News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 Eastwood films worth a re-appraisal ?  (Read 174 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »

I've decided to set aside time soon to re watch three Eastwood films I wasn't overly keen on first time around...
Maybe give them another chance and see if I missed things first time around..

My three are

Two Mules for Sister Sarah
J Edgar
Hereafter

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:12:06 PM »

I still haven't seen all of J. Edgar, so that's one I could reappraise.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:58:32 PM »

Good idea for a topic. Please let us know when you've watched them whether you've changed your mind!

I can't think of any offhand, but I will reflect on it.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:31:48 AM »

A freind contacted me yesterday and asked me if I'd recommend Hereafter and what were my thoughts on it. I had to think a while, I remember liking some of it but wondered if another viewing would be a good idea..

I'll probably start off with Sarah tho... It was many years ago I saw it and only watched it once and didn't overly
like it. Time for another look...

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 10:46:45 AM »

A freind contacted me yesterday and asked me if I'd recommend Hereafter and what were my thoughts on it. I had to think a while, I remember liking some of it but wondered if another viewing would be a good idea..

I'll probably start off with Sarah tho... It was many years ago I saw it and only watched it once and didn't overly
like it. Time for another look...

Two Mules for Sister Sara is actually entertaining and interesting thanks to the chemistry between Shirley MacLaine and Clint. Clintís character looks like the Man with No Name but heís actually more vulnerable and more human.
Heís got a name and is more talkative. The Ennio Morricone score is great too.
You can watch it again :)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 04:16:16 PM »

Hi Hocine.... It's so long since I've seen it I can barely remember it, tho I am a fan of Shirley McLaine.
For some reason in my mind I've always lumped it in with Joe Kidd, another Eastwood western I don't remember enjoying too much. Two Mules is first on my list for re-appraisal .

What about you ? What are your least favourite Clint movies ?

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 12:43:27 AM »

Hi Hocine.... It's so long since I've seen it I can barely remember it, tho I am a fan of Shirley McLaine.
For some reason in my mind I've always lumped it in with Joe Kidd, another Eastwood western I don't remember enjoying too much. Two Mules is first on my list for re-appraisal .

What about you ? What are your least favourite Clint movies ?

Hi Gant,
Thatís a good question.
First of all, all the Clint movies are watchable to me, even my least favourite ones.
Well, I would say that my least favourite Clint movies are Firefox, Any Which Way You Can (though I like Every Which Way but Loose), City Heat, Pink Cadillac. The 15:17 to Paris is not among my favourite ones. I would say the same for The Dead Pool and The Enforcer, though I find them entertaining. But I can see them again.
Joe Kidd is not the best western he did but itís interesting because Clint shares the screen with some actors like Robert Duvall and John Saxon. Actually, when they started to shoot Joe Kidd, the script wasnít finished.
When shooting at Old Tucson, Clint met Paul Newman who was shooting John Hustonís The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean. To me, Two Mules for Sister Sara is better than Joe Kidd.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »

Over the years I probably can say a few positive things about The Gauntlet than I could and did 25 years ago, but only in small doses and that is the first hour is very funny and Locke is really good in the film, but that's as far as I can go. The movie just gets too stupid by the time they hijack the bus..

White Hunter Black Heart is one of Eastwood's best films.. I'm amazed most people never reflect on that movie.

Joe Kidd is a good movie..........By the way, some of you consider yourselves Eastwood aficionados and you keep calling it 'Sister Sarah?"......Shame on you....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T