News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revisiting Unforgiven: Excellent video commentary  (Read 283 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 07, 2021, 11:13:50 AM »

Hello everyone. My friend Alex has produced a truly excellent video commentary on "Unforgiven." It is extremely well produced, thought-provoking, and technically impressive despite this being his first effort at producing a video of this kind. It looked to me like a professional did it! It definitely helped me to consider "Unforgiven" in a new light, and I'd love it if it could generate some discussion here on the board, which we haven't had much of recently. I'd strongly encourage any fan of "Unforgiven" or Eastwood's work to give it a watch, and then come on back here and let us know what you thought of the video, how it characterizes Little Bill, and whether you agree or disagree with the conclusions. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1QgQ7o9eZc
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:37:14 PM by AKA23 » Logged
EM1952

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 03:48:00 AM »

I've really enjoyed watching this video. Honestly, I haven't expected such long analysis, but I don't regret seeing a second of it. I agree with the conclusions mentioned in this video. The perspective here truly makes the movie stand out in many cases.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »

Thanks EM. Very much appreciate your feedback, and welcome to the board! Has anyone else tried to watch this? If you haven't, can you give it five minutes and if doesn't grab you, stop watching and let me know in the thread? I know we have some pretty huge fans of Unforgiven on here and any feedback you have on the video of what you thought or ways to improve it would be great!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T