News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd you become a Clint fan?  (Read 22484 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2007, 07:17:23 PM »

Welcome to the Board, bosco2420! :)
Funkyskunky5

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2007, 04:49:04 PM »

I am a big fan of Clint just like everybody else here. I am just curious though why you guys are such big fans of him. What made you guys love him as much as you do? How it all started for me was his westerns. I am really into the 1800's and all that American history that came with it. If i could live in any time period it would be the 1850's and on. I am addicted to westerns and anytime one comes on with eastwood i jizz myself(not literally). You just can't mess with the man, he is the true American mans man. After getting into his westerns I started watching the Dirty Harry movies and man he is an incredable actor. I don't know there is just something about him, he is everything i wish i was. So what are your stories why do you love the man so much?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:30:43 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2007, 05:32:06 PM »

I've merged Funkyskunky5's post with an old thread about how everyone became a fan of Clint Eastwood.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »

Honkytonkman,

I really enjoyed your story.

My name is Hocine. I am from the suburban area of Paris, France.
The first Clint Eastwood film I have seen is The Good the Bad and the Ugly, on videotape.
I was 7 or 8 years old and it was in 1989 or 1990.
Then, I saw For A Few Dollars More and Hang’em High, on videotape too.
On TV, I saw The Outlaw Josey Wales, some Dirty Harry movies and many others.
The first Clint Eastwood movie I saw in a movie theater is In the Line of Fire.
I was 11 years old and I went alone to the theater.
The Bridges of Madison County is the first movie directed by Clint that I saw in a theater. I was 13 years old.
I started to record on videotapes all the Clint movies that I could when I was 13.
Very soon, I admired Clint Eastwood as an actor and as a director.
I collected many magazines and articles on Clint.
Books played a major role in my passion for cinema and particularly for Clint Eastwood movies.
From True Crime to The 15:17 to Paris, I have never missed a Clint Eastwood movie in a movie theater.
In 2011, the French Cinematheque did a retrospective of films directed by Clint: I saw many of them.

My favorite Clint Eastwood film as a director:

Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Bird, Honkytonk Man, A Perfect World,
The Bridges of Madison County, High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider, Bronco Billy, Play Misty For Me, White Hunter Black Heart, Breezy, Letters From Iwo Jima, Gran Torino, American Sniper, Flags of Our Fathers, Sully, Changeling
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »

I don't think I've ever told this story before, but I became an Eastwood fan in 1993. I remember that I really wanted to see "In the Line of Fire," which was released in 1993, but my parents refused to let me see it because a friend of theirs had watched it and told them that it was completely inappropriate for my 9 year old self to view. Also in 1993, after "In the Line of Fire" was released, I was staying at my uncle's house and saw him watching one of the Clint Eastwood westerns. I was there because my Mom was in labor with my little brother at the time, and he was born in November of 1993.

I also remember another time when I watched "Unforgiven" when HBO premiered it on their channel. I was alone in my bedroom with the volume turned down really low, since I knew my parents wouldn't approve. Even to this day, I don't understand why I was so captivated at 9 years old by Clint Eastwood, but since that day, I've been a huge Eastwood fan!

The first Eastwood movie that I saw in the theater was "Absolute Power," which I saw after I read the book. I went to see it with my Mom, who really wasn't aware of the subject matter of the film. Given the highly sexual nature of the opening scene of the movie, it was probably not the best choice to view with my Mom. I probably shouldn't have seen it at all, since I was only 13 when that film was released in 1997!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:25:10 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T