News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE MULE: Production Information and News  (Read 10183 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2018, 12:57:19 PM »

Andy Garcia hasn't been announced as part of the cast. Could he be consulting with Eastwood on the score, since the photo description said they were taking a "piano break?" I know he's an actor but I'm not that familiar with his career. Is Andy Garcia also a musician?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »

It sounds like this movie may not have finished filming yet.

https://gazette.com/arts-entertainment/clint-eastwood-reportedly-headed-through-colorado-springs-for-upcoming-film/article_f72c74aa-94d9-11e8-86c1-b3322de7ab48.html

Based on the above article, a member of the crew also shared that this could be released in Dec 2018/Jan 2019.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »

Andy Garcia hasn't been announced as part of the cast. Could he be consulting with Eastwood on the score, since the photo description said they were taking a "piano break?" I know he's an actor but I'm not that familiar with his career. Is Andy Garcia also a musician?
I've heard his name related to this project several times on different occasions. maybe he is actually in this movie as an actor. there is another post on his Instagram citing "it's a wrap! #themule. So it is a strong signal by which he may actually be a part of this one.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »

You definitely appear to be right based on Garcia's Instagram updates, but where else have you heard Andy Garcia's name mentioned in connection with this project? I haven't been able to find anything on it. Do you have a link you can share with us?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2018, 10:55:21 PM »

You definitely appear to be right based on Garcia's Instagram updates, but where else have you heard Andy Garcia's name mentioned in connection with this project? I haven't been able to find anything on it. Do you have a link you can share with us?
On Twitter mostly. people were using his name along with Clint and Bradley on their tweets about the mule. they were like hey guys, Clint and Andy Gacia are in town and so on.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2018, 05:25:31 AM »

It sounds like this movie may not have finished filming yet.

https://gazette.com/arts-entertainment/clint-eastwood-reportedly-headed-through-colorado-springs-for-upcoming-film/article_f72c74aa-94d9-11e8-86c1-b3322de7ab48.html

Based on the above article, a member of the crew also shared that this could be released in Dec 2018/Jan 2019.

Good news ! So, The Mule could be released like Gran Torino or American Sniper.
I'm so excited to see Clint Eastwood's new film ! It sounds great !
Who was that member of the crew ?
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »

I think Warners will wait until the film is completed and they see it before deciding when they will release it. If they feel the film has Oscar potential, they will likely have a short Oscar qualifying release in select cities in 2018. If they dont, it will come out in 2019, likely in the spring or summer.

Yes, I think so.
At this point, Bradley Cooper's A Star is Born, which will open at Venice Film Festival later this month, is Warner Bros' biggest Oscar contender.
It's too early to predict if The Mule will be a serious contender.
I hope that Clint will be nominated for Best Actor at least.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2018, 04:43:28 AM »

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2018, 07:18:53 AM »

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »

Hello everybody !
According to IMDb, The Mule is in post-production now.
Its page was updated on August 3rd.
I think that it will be ready before 2019.
Usually, Joel Cox starts to edit the film during the shooting.
Indeed, he's one of the fastest editor in Hollywood.
We will probably see the trailer in October or November.
The question is will Warner Bros be convinced of the final product ?
And who is the music composer ?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »

Hello everybody !
Well- that was quick, typical Eastwood style.
and yes. the movie is expected to be released by the end of the year in December or early January. simply can't wait.
If you ask me, this can be WB's frontrunner for award season alongside with A Star is Born. regarding the composer, I can guess that Christian Jacob who has been working with Eastwood since Sully is doing the score again. Maybe Eastwood himself.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »

Hello everybody !

Agree with the above, but there's one more mystery to be solved: Is Andy Garcia involved with "The Mule," and if so, in what capacity?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »

Agree with the above, but there's one more mystery to be solved: Is Andy Garcia involved with "The Mule," and if so, in what capacity?
Acting I reckon.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »

Camera team of The Mule on location in Las Cruces, New Mexico.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmLvo9QBLqu/?tagged=themule

:)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »

Acting I reckon.

While I'm still not 100% convinced that Andy Garcia is acting in this one, I think that's the most likely scenario. He's an actor, and he has been pictured with Eastwood, but I can't understand why if he's in this why he was never announced as part of the cast. The IMDB site was also updated with every actor under the sun that appears in the movie, many of which I've never even heard of, and he still hasn't been added. I can't think of another Eastwood film where such a recognizable actor appeared as part of the cast but was never announced as joining. Does anybody else find that to be odd?
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »

While I'm still not 100% convinced that Andy Garcia is acting in this one, I think that's the most likely scenario. He's an actor, and he has been pictured with Eastwood, but I can't understand why if he's in this why he was never announced as part of the cast. The IMDB site was also updated with every actor under the sun that appears in the movie, many of which I've never even heard of, and he still hasn't been added. I can't think of another Eastwood film where such a recognizable actor appeared as part of the cast but was never announced as joining. Does anybody else find that to be odd?

Hi AKA23,
I donít think that Andy Garcia is acting in The Mule.
The Mule is not like these blockbusters which sometimes donít reveal all the cast,
in order to keep the plot secret and to do not spoil anything. But who knows ?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »

Here's another photo that I saw recently that Andy Garcia is mentioned in. The rest of the people mentioned in the photo are part of the cast or crew of "The Mule." It does seem he's involved in some capacity. Why else would he be in all these photos which mention "The Mule?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5e2_AnMnv/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1fa7xgqtsg3gv
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2018, 12:22:32 AM »

Well, I can't remember a similar case to this one. Andy Garcia is not a small name in this industry. if not as an actor, he might have served as a composer or maybe producer? he has produced some works and also composed soundtracks for some pictures. But there is no rich career as a scriptwriter.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:27:10 AM by Saman Moradkhani » Logged
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »

Just to add to the intrigue, on IMDb for The Mule, in the section "other crew", there is an actor called Johnny Palomarez  Jr with the designation. ....stand - in : andy garcia.
Discuss.....

:)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »

This just keeps getting more intriguing. If true, this would confirm Andy Garcia is acting in this because there is no purpose to have a stand-in for someone who doesnít appear onscreen.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T