News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2020 Movie Discussion  (Read 16879 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:26:11 AM »

It may be a little while until we see a 2020 release but this is the thread for discussion of the films released this year. Anyone have any upcoming films that they're really looking forward to?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »

I've watched my first 2020 release now, which was Underwater, a horror film that takes place on the ocean floor. I wouldn't say it's a perfect movie, but I liked it and would recommend it.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:38:07 AM »

The Personal History of David Copperfield directed by Armando Lannuci and starring Dev Patel

I really enjoyed this new adaption of the Dickens classic. Full of great performances
and looks amazing.... Somehow manages to be faithful to the original story but also new and fresh..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »

I watched Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn  :D  a few days ago and enjoyed it. I think the full title sets the tone of the movie pretty well, but might be one of the reasons why it wasn't as big as the studio was probably hoping it to be. But it was a fun movie. I enjoyed it more than Suicide Squad.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 03:07:52 AM »

Little Joe

Starring Emily Beecham and Ben Whishaw... A film by Jessica Hausner

Chilly Sci-fi.. Creepy, sinister and unsettling little film. A nod to day of the triffids perhaps but, without any real scares still manages to get under your skin.
I really want to see this again as I've got a feeling more might be revealed on a second viewing..
I was also impressed with the unusual soundtrack...

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 07:26:21 AM »

I have a feeling this thread won't take off for a while yet. I did see Onward last week, and it was quite good.

Obviously the virus's effect on people is the most important thing, but it'll be interesting to see what the movie studios do with all the movies that are on hold. Streaming services could be an option for some, but they'd probably still want to release the big movies to theaters. That would mean other big movies scheduled for later would be pushed back more.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 01:10:47 AM »

The Invisible Man starring Elisabeth Moss ; written and directed by Leigh Whannell

Intense and scary psychological horror .. A rare instance when a reboot of a classic totally works and Elisabeth Moss
is great in it...
Very much enjoyed this....

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T