News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Every Which Way But Loose 40 Year Anniversary  (Read 83 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »

Comedy is not the first movie genre that comes to mind when Clint Eastwood is mentioned.  Heís become a successful and prolific director, but even after all these years his most popular achievements lie in his western and police movie roles.  Most notably, The Man With No Name and Dirty Harry.

Pairing Eastwood with an orangutan worked like a charm.  The entire cast is amusing and there are a lot of funny sight gags.  Clintís judgment paid off enormously at the box office and produced an even better sequel. 

I first saw this on cable at my friend Mike Sormantiís.  He introduced me to other entertaining comedies like Smokey & The Bandit, Up In Smoke and Stir Crazy.  We had fun watching them repeatedly when we could.  I have Mike to thank not only for introducing me to Eastwood films, but comedies as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:18:26 PM »

Hard to believe this was on TCM last week. I can remember sinking in my seat at the movie theatre in 1978 cause I could not believe Eastwood could do a worse movie than 1977's The Gauntlet. At least The Gauntlet had some redeeming points, but even after all these years and the fact it made 100 mill at the box office which is even harder to believe its still a low point for me as far as Eastwood's movie's. The sequel was actually better which isn't saying much.....
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:23:05 AM »

I didnt see this film till it came out on vhs a couple of years later.. but I enjoyed it.. I thought Clint slipped into comedy with ease and he still got to beat loads of people up..which at the time I enjoyed..

I did prefer the first film over the second however. somehow the inocense of the whole thing had gone..
(tho it did have the presence of the awesome William Smith)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:21:49 PM »

I agree on the William Smith impact.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T