News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood’s next project  (Read 13616 times)
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2022, 06:29:10 AM »

And now they've changed their handle to @ClintOfficial30. I suppose 30 stands for 1930, Clint's year of birth.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2022, 08:33:02 AM »

Hi AKA23.....
I came across "Sue@_Malpaso" back in August and requested to join.
That happened and I've been following the ins and outs both there and on here ever since.
I posted the reply she gave me regarding Clint's next project and have been waiting for updates.
It's certainly intriguing but like members on here I have no personal knowledge of her.
If I hear anything pertinent to the situation I will certainly let you all know...
Regards......
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2022, 11:25:18 AM »

Thanks for clarifying this Macpherson. I appreciate the work of LB and honkytonkman and everyone else who investigated this. I think we may be getting to the bottom of this. So, if this account is fake, and it seems like a lot of us feel that it likely is, that means there is likely no new project that Clint is planning on directing next year that he's arranged with Warner Bros, so it's still been two years since his last announced project. That's very disappointing and not good news.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2022, 01:57:43 PM »

Take a look at the whole conversation here, and each of you, you'll be convinced that this is a fake twitter account, and that the so-called "Suzanne" is not the real Suzanne, Clint's publicist. Somebody uses her name and photos. Same for "Jenny" who is definitely not Clint's niece.

By the way, I'm St?phan.

https://twitter.com/StephanSante/status/1579034371746471938

and the following comment, really relevant https://twitter.com/Michael30250811/status/1579067540864925703

Furthemore, the "selfie" of Clint, posted on september 18, after the Monterey Gala, appears no more in the twitter page. I think they change frequently the name, and erase publications, to confuse traceability of their material.

By the way, do you know the twitter page "Clint Eastwood Forever" ? This account has made a lot of publicity about "The Official Clint Eastwood Twitter Page" , and it seems dodgy to me. There's something fishy going on ...I wonder if the explanation of all this story would not come from there...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 02:42:47 PM by honkytonkman » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2022, 02:28:53 PM »

Hey Stephan. If you don't have Twitter, you actually can't see Suzane's posts, only some of the replies to them. Can you screen shot it or copy and paste?

The fact that she appears to be pushing back on confirmation lends credibility to this being a fake account. But, if it is a fake account, why would someone act like this is an official Malpaso account? What is it that this person has to gain from doing that? Since it's a private account, they cant be getting much publicity from it, and since there aren't that many followers, they can't be making much money from it, if Twitter compensates based on followers (I don't know if it does). Also, this person is obviously fairly familiar with Clint's career, and seems to be a fan, so why would someone who was a fan pretend to be him when he/she is not? I can't understand that. If they are not a fan, why are they doing so much extensive research for the purposes of fooling legitimate fans?
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2022, 02:51:05 PM »

Ok Aka, I will try to copy the conversation.

I don't know about the reason to act like this :  maybe a sick superfan , someone who is a bit of a mythomaniac, and who enjoys people's credulity.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »

Me : How can we be sure it's not a new fake twitter account presented as "official"? It could be a fake (very believable though). It is not supported by Scott Eastwood (although on twitter) and we have no video of Clint presenting his twitter page with Suzanne.

Clint Eastwood Official : Stephen This is Clint's OFFICIAL ACCOUNT I've been working for Clint for 53 years . What People don't realise Clint is extremely Private Person.

Me : Ok , but with all my respect, we (the big fans) need more evidence to recognize that this is an official account. Maybe you could ask your boss to do a short video with a statement in this way, during your Q&A sessions.

CEO : Videos can be easily copied. And passed around on the Internet. This is what we are dealing with. Clint has written a full letter with his own Signature. The videos are there that I took. So there is videos.

Me : If Mr Eastwood films himself, publicly announcing that this is his official twitter page and that you manage it, you will be the first to post it. So there will be no more doubt. And the copies will always be identifiable, because they will be published at a later date or time.

CEO : Clint Eastwood would not film himself. Clint has never filmed himself.

Me : (except in his films : even if there is a DOP, he decides how to film himself) . But you could film him yourself, don't you ?

CEO : I have done the videos are there. Clint didn't approve it he hates people taking videos especially private ones on his own property and golf course.

Me : What you say is like saying that he doesn't approve your twitter account.

CEO : Not of first he didn't know he can't stand social media. But we have been fighting fake accounts for a long time. So it was my idea to create a Account with me managing it plus Clint's team.

Me : If he doesn't approve that, we have the right to find it rather odd that he affixed his signature to ensure the reliability of your account, don't we ?

(no answer)

A guy named Chris : I support your view here Stephan and do not believe this a true account, and I am going to do what I can to prove this. Clint or Malpaso doesn?t have a official website. They don?t need this social exposure. And Twitter would NEVER be the first place they would come or do Q&A.

Me : Yes , I think there is a chance to catch somebody red-handed here ... Same for the so called "ni?ce Jenny".

CEO : So why are you following our account Stephen. If you don't believe it.

Me : lol ... Maybe for the same reasons as believers in a religion: we follow it because initially we want to believe in it. But I admit that you post very rare photos and videos, and that's interesting for the fan that I am.

Mike : Sue, if Clint doesn't want to be filmed, maybe you could record yourself? We've seen the pictures of you, but for all we know somebody could've found those on the Internet and could be pretending to be you.

CEO : I have videos of me Mike that's not an issue. I would gladly upload them but Clint would have agreed to it first I do work for Clint I have to do what he says. As Clint's PA for a Private Company I'm not allowed to have email.

Mike : Well, could you ask him if you could upload just one of yourself saying the name of the account, for verification? It's a standard procedure on the Internet that I'm sure would bring new fans who are still unconvinced.

(no answer)

LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2022, 04:16:55 PM »

Well, at least we know Clint's still playing golf. Wherever those videos came from. And I suppose it made some people happy they talked to Clint Eastwood himself.

Either way, that account works as a source of information and rare material. Whoever's behind it, they get their Eastwood info straight. More or less.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2022, 04:47:55 PM »

Thanks for posting the conversation honkytonk man. After reading it, I'm more convinced that it's not a real account. First of all, the way the answers are drafted, it reads to me like the person is not a native English speaker. Since being a publicist requires excellent grammatical skills and sentence structure, this indicates to me it is not his true publicist. Secondly, the word realize is spelled with a z in the U.S. and an s elsewhere, which indicates to me that the person drafting these answers is not American. But, since Suzane says she has been working with Clint for five decades, she is likely American, so she should not be spelling words in forms that Americans don't use. Also, she seems combative, which would be the wrong tone for a public relations professional to take when she is seeking to promote an authentic site representing Clint Eastwood and his company.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 04:49:39 PM by AKA23 » Logged
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2022, 01:49:14 AM »

Yes Aka, that's exactly my feelings and conclusions...

And I have to specify that all that conversation was posted on the wall of "Clint Eastwood Forever" , a twitter fan page who have done a big publicity of the "Clint Eastwood Official" page. It was posted in comment of a poster promoting the crappy site.
But they had no reaction about that , no discussion,  and the page continues to present "Clint Eastwood Official" as a real official twitter page where you can speak with the Boss himself... It's a big fish, in wich a hundred of people following CE Forever are believing.

You want another big fish : CE Forever has posted this message on October 1st : "Clint Eastwood Forever has been recognised by Clint Eastwood and Malpaso Productions as the leading Clint Eastwood fan page on Twitter.
Request to follow
@sue_filmMalpaso

The only Official Clint Eastwood Twitter page verified by Clint Eastwood himself - open to followers." that's here : https://twitter.com/ClintForever/status/1576219019941593088

...and it's followed by some congratulations of the followers ...

Another one ? "Anyone wondering why my pinned tweet is continually being reposted - Clint Eastwood has agreed to oversee and participate in the Official account and the advert has been fine tuned, updated and reposted in order to be fully supported by Clint Eastwood Forever." it's here : https://twitter.com/ClintForever/status/1576223234168537088

And the manager of that twitter page introduce his page as "The leading Clint Eastwood tribute page on Twitter as recognised by Clint Eastwood & Malpaso Productions. I'm Douglas/Doug/Dougie - Not Clint. All views my own."

That's the good time to quote Clint in "True Crime" : "When my nose tells me something stinks, I gotta have faith in it."

So relevant to have posted that quote : https://twitter.com/ClintForever/status/1579396889514242049

« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 06:19:22 AM by honkytonkman » Logged
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »

Thank you for all your investigations :)
I think that Twitter, as useful as it could be, is not big enough for Clint, who is actually bigger than life.
Above all, our passion for cinema, and particularly for Clint films, goes beyond a Twitter account, fake or not.
In fact, the best answers that we can have about Clint, the filmmaker, are in his films.
I just hope that we will have some good news for his next project.
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2022, 04:24:18 PM »

Is there any way we as fans could deal with this fake account? I'm sure reporting it to Twitter is one, but is there anybody we can inform from Clint's actual environment that would be interested in this? Actual Suzanne, maybe? Standard fake accounts are usually small potatoes that I'm not sure they'd even want to deal with, but here it goes somewhat deeper - very rare photos and recordings of not just Clint but the actual woman in the photos (whether her name is Suzanne or not).
Speer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2022, 11:52:53 PM »

Did anyone tell to @ScottEastwood on twitter that @ClintOfficial30 is pretending to be the official account? And waited for his answer? Maybe he could telephone his father and ask. In few minutes we could know the truth of this thriller  :)

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2022, 12:39:40 AM »

I would suggest Stephen Campanelli, who seems quite active on Twitter.
As a camera operator, he has worked for Clint, since The Bridges of Madison County.
He also worked as second unit director on The Mule, Richard Jewell and Cry Macho.
Speer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2022, 06:08:56 AM »

I would suggest Stephen Campanelli, who seems quite active on Twitter.
As a camera operator, he has worked for Clint, since The Bridges of Madison County.

OK, so... go ahead and make our day!

LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2022, 01:04:25 PM »

This whole conversation between this guy Mike and Suzanne and Jenny is something else. It starts here but it branches out to other topics. Just look which of these posts have replies: https://twitter.com/Michael30250811/status/1579773689117429760

Long story short, Mike makes all the points that we have made here.
Speer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2022, 02:22:27 AM »

Ladies & Gentlemen, he changed again the account in @CLINTOFFICIAL_ 
How many times he (she, them) will change again????

LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2022, 06:06:40 AM »

Looks like Mike wrote to Stephen Campanelli for verification. He hasn't responded, but there's another account called Elizabeth James now accusing Mike of harassment (which I guess they say Mike committed by asking them politely for proof that they are not impersonating Clint Eastwood or people that work for him - I saw his tweets and he was very respectful) and asking people to report him. Mike also says the alleged Malpaso accounts have blocked him after sending the tweet at Campanelli.

I have to say, these accounts are not doing themselves a favor behaving like this.
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2022, 04:45:18 AM »

There's another man on Twitter now named Claudio who possibly found the real Suzanne: https://twitter.com/tokafondo/status/1579910520878272517

He found her on that Booking Agent website as the publicist for Clint Eastwood. Her actual Twitter is supposed to be @FritzSuzanne - from what it looks like, it's genuine. There are some retweets, not just of official Clint Eastwood-related material, but other celebrities as well. I don't think she is the woman from the photos that the "Malpaso" accounts have released. Claudio wrote to her publicly, and is currently waiting for an answer (she doesn't seem to be very active, though). This Elizabeth account that accused Mike of harassment on bizarre reasons responded to Claudio as well with similar accusations - this time, of "abuse". There's also another account, called simply CLINT EASTWOOD FANS that writes in a similar manner towards Claudio. Both are constantly getting flagged as "offensive content".

What's curious, it looks like the Clint Eastwood Forever account - a fan Twitter account that seemed to be on good terms with "Malpaso" accounts - wrote to both Mike and Claudio publicly on Twitter, with the same message, asking them to message them to address their concerns about fake Clint Eastwood accounts. Neither Mike or Claudio have responded.

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2022, 11:49:54 PM »

Two articles (the first one is updated) which deal with the partnership between Clint and Warner Bros.
But nothing that we have not read yet.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/10/856pa4126ah3vtzmlv9erdzkelnaz2?format=amp

https://abovetheline.com/2022/10/10/clint-eastwood-warner-bros-david-zaslav-relationship/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T