News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Films on DVD/Blu-Ray (Upcoming Releases, News, Reviews etc)  (Read 137842 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #360 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:57 AM »

It's cool to see a complete Eastwood collection is being released. I have quite a few on DVD, of course, so it's not something I'd want to get. But it looks like it'll be nicely packaged. O0
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #361 on: December 15, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »

I agree with KC, I’ll wait until they’re all available on Blu-ray.  It makes no sense to release this set with even just one movie in dvd format, never mind seven!  I’m used to disappointment, though.  The entire TOS Star Trek television and movie series is available in one set, sans the Director’s Edition of the first movie, which was an improvement over the original! 

My guess is that the Signature Collection will see re-release with all films on Blu-ray format with the inclusion of Richard Jewell. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »

(Sorry the image is so big--I don't know how to resize it)

I just saw a new Blu-ray of Breezy is coming August 25 through Kino Lorber. I checked their website and Amazon but didn't see this listed there, so here's the description from their Facebook page:

Coming August 25th!

Breezy (1973)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Howard S. Berger and Author/Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 106 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated R
From Clint Eastwood, the legendary director of Play Misty for Me, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby and American Sniper, comes this romantic drama starring the great William Holden (Stalag 17) and Kay Lenz (The Great Scout and Cathouse Thursday) as a mismatched pair who eventually find common ground. Breezy (Lenz) is a teen-aged hippy with a big heart. After taking a ride with the wrong sort of guy, she manages to escape and hides on a secluded property where stands the home of a middle-aged and disillusioned divorced man, Frank Harmon (Holden). Frank reluctantly takes Breezy in only to fall, unexpectedly, in love with her. Beautifully shot on location in Los Angeles by Frank Stanley (1941, The Eiger Sanction), Breezy features a lovely score by Michel Legrand (The Thomas Crown Affair) and a wonderful screenplay by Jo Heims (Play Misty for Me).

I like Breezy. I've seen it a couple times and I think I'm always a bit surprised by how much I like it. I might pick this up--it'd be good to check out the commentary for it too.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: June 08, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »

Great Movie
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2020, 12:46:43 PM »

Kino Lorber also has a Blu-Ray of Two Mules for Sister Sara coming out on October 25. Nothing is listed on the website yet, but they do have the order info for Breezy now. https://www.kinolorber.com/product/breezy-blu-ray

Here's the information about Two Mules from their Facebook page:

Coming October 27th!

TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA (1970)
• Brand New 4K Restorations by Universal: 113:32 International Cut / 104:40 Domestic Cut
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• At Home with Clint: Vintage Candid Interview with Clint Eastwood in HD
• Limited Edition Slipcase
• Reversible Art
• Poster and Image Gallery
• Theatrical Trailer (New HD Transfer)
• 2 TV Spots
• 4 Radio Spots
• Two Dual-Layered BD50 Discs
• Optional English Subtitles

From Don Siegel, the legendary director of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Coogan’s Bluff, Dirty Harry, Charley Varrick, The Shootist and Escape from Alcatraz, comes this classic western starring screen legends Clint Eastwood (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter) and Shirley MacLaine (Sweet Charity, Irma La Douce). Eastwood is a hard-hitting drifter who rides into town and single-handedly rescues a local nun (MacLaine) from a gang of bandits. After meeting a band of Mexican revolutionaries bent on resisting the French occupation of Mexico, the cowboy and Sister Sara decide to join forces with the freedom fighters and set off on a deadly mission to capture the enemy’s garrison. But along the way, a steamy romance develops between them when the soft-spoken hero discovers the nun is not what she seems. Ending with a violent climax at the well-protected fort, this action-packed western classic cemented Eastwood’s status as a true cinematic superstar. Featuring a masterful score by the great Ennio Morricone (A Fistful of Dollars).
The two different cuts is interesting here. IMDb lists the runtime as being the international cut, so I guess that's the only one I've seen before. Was it released nearly ten minutes shorter?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2020, 06:02:11 PM »

That synopsis falls short of full accuracy on a number of points.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »

How many inaccuracies do you see? Might be fun to point them out!

The major one is that this movie cemented Clint as a superstar. That's definitely untrue. The spaghetti westerns are what brought Clint to worldwide notoriety, which was accentuated by the success of "Dirty Harry," not this movie. Also, the romance didn't happen until the very end, so it's inaccurate to say they had a steaming romance during the course of the movie.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2020, 10:17:39 AM »

I have Two Mules on DVD in a three pack with High Plains Drifter and Joe Kidd, so I probably won't pick this one up. But I'm thinking about preordering Breezy on Blu-ray. O0
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T