News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's everyone holding up?  (Read 5926 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2020, 01:03:14 AM »

Covid cases on the rise here... new, stricter lockdown measures being re introduced..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2020, 04:57:38 PM »

Same here, Gant. I'm actually in Chicago now, and businesses haven't been closed, but there's a stay-at-home order, so make any sense of that, if you can. I am guessing the local government is just trying to not have to pay businesses any remedies for closing them down, but they're taking away their customers instead. Very few people on the trains, no indoor seating at restaurants (and much too cold here now to eat outside).

It looks like a vaccine is just a few weeks away.  Let's hope distribution is well thought-out and that we can put all this behind us soon.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2020, 07:44:10 PM »

Matt, you've moved to Chicago, or is this a vacation of some kind? What are you doing there?

I'm really struggling. I'm still finding all the social isolation to be pretty damn horrible. I wish there was something to give me an emotional boost, but there just isn't. Not seeing anyone for months at a time and leaving my place to go run an errand once a week or every two weeks is just really difficult. I'm thankful that I still have a job and have been able to work from home for the entirety of the pandemic, but beyond that, things are pretty bleak. I don't really have any friends in the DC area, and so if I'm not at work, I don't see anyone, and being on Zoom meetings isn't the same at all. I think the pandemic has actually reinforced the loneliness I already experienced, but at a much more intense level and with no real solution. To make matters worse, I have 17 work vacation days that I need to use  by the end of the year, or I'll lose them, and I can't really see myself using them with COVID. I have nowhere to go. I asked a few people if I could come visit and they said no, and I can't take a vacation during COVID. It feels unsafe, and I've been so diligent about trying to protect others from the virus during all this time that I don't really want to completely give up on that now when cases are rising just because I'm tiring of all the isolation.

The vaccine news is definitely a bright spot. Assuming the preliminary reports are accurate, the 90-95% efficacy is much higher than I was anticipating. I think the Pfizer vaccine is going to have limited utility and uptake because of its extreme refrigeration requirements that most facilities don't have, but the Moderna vaccine doesn't seem to require the same refrigeration levels, so I'm hopeful that that may have a wider applicability. It would be better to have a one shot administration rather than two because a lot of people may not do the full course, especially if they experience even mild side effects from the first dose. I think it's quite possible, if enough people take the vaccine, that we could be starting to live something closer to normal life over the summer, since after they start giving it to people, it's going to take quite awhile before we reach the vaccination percentage threshold to bring about herd immunity. That's still at least 7 months months away, and that's a best case scenario.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »

Matt, you've moved to Chicago, or is this a vacation of some kind? What are you doing there?

Just helping a friend through a tough time. I'll be back in TN soon.

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »

Hi there.  I hope everybody is doing well.  Not sure if I've mentioned this, but in September I moved back to Malden.  I decided to do this because I wanted to be closer to my kids again.  While Tina understood, she decided to end our relationship.  That's a nice way of saying she broke up with me.  Oh well, her loss.  8)

Just kidding....a little.  8) I didn't ask her to come with me for two reasons.  The first being she enjoys living in New Hampshire too much for me to ask her to leave.  The second is because it's something I had to do alone.  I've learned that I probably shouldn't have even moved in the first place.  Well, I'm not going to beat myself up over past mistakes and bad judgment.  The best thing to do is to try to improve and move forward.  Endeavor to persevere, you know?  Something I've been attempting here as well, for years.

As a result of the move, I've been working in the office again.  If not for having to undergo learning a new system recently implemented, I'd go back to working from home.  Like everyone else here, I'm sure, I can't wait for this pandemic to be in the rear view mirror, a thing of the past.  Like my separation and divorce.

My cousin invited me to spend Thanksgiving and my birthday with him and his family.  I had a great time and am now back home for the rest of the weekend.  I should be closing on the sale of my property in Maine next month, finally. 

I was fortunate to visit with my kids over the summer, outside where they live.  I would bring us all something to eat and we?d play afterwards.  My moving has had a positive effect on them and I thank God for that.  There had been difficulties prior my return and that was a difficult, stressful thing to endure. 

Unfortunately, with the pandemic rearing it's ugly head again, we've had to resort to video visits until the numbers go down again.  So, I'll weather this storm too, all the while saying prayers and crossing my fingers. 

I do that for all of you, too.  Let me say what I have felt all along here:  I care about you all and wish you nothing but the best.  I consider it an honor and a privilege to be here and interact as a member and Eastwood fan. 

Please, everybody, Take Care and Stay Safe.  Lets make it through these crazy times together!!

🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:26:28 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T