News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRY MACHO: Production Information and News  (Read 10082 times)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2021, 06:58:13 AM »

First of all, I wish a happy new year to everyone

I know that Cry Macho release date is still to be determined but do you have any idea about it ?
Most of his last films were released in December

Do you think that it could be the case of Cry Macho ?

I hope Cannes 2021.
theoretical release: late September/early October.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2021, 09:01:54 AM »

With a mostly unknown foreign cast, I think it?s unlikely that this is going to be a candidate for any major awards, so there?s no good reason to either rush this to be released at the end of February or hold this release until the Fall. Although I don?t know, releasing in the late spring/summer seems more likely to me.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2021, 12:47:44 PM »

With a mostly unknown foreign cast, I think it?s unlikely that this is going to be a candidate for any major awards, so there?s no good reason to either rush this to be released at the end of February or hold this release until the Fall. Although I don?t know, releasing in the late spring/summer seems more likely to me.

Actually, Some of this year's best reviewed and top contenders for every major award are films with no major "stars". for example, Nomadland's only major actor is Frances McDormand. First Cow, I don't know any of it's cast. Never Rarely Sometimes Always is called the best film of the year by so many with unknown actors.
the real thing is script and how Eastwood handles the story. if it's intimate, simple, deep and beautiful, I'm sure it's a winner regardless of its lack of so-called "star" power.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2021, 05:22:15 PM »

Actually, Some of this year's best reviewed and top contenders for every major award are films with no major "stars". for example, Nomadland's only major actor is Frances McDormand. First Cow, I don't know any of it's cast. Never Rarely Sometimes Always is called the best film of the year by so many with unknown actors.
the real thing is script and how Eastwood handles the story. if it's intimate, simple, deep and beautiful, I'm sure it's a winner regardless of its lack of so-called "star" power.

Anything is possible, but when First Cow is nominated for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor at the Oscars, you let me know!  ;)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2021, 06:25:34 AM »

Anything is possible, but when First Cow is nominated for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor at the Oscars, you let me know!  ;)

Roma did :)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2021, 01:38:45 PM »

Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2021, 05:48:06 PM »

You can translate this interview and find exciting details about the movie.

https://www.reforma.com/clint-eastwood-el-sueno-de-natalia-traven/gr/ar2100446?md5=12cc04db0da80b5169a8dad6c66f621a&ta=0dfdbac11765226904c16cb9ad1b2efe&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=promocion_editor

Thanks for posting that article, SamanMoradkhani :)

According to that article, Cry Macho could be released next summer
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:53 PM »

To keep this light on spoilers, a love story between Clint?s character and another much younger woman is central to the story and being preserved in the film version. If you want to learn more about the details of that romance, who it?s with, how it is described, it?s in the article. I?m very surprised Clint decided to preserve that aspect of the story at 90 years old. The character in the book is 38 years old.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:37 PM »

Thanks for posting that article, SamanMoradkhani :)

According to that article, Cry Macho could be released next summer

I'm glad you liked it Hocine.  :)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2021, 11:59:30 PM »

To keep this light on spoilers, a love story between Clint?s character and another much younger woman is central to the story and being preserved in the film version. If you want to learn more about the details of that romance, who it?s with, how it is described, it?s in the article. I?m very surprised Clint decided to preserve that aspect of the story at 90 years old. The character in the book is 38 years old.

Let's put it in this way, maybe Cry Macho is a neo-western version of Bridges of Madison County  :)
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2021, 06:42:00 AM »

I think that Clint can surprise us again.
We may expect a specific movie and finally, he may give us something different.
At least, I hope that Cry Macho will not be The Mule 2.
I like The Mule but I would like to see something unusual and unexpected from Clint.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2021, 07:54:00 AM »

Agreed... I thought The Mule and Clint?s character in it were quite unexpected and he always seems to be looking for something
 different when acting..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2021, 12:02:07 AM »

Clint Eastwood is a personal filmmaker. He doesn't do anything which is not his choice. He only performs in front of camera if it's his own movie. and I'm pretty sure every time he chooses to act again, it's because he sees a little bit of himself in that character. He never seizes to surprise us, and this time is gonna be no exception.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2021, 01:14:32 PM »

honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2021, 06:03:53 PM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2021, 08:55:41 PM »

If it isn't this exact same hat, it's the closest thing to it that he's had on his head since Unforgiven wrapped:

Detail, lighting slightly enhanced, next to the pic SamanMoradkhani posted :
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2021, 10:56:41 AM »

If it isn't this exact same hat, it's the closest thing to it that he's had on his head since Unforgiven wrapped:

it's just getting better.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2021, 11:21:23 AM »

Clint did an interview about this film with his home town paper in Carmel in December after filming wrapped. There's nothing new here about the film, but Clint does confirm that he was initially offered this decades ago. He also discusses their COVID protocols.

Eastwood wraps filming in New Mexico

By PAUL MILLER

HE MAY be 90 years old, but former Carmel mayor Clint Eastwood is still one of the preeminent directors in Hollywood and last week he finished principal photography for his latest project, an adventure film called ?Cry Macho.?
Not only is Eastwood directing the movie, he stars in it.
?It?s about a broken-down rodeo guy who works for a man who?s terribly wealthy,? Eastwood told The Pine Cone. ?I play the broken-down rodeo guy.?
The story involves the rich guy?s ex-wife, who takes their children to Mexico to keep them away from him.
?The boss calls in his chips with the rodeo guy and sends him down to Mexico to get the kids,? Eastwood said. ?The film?s about all the adventures he has with the kids on the way back...

http://pineconearchive.fileburstcdn.com/201225PCA.pdf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:34:51 PM by AKA23 » Logged
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2021, 12:04:36 PM »

I think it looks a little more like his hat in the dollars trilogy .

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 12:17:21 PM by honkytonkman » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2021, 07:40:04 PM »

The band in the Unforgiven hat seems to be wider than in the Dollars and Cry Macho hats, but the crown in the Dollars hat isn't as high (to my eyes, anyway), and it's straight up and down instead of tapering slightly.

Here's another shot of the Unforgiven hat:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T