News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who saw The 15:17 To Paris? Members' Comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED!)  (Read 1839 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 03:55:47 PM »

Personally I enjoyed it. I thought it was deliberately mundane to emphasize the reality of it all for three regular guys on holiday.

I thought the three leads themselves were also fine. Their dialogue however was not. A terrible script in my opinion and it was the words they said, not how they said it, which came across so poorly.

Very good points palooka. I didn't even think about it being deliberately mundane to emphasize the reality of it for three regular guys. That's a great point. And I too thought the three guys did okay. Especially not having any acting experience. I mean there heroes.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 06:40:03 AM »

Jed don't worry about offending anyone who might have liked it. Everybody has there opinion and that's what this site is about. Expressing your thoughts and feelings on various Eastwood films. This film is not entertaining and won't get any nominations. I didn't go to the theatre expecting to be overly entertained. I went to see a film that Clint directed and to see the real heroes play themselves. And to see there story and how they saved all those passengers on that train. I personally enjoyed it. I enjoyed there journey they went thru that prepared them for that day. Again it's not an extremely entertaining movie and not a masterpiece. But I thought it was interesting. Just my opinion only.

Thank you.  I appreciate that.  Itís just sad that I no longer look forward to his new projects because he doesnít star in them.  Well, such is life.  All good things come to an end.  Or do they?  Thereís the possibility of his starring in ďThe MuleĒ, which pleases me to no end.  When my kids are old enough, Iíll be curious to know their opinion on the movies heís starred in.  That will, possibly, be a new experience.  They may not be interested and thatís okay.  If they are, it could be fun.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:41:47 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »

The movie as of today has made $54,780,000 from combined worldwide box office receipts. So in hindsight the movie will break even.......barely...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:00:56 PM by Perry » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T