News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gemini Man  (Read 2450 times)
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2019, 01:25:14 AM »

before Will Smith inherited the role in Ang Lee's film, filmmaker Joe Carnahan really wanted to make the film with legend Clint Eastwood. We were then in 2012 and the director, very disappointed that the project falls into the water, had edited himself a fake trailer of Gemini Man. It's much more like a collage of action scenes from Clint's movies than a trailer, but it's pretty well done (we imagine Clint being chased by ... himself younger). Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=MOpaJiP36Ig
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:26:30 AM by honkytonkman » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »

This should probably go in the Eastwood minor mentions thread, but I have to say, this looks like a lot more fun, and a much more promising take on the premise, than the film that was eventually made!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:11:18 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:38 PM »

I gotta say... This does look a lot of fun..

I saw the trailer for the Will Smith film last night and it immediately bored the hell outta me..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »

Will Smith= Another "Actor" who you just insert between all the special effects........Bored is a very good word.
wasder

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 11:39:07 AM »

"It mounted well, but it looks funny. Although I even would go to the cinema to see such a movie.  I agree that Will Smith, over time, ""Men in Black"" didn't happy us at all. It seems that he has become a prisoner of Hollywood consumer goods. It makes only movies that will be popular. In a sense, the audience also had changed. We are no longer surprised by the effects; we have become more discerning in film techniques. However, I'm not picky. The main thing for me is to give a good website for watching movies like https://yeahmovies.tv/putlocker, and that's it.  Still, I hope that soon there will be special effects in action movies and an exciting plot."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:14:26 PM by wasder » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T