News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's everyone holding up?  (Read 2592 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2020, 01:26:06 AM »

Damn, so sorry to hear that, AKA. I hope he's recovering. Remind him to make sure he does breathing exercises, no matter how painful it might be to breathe. Tell your brother we all admire his courage and dedication!

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2020, 11:57:56 AM »

Thanks everyone. Still waiting for the test results.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 06:05:32 AM »

I'm to hear about AKA's brother. I hope he will recover soon.

Here, bars and restaurants are closed except for take out. It was recommended that all businesses that aren't absolutely essential would close their doors. It's just not that easy. I would get money from nowhere, if I closed my doors. I think I could manage a couple of weeks, if I got sick, but months would be impossible. So I'm staying open. I disinfect between every client and wear a mask and gloves, which I always do anyway. And of course my salon only takes one client at a time, some big salons have limited their client flows. And some are closed in the south. When not working, we're staying home. My husband can't work from home either. But we're healthy for the time being.

They did close down the capital are in the south for a while, only work travel allowed, to make the virus spread slower. I guess it helped. Sweden doesn't really have restrictions and the virus spreads fast, and a lot of dead during a shorter period of time. Time will tell which way was better of will the result be the same.

I'm not too afraid of the virus, all I hope is that my business survives. Of course we are making precautions, washing our hands etc. But I don't want to live in fear, even though I have my toddler to take care of.

Stay safe everyone  :-*

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »

Satu, that must be so stressful for you. I hope your business is able to weather these challenges and emerge stronger on the other side! It is so good to hear from you.

My brother tested negative for the virus, but is still having shortness of breath when walking as little as down his stairs at home. This isnít a common symptom of the cold or flu but is a symptom of the coronavirus, so the hospital he works at thinks itís likely a false negative. They have told him to remain home at least until the end of the week. Then they will reassess. The test has a 30% false negative rate.

Hope everyone is staying safe!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »

AKA, geez, 30% false negative ... not very reassuring to the rest of us, is it, when we're all hoping for so much from "more testing, more testing"? I hope your brother will recover quickly from whatever it is.

Satu, I would like to fly over and have you cut my hair! With the precautions you're taking, I would absolutely not hesitate to go in. And I really, really need a haircut! If it only weren't for that nasty airplane flight.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2020, 06:54:54 AM »

KC, that was the first thing I thought of too, but there are many different tests, and I think some of them yield faster results and better accuracy.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2020, 09:34:17 AM »

Sorry to hear about your brother AKA, that must be so frustrating as well as scary...

Satu, In the end I had to let my wife cut my hair.. actually not a bad job, tho itís a bit Steve McQueen in Papillon 😀

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2020, 04:03:46 PM »

I'm not minding the quarantine life. I'm more concerned about the country opening things back up too soon. I'm finding everything I need can be delivered (though I really do hate supporting Amazon, they are getting a big chunk of my online shopping dollars these days).  I had to go out for the first time in... I think it's been 6 weeks.  A tooth broke and I needed a root canal. My dentist has been seeing emergency patients so I was able to text him a picture and he set me up with his endodontist, who squeezed me in the very next day. I've gotta slink back out again in a week or so for a permanent crown, but other than these trips, I don't plan on going out again for a while.

AKA, I think your brother has the Corona. I hope he just treats it as that and stays away from everyone and hope he's better soon. 30% false negative is awful.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »

I go out a few times a week. I can't lay in a big enough supply of the things I (think I) need. I wear a mask, use gloves, use whatever wipes/sanitizer the store supplies, avoid any aisles that have people in them as much as I can (NYC store aisles are NARROW), and try to rush by anyone I can't get far enough away from. When I get home I wash my hands and wash or wipe off whatever I've bought. And wash my hands some more. And some more. What, will these hands ne'er be clean?

Will all great Neptuneís ocean wash this virus
Clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
Making the green one red. Or whatever color viruses are.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »

Ouch, Matt, sorry to hear you had to have a root canal at any time, but especially at the moment. My dad spent the night in the hospital a couple days ago for a non-corona reason. Nobody was allowed to go see him, not even my mom. Not a great time to get sick or need some emergency dental care.

But it's going OK otherwise. When I was a kid I would have loved staying at home all the time. And it's not always bad now.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2020, 10:38:47 AM »

I was wondering how weíd have coped if this had happened when I was a kid.... no Netflix, DVDís, videos or PlayStation and only three
tv channels that all shut down by midnight... 😳

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »

I was wondering how weíd have coped if this had happened when I was a kid.... no Netflix, DVDís, videos or PlayStation and only three
tv channels that all shut down by midnight... 😳

We might have all sat around in a circle telling each other love stories:

https://daily.jstor.org/boccaccios-medicine/

(It's OK, they're all living in the same house.)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2020, 04:42:08 PM »

How does everyone feel about getting a Movie Night to happen before everyone goes back to their normal busy lives? 

If we have a few who want to do it, should we do Richard Jewell, or one with Clint?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2020, 08:03:34 PM »

One with Clint, please! Just not one where he dies! :o
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2020, 12:03:02 AM »

One with Clint, please! Just not one where he dies! :o

I think we can all use a little light-hearted fun right about now. I'm thinking The Gauntlet might hit the spot.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »

I'm not minding the quarantine life. I'm more concerned about the country opening things back up too soon. I'm finding everything I need can be delivered (though I really do hate supporting Amazon, they are getting a big chunk of my online shopping dollars these days).  I had to go out for the first time in... I think it's been 6 weeks.  A tooth broke and I needed a root canal. My dentist has been seeing emergency patients so I was able to text him a picture and he set me up with his endodontist, who squeezed me in the very next day. I've gotta slink back out again in a week or so for a permanent crown, but other than these trips, I don't plan on going out again for a while.

AKA, I think your brother has the Corona. I hope he just treats it as that and stays away from everyone and hope he's better soon. 30% false negative is awful.

You hadn't been out in six weeks? Seriously? Not even to get groceries! I thought my life was bad!

I'd be interested in participating in a movie night.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »

You hadn't been out in six weeks? Seriously? Not even to get groceries! I thought my life was bad!

I'd be interested in participating in a movie night.

I did go out nearly every day for a run, but other than that -- nope. Not even to get groceries.

I've set up the Movie Night thread -- check in here if you're interested in being social during quarantine with one of the funnest Eastwood films from the 70's, The Gauntlet:   http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=10960.0
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2020, 11:55:18 PM »

I miss going out a lot.. pubs, restaurants, clubs and my weekly cinema visits.. Iím also seriously
missing being able to perform myself... All my gigs have been cancelled obviously and live music will
probably be amongst the last things to return to normal hitting my income hard..
But, on the plus side quarantining itself hasnít been too bad... Iíve caught up on lots of reading, a ton of (Back breaking)
gardening and lots of drum practice which Iím quite enjoying... have reorganised by album collection and watching quite
a lot of quality tv ( inc Ricky Gervais Afterlife season 2) and movies.. I go out cycling a few times a week too..

I know there are many people in a lot tougher situations than myself, struggling with a lot worse so count myself
lucky really....

-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2020, 06:15:51 AM »

Gant, KC,
You understood /remember wrong. Iím not a hair dresser. Iím a beautician, and I mostly do nailstuff. Some pedicures, permanent make-up, body sugaring, hand spa treatments, and hot stone massages.
Something good came with corona, Iíve had some extra time to practise my nail art. Just painted Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Piglet.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »

Ah, sorry Satu, you're right ... I guess I am a little fixated on hair just now, since I need a haircut so badly!

Those Pooh nails are interesting! But I don't think they would do in a library setting. Though come to think if it ... The New York Public Library has the original stuffed animals from the original books, A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh and The House on Pooh Corner. Maybe our children's librarians would be interested in the nails!  :)

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/new-york-public-library-original-winnie-pooh-doll-613085
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T