News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy 90th birthday Clint.....  (Read 1241 times)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 10:05:37 PM »

I heard a snippet of an interview with Scott Eastwood on the radio today. He said Clint has never been much for celebrating birthdays, so all the family was doing for him today was treating him to a nice lunch (whether or not it would be socially distanced, he didn't say).

There was a small clip on Alison’s instagram from
his birthday party. From what I could see, a couple of people had masks and nitrile gloves on. They were singing happy birthday to him and he made a funny face and after he said ’knock it off’ laughing. :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:33 PM »

There was a small clip on Alison’s instagram from
his birthday party. From what I could see, a couple of people had masks and nitrile gloves on. They were singing happy birthday to him and he made a funny face and after he said ’knock it off’ laughing. :)

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook. Certainly looked like he didn’t want a fuss made about his birthday. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:35 AM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA3r6zXhzKJ/

That's very nice ... from Alison's Instagram. Thanks, honkytonkman.  8)
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 11:45:23 AM »

I watched Unforgiven.

He’s really never been better, before or since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »

I re-watched "The Gauntlet" . Still enjoying ... It's probably the film directed by Clint that is the most close from a slapstick comedy.

....and what wonderful shots in Arizona and Nevada !
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »

I guess I’m celebrating Clint’s 90th birthday with repeated viewings of Firefox.  It’s taken 38 years for me to finally, fully appreciate this movie and love it.  I still can’t get enough of it lately.  Until now it meant little having even seen it on the big screen...twice!  I only wish I could’ve enjoyed it as much then as I do now.  Better late than never.  The movie poster I bought recently has renewed meaning now.  I reluctantly purchased it only because of the significance it held for me.  It was the first big screen movie of Eastwood’s I’d seen after having become a fan.  My expectations were very high.  I anticipated the release date, watching the movie trailers on tv, reading about it and collecting picture ads from the Boston Globe and Boston Herald newspapers.  There was an article on Eastwood the weekend it opened in one of the Sunday papers, too.  I wish I still had that, I think it was Parade.  Unless my memory is mistaken, I believe it was a Boston Globe supplement.  In 1982 Clint was 52 years of age, a year younger that what I am now.   I’ve pondered with that having anything to do with my renewed interest in Firefox.  I don’t think so.  Here I am, 38 years later, apparently having come full circle.  “Punching in new coordinates.  I’m coming home.” 😉
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:19:38 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T