
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »

Warner Bros official press release  announcing The Mule begins production........cast, location and production details included.....

:) :)

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180604006019/en/Clint-Eastwood%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9CThe-Mule%E2%80%9D-Begins-Production
Clint Eastwood #1 Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:01 AM »

This film is really starting to shape up.  Can't wait.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:58 AM »

I like Dianne Weist and Laurence Fishburne, and it should be interesting to see Alison Eastwood act with her father again.

This is the second time that Eastwood is working with Laurence Fisburne and Michael Pena. Michael was in "Million Dollar Baby" and Laurence was in "Mystic River." Alison Eastwood has had several collaborations with Eastwood, but has not had a significant role with Eastwood onscreen since "Tightrope." She had a cameo in "Absolute Power," and starred in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," so it's been over 20 years since she worked with her Dad. This should be interesting. This will also be Eastwood's second collaboration with Bradley Cooper as he starred in "American Sniper."

That updated synopsis also sounds even more interesting than it initially did, and confirms that this really will be a heavily fictionalized story.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »

I also note that the official press release does not mention Dave Holstein having worked on the script. When this project was first announced, it stated that Holstein had rewritten Nick Schenk's original script. So, it may be that Eastwood went back to Schenk's original draft when he signed onto the project. 
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »

This sounds really promising.

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »

Do you smell Oscars as I do?
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2018, 11:38:35 AM »

There is one still missing  :)

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »

There is one still missing  :)
How?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T