News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood to Direct And Star in Cry Macho for Warner Bros.  (Read 4103 times)
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »

Sorry guys, I just looked at the dates. This is probably taken during the shooting of "Richard Jewell"
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2020, 04:41:23 AM »

Apart from the age of the hero and the changes that will cause to the story the unavoidable adjustment, the concept looks promising and I can easily imagine Mr Eastwood as the main character.
Looking forward

I agree with Antonis
I do not know how faithful the film will be to the novel but this project seems very promising
Thematically, this project looks so Eastwoodian
It is definitely an ideal project for Clint, who has nothing to prove at this stage of his career
Cry Macho could be a small picture in terms of budget but a powerful picture like A Perfect World, The Bridges of Madison County, Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino 
I would not be surprised if most of the supporting roles were played by unknown actors
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2020, 06:42:12 AM »

I would not be surprised if most of the supporting roles were played by unknown actors

Why do you think this?
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2020, 09:35:15 AM »

Why do you think this?

It is just an idea

Since the film is supposed to focus on the relationship between Clint?s character and a young boy, this project does not need many well-known actors for the supporting roles, with the exception of Howard Polk character

Cry Macho seems to have the same profile as Gran Torino

Clint could be the only big name of that film

At least, hiring unknown actors could help to maintain the movie at a low budget 

During that pandemic, making a movie at a low budget is a good thing, I think

The other possibility is to have some well-known actors like in The Mule

What do you think, guys ?
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »

I expect at least one well known costar, probably as the "employer".

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2020, 10:56:01 AM »

Cry Macho is most likely an adventure, road-trip drama in which the story evolves around three major characters i.e. Miko, Rafa and of course, the rooster.
so it seems really feasible that the picture's only big name would be Clint Eastwood and happily this is big enough. so we can expect a great case of character sturdy here as we witnessed in Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino.
and as a modest reminder, I must say this script came before the novel. after failing to sell the script, the author decided to expand it and made it into a book. and this is the exact same script again with some touches from Nick Schenk. So regarding the script being faithful to the book, and that the writer of both script and the book is just one guy, I guess the script is much like the book.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »

It is just an idea

Since the film is supposed to focus on the relationship between Clint?s character and a young boy, this project does not need many well-known actors for the supporting roles, with the exception of Howard Polk character...

What do you think, guys ?

I honestly don't know. I could see it going either way. I have to admit this was my first thought when I saw that filming had started and they hadn't announced anyone besides Eastwood. I also thought honkytonk's alternative that keeping the cast secret was part of a COVID protocol seemed plausible as well. Between the two, I'd prefer he use established actors rather than unknowns.

As for how faithful it will be to the book, I think there will be changes. For example, there is supposed to be some kind of romance element to the story, and I can't see that working with a 90 year old main character.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »

Nice theories suggested by guys, but the weird thing is that Cry Macho doesn't even have an official IMDB page. the only reference to the movie is in "under-development" project section of Clint Eastwood's IMDB page. it's a new and yet unusual approach and policy by WB, if there is any.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1924245/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_1
by the way, I asked one of my friends on Twitter who happened to read the original book, how good he found the story, and his response was interesting.
He said "The story is very unique and strong, per se. The development of Mike's character was really well-written, so yes, I would call the novel a great story."

I guess Clint might do some magic with this "unique and strong" story.

Cry Macho has an official IMDb page now:

SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »

Cry Macho has an official IMDb page now:

Yeah thank you. I saw that earlier today.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »

SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2020, 03:28:13 PM »

Here are some images from the #CryMacho set featuring character Mike Milo's iconic blue panel truck, and a hat-shop decorated to look like a bar. (Photos were taken by Kate Garcia Rouh.)

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2020, 10:33:21 AM »

Thanks for the pictures, SamanMoradkhani :)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, SamanMoradkhani :)

My pleasure Hocine  :)
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

According to IMDb, Yves Belanger is the cinematographer of Cry Macho, which is his third film with Clint.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:08:52 AM by Hocine » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2020, 06:06:39 AM »

I?m looking forward to seeing Clint on the big screen again.  I plan on taking the day off to see the first screenings.  I?m guessing I?ll see it more than once, like I did with The Mule. 

“Eyuh.”
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »

According to IMDb, Yves Belanger is the cinematographer of Cry Macho, which is his third film with Clint.

That's great. I find his works pretty amazing. his last two with Clint Eastwood were satisfying. This one actually looks as a western movie and I can't wait to see how he pulls it out.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2020, 08:36:27 AM »

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2020, 09:47:34 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIVzZZmHe8a/?igshid=1nxjvg5lbgyy0
Awesome, Antonis! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2020, 12:07:56 PM »

In response to the pandemic, Warner Bros. has announced that all Warner releases in 2021, including Cry Macho, will be released in two ways, simultaneously to theaters worldwide, as well as on HBO Max. No release date for Cry Macho was announced.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/warner-bros-hbo-max-theaters-dune-matrix-4-1234845342/amp/?__twitter_impression=

https://deadline.com/2020/12/warner-bros-2021-movie-slate-hbo-max-matrix-4-dune-in-the-heights-1234649760/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 01:25:32 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T