News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Doug!  (Read 350 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:52:07 AM »

Happy Birthday Doug.

http://newsok.com/article/feed/964816

Hope you have a great day!!  8) 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:17:24 AM »

Happy birthday, Doug!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 09:31:25 AM »

Happy Birthday, Doug! 8)

In celebration, he is giving US a present. He is an author and he is offering us his books, today only, for free:
Thank you, but let's be super, super clear, I've self-published these books. I had given up on writing novels and then I was part-time back in 2015 for 3 years, and I ran across Createspace with Amazon and I thought I'd put poetry up. Then I thought I had a novella that was maybe 85% there and I rewrote it and I feel like I finally found my voice and was by and large happy with a long work of mine for the first time ever. So I moved on to another old novel and rewrote that, cutting out 15,000 words, and was happy with it. So I never really put the effort there to send these to publishers. Unfortunately I'm really terrible at self-promotion and maybe I'm fearful of rejection. I think my stuff is up to a professional level, without the support a professional writer would have, but I unfortunately don't work in a genre that is easily marketed.

Anyhow I have four novels. Caput Mortem was the novella I mentioned. It's a comedy about a couple brothers who run a shop that has a ghost in it. CrossWinds is a coming-of-age romance fantasy. Blast of Fire (the title taken from the movie Blast of Silence) is a "fantasy noir" set in Vegas. It's not one of those silly fantasies where characters in the modern age are speaking like hard-boiled characters. And finally The Followee. Plus two short books of poetry and shorts, and a few short stories.

If anyone is interested I can set the kindle price to free for limited periods, if anyone wants to check them out. How about I make everything free this coming Saturday April 4. You don't need a kindle device to read them, you can use your computer and the right program. If you miss that day and would like to look at these, let me know. I won't ask you to give me feedback or anything. That would be up to you, if you wanted.

Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Doug-Hatley/e/B085KYQYTX?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000

Enjoy!  :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »

Happy birthday, Doug.  :)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 01:16:53 AM »

Happy Birthday Doug.... have a great day 🍻

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 01:22:59 AM »

Thanks, all!

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T