News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kolchak - The Night Stalker. Do you remember?  (Read 1758 times)
Fr@mus

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »

;D ;D I just bought this TV show. I had forgotten how good was this show with Darren McGavin (he passed away in March 2006) as Carl Kolchak, a reporter for Chicago's Independent News Service whose news stories would focus on the supernatural and science fiction situations.

From 1974 and just three-disc set, which compiles all 20 episodes of the show you notice where the inspiration from X-Files comes, and even Chris Carter has often acknowledged the influence of Kolchak on The X-Files, and paid homage to that legacy by casting Darren McGavin in a two-time guest role as retired FBI Special Agent Arthur Dales — the first agent assigned to what later became the bureau's X-Files office.

It's also worth noting that Kolchak: The Night Stalker was one of the first series that Sopranos series creator and executive producer David Chase worked on as a staff writer

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:38 PM »

For the last several weeks I've been recording Kolchak on MeTV, and then I've watched the first two TV movies the last two days (and it just so happens that tonight MeTV is starting over with episode 1 of the series), and both are terrific little horror films with a bit of humor in them too. I just searched on the board if the series had ever been mentioned and found this thread from 2006!

I saw some recent DVD releases of the TV movies in a store recently, but ordered them through a library so I could check them out for free. But I'm thinking of buying them anyway so I can have them in my collection. Especially the first film!

I wonder if Fr@mus has these.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:15:50 PM by Christopher » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T