News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE MULE: Production Information and News  (Read 23259 times)
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:59 AM »

Lovely,  elegiac and soulful....video with the new song from the film.....

https://parade.com/722531/meganoneill/exclusive-premiere-toby-keiths-dont-let-the-old-man-in-featured-in-clint-eastwoods-the-mule/

:) :)
I can tell now why there was no trailer2 for The Mule. This music video serves the movie better than any other trailers. Unlike the main trailer which was so dark and griefful, this one is so heartwarming, touching and light. and it's official, I'm gonna cry during this film.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2018, 04:52:56 AM »

when the main trailer was released by WB, Clint's son, Scott Eastwood wrote on his Instagram account "I've seen this movie and it's "great."
I personally asked Arturo Sandoval if he has seen the movie and he answered Yes, and it is "great".
Steve Campanelli, Clint's long-life camera operator, labeled the movie as "great" again and said Eastwood's performance in The Mule is "Incredible".
-- I trust these guys more than Richard Roeper or any other critic.  :)
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2018, 05:23:45 AM »

I can tell now why there was no trailer2 for The Mule. This music video serves the movie better than any other trailers. Unlike the main trailer which was so dark and griefful, this one is so heartwarming, touching and light. and it's official, I'm gonna cry during this film.

It's interesting because I was thinking about Every Which Way But Loose.
Because the title song of this movie was released some weeks before the movie came out.
And the result was one of the most successful Clint movies as an actor.
With adjusted inflation, Every Which Way But Loose is still the most successful Clint movie as an actor.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:18 AM »

I have some good news at last.
WB has just added THE MULE to their FYC2018 (For Your Consideration) cite. So maybe they *are* going to campaign for it after all?
and of course still no screeners.

http://www.warnerbros2017.com/for-your-consideration/?film=themule

Best Picture - Best Director - Best Actor and all major categories.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »

There are also screenings scheduled in New York and Los Angeles, if you look at the screening tab of the For Your Consideration link that was provided, including to the Directors Guild of America! What do you guys think? Doesn't this mean the movie actually IS good?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »

There are also screenings scheduled in New York and Los Angeles, if you look at the screening tab of the For Your Consideration link that was provided, including to the Directors Guild of America! What do you guys think? Doesn't this mean the movie actually IS good?

Some journalist claimed that maybe this (adding the mule to FYC2018) is some kinda contractual obligation, and maybe this doesn't mean it's truly good. But I suspect that. Signing a contract of this kind before seeing the final cut of the movie doesn't make any sense. When they have decided to screen it for directors guild, that means they have found it qualified for that award in particular.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »

TheMule is now classified 14A in BC!

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=468165

as you can see in this link, the runtime is 117 min. 3 minutes short of 2 hrs.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:57 PM »

Some journalist claimed that maybe this (adding the mule to FYC2018) is some kinda contractual obligation, and maybe this doesn't mean it's truly good. But I suspect that. Signing a contract of this kind before seeing the final cut of the movie doesn't make any sense. When they have decided to screen it for directors guild, that means they have found it qualified for that award in particular.

This could be true, but I doubt that it is. This movie wasn't even initially scheduled to be released in December. It was filmed over the summer, and we were told that WB and/or Clint rushed it to be released. In order for it to be a contractual obligation, Clint would have had to have demanded this to be done before he even filmed the movie, and before he even knew how it would turn out. Clint doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. Hey guys, I don't know how this movie will turn out, but just in case this is good, and I finish it in time, I demand that it be released in December and that Oscar screenings are held and I want that written into my contract before I make the film. That just doesn't sound believable to me. There's no evidence that Clint is someone who cares that much about winning a Best Actor Oscar. If he was, he'd be doing physical transformations or really showy performances, and he doesn't do either. Where is Holden when we need him? Holden Pike, what do you think? Does anyone else have any thoughts?
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2018, 03:14:57 PM »

TheMule is now classified 14A in BC!

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=468165

as you can see in this link, the runtime is 117 min. 3 minutes short of 2 hrs.

117 minutes ? Just like Sudden Impact.
Gran Torino runtime is 116 minutes.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »

Hopefully interesting......."The Mule" Full credits.....

https://www.docdroid.net/GyoUF0p/the-mule-credits-112918.docx

:)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2018, 05:27:46 PM »

I skimmed this, and there appears to be a mistake. I didn't see Clint Eastwood listed as a producer anywhere, but the poster states "produced and directed by clint eastwood."
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #391 on: December 07, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

Also rated on Alberta film ratings. .......14 a. ...runtime 116minutes.

https://www.alberta.ca/recently-rated-movies.aspx
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #392 on: December 08, 2018, 06:50:03 AM »

This could be true, but I doubt that it is. This movie wasn't even initially scheduled to be released in December. It was filmed over the summer, and we were told that WB and/or Clint rushed it to be released. In order for it to be a contractual obligation, Clint would have had to have demanded this to be done before he even filmed the movie, and before he even knew how it would turn out. Clint doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. Hey guys, I don't know how this movie will turn out, but just in case this is good, and I finish it in time, I demand that it be released in December and that Oscar screenings are held and I want that written into my contract before I make the film. That just doesn't sound believable to me. There's no evidence that Clint is someone who cares that much about winning a Best Actor Oscar. If he was, he'd be doing physical transformations or really showy performances, and he doesn't do either. Where is Holden when we need him? Holden Pike, what do you think? Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Well, Clint has already won 4 Oscars as a director and as a producer.
Plus, the Irving G. Thalberg award.
If he won a Best Actor Oscar, he would be happy because itís always gratifying to win something.
But in my opinion, at 88 years old, Clint just feels lucky to make movies because he likes it.
About physical transformations and showy performances, I think that Clint is a man who knows his limitations.
He knows what could fit him and what couldnít fit him.
Anyway I donít see him in a role demanding physical transformations.
About Oscars nominations for The Mule, to have more clues, we have to wait the nominations from the Screen Actors Guild and from the Director Guild of America.
But when I see the Golden Globes nominations, I say that itís uncertain.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #393 on: December 08, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #394 on: December 08, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »

Hopefully interesting......."The Mule" Full credits.....

https://www.docdroid.net/GyoUF0p/the-mule-credits-112918.docx

:)

Thank you for sharing the Mule credits, Macpherson.
It seems that there is some pretty good music in this one.
Especially country music.
Like AKA23, I noticed that Clint wasnít mentioned as a producer.
The Mule is dedicated to Pierre and Richard.
I immediately recognized Pierre Rissient, who supported Clint since The Beguiled and became a good friend.
Pierre Rissient passed away recently.
Unfortunately, I donít know who was Richard.
I was trying to find out and itís not obvious to me.
If someone knew who was Richard, could you tell us please ?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #395 on: December 08, 2018, 11:34:48 PM »

The Mule is dedicated to Pierre and Richard.
I immediately recognized Pierre Rissient, who supported Clint since The Beguiled and became a good friend.
Pierre Rissient passed away recently.
Unfortunately, I donít know who was Richard.
I was trying to find out and itís not obvious to me.
If someone knew who was Richard, could you tell us please ?

Possibly Richard Schickel, Clint's biographer and friend, who died last year?
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2018, 04:55:49 AM »

Yes, probably Richard Schickel.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #397 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »

Thank you very much, KC and Honkytonkman !
How could I forget Richard Schickel ?
I was probably too focused on Clintís crew and I canít find any Richard.
I agree with you: The Mule is also dedicated to Richard Schickel who wrote his official biography and also directed many documentaries on Clint like Eastwood on Eastwood, The Eastwood Factor or Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story.
He also did Clint: A Retrospective, which is a pretty book with beautiful pictures. The last extended edition goes from A Fistful Of Dollars to Sully.
Thanks again !
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #398 on: December 09, 2018, 06:39:47 AM »

This a video in which Clint Eastwood and Richard Schickel were interviewed by Charlie Rose in 1996, when Clintís official biography came out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Kdrl0S0WY
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #399 on: December 09, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »

This time, Iíd like to share a short video in which Pierre Rissient and FranÁois Guťrif talk about Clintís unusual career.
FranÁois Guťrif is a French writer and publisher who probably wrote the first great book on Clintís films in early 80ís.
This video is in French. So, Iím sorry for the English speakers who donít speak French.
They just talk about Clintís career, which is an unusual journey in cinema.
According to Pierre Rissient, some movies like The Beguiled, Play Misty For Me, Breezy and Honkytonk Man didnít have the critical success that they deserve it. Because Clintís bad reputation after Dirty Harry.
As a director, Bird was a major turning for Clint.
Clint Eastwood is a bridge between the cinemaís golden age and modern cinema.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dTL4-oGOg
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T