News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood to direct and star in THE MULE for Warner?  (Read 1663 times)
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

only one new source for this future shoot, but a major one. Tom Stern, the usual cinematographer of Clint, would be replaced by Canadian Yves Bélanger, who previously worked for Xavier Dolan and Denis Villeneuve. According to this source the filming of "The Mule" is supposed to start on June 4, and Eastwood would assume the triple function of director, producer and actor. These are the words of Bélanger himself that are reported, so it looks pretty serious:
http://www.lapresse.ca/cinema/nouvelles/201804/13/01-5160898-yves-belanger-directeur-photo-de-clint-eastwood.php
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »

But Warner hasn't yet confirmed it, and still nothing on Imdb .... Wait and see...
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »

only one new source for this future shoot, but a major one. Tom Stern, the usual cinematographer of Clint, would be replaced by Canadian Yves Bélanger, who previously worked for Xavier Dolan and Denis Villeneuve. According to this source the filming of "The Mule" is supposed to start on June 4, and Eastwood would assume the triple function of director, producer and actor. These are the words of Bélanger himself that are reported, so it looks pretty serious:
http://www.lapresse.ca/cinema/nouvelles/201804/13/01-5160898-yves-belanger-directeur-photo-de-clint-eastwood.php

Great news.
When the DoP confirms his duties we don't have to wait any announcements.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

The only thing new with Eastwood is he has an Executive Producer credit for the new movie ' Indian Horse' based on the Richard Wagamese novel coming out this week .
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »

this new update is crazy. i  mean just imagine to see Clint back in front of camera again. this time with a new DoP. this is gonna be great. what do you think guys?
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »

To quote the late, great Madeline Kahn in City Heat... “Well, it’s about time!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 07:35:27 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 08:48:32 PM »

The Mule, the movie with a plot so nice they summarized it twice.

Jed Cooper, is that anything we didn't already know, and could you tell us where it's coming from, besides your phone?

Glad to see your battery is nearly fully charged.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »

YES
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

A little more info.......

https://www.backstage.com/news/casting/clint-eastwood-forgoes-retirement-latest-film-casting-now/

:)
Thanks, Macpherson! I'll just quote the relevant bit from the link you posted:

“The Mule”
One elderly man is taking his last act to contend with drug cartels—and the law. Clint Eastwood is nearing a deal to direct and star in “The Mule.” The project, which stems from a New York Times Magazine article by Sam Dolnick, will focus on a decorated World War II vet who is slapped with a prison sentence at the age of 90. The sentence comes after the man is caught smuggling drugs for the infamously brutal Sinaloa Cartel. While 87-year-old Eastwood is the only one in talks for the project at the moment, Geoffrey Miclat is casting additional roles. Production on the Warner Bros. film is anticipated to begin this summer, near the beginning of June. The exact shooting location is not known, but it will likely take place in Georgia.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:14 PM »

Tom Stern, Clint's main DoP for last 2 decades, implicitly confirmed there is a new project around Clint and the idea that he wont shoot this one. via  an interview with Lenspire cinematography journal.
'I have to call Clint back tomorrow', he says - something about a new project. Tom is not sure if he'll join this production, though. He might shoot a French movie instead.

https://lenspire.zeiss.com/cine/en/article/cinemasters-tom-stern-asc-afc
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T