News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CRY MACHO: Production Information and News  (Read 42621 times)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2021, 10:33:19 PM »

"Clint Eastwood's Cry Macho takes a few mins to get going, and then it's lovely. He's made a movie a year since 2014, most of them excellent including American Sniper. Ben Davis cinematog is Oscar worthy."

Roger Friedman
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2021, 08:52:02 AM »

Still no reviews around despite the fact that the film opens tomorrow.
Only the occasional star track surfaced and looks appealing considering the evaluation ranges  between 3 &. 4 out of 5.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2021, 10:38:17 AM »

Still no reviews around despite the fact that the film opens tomorrow.
Only the occasional star track surfaced and looks appealing considering the evaluation ranges  between 3 &. 4 out of 5.

The reviews are in and they are not so kind I'm afraid.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »

At the bottom line who does really care ?

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2021, 11:58:55 AM »

There was a review on PJ Media by Gwendolyn Sims who gave it a nice review, but to be perfectly honest here I've read about a dozen reviews and it's not good. Just about every review has used the words dull or meandering a great deal. It's almost like Cry Macho was more of a TV movie that should had been left on the shelf. Oh well......
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:27:57 PM by Perry » Logged
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2021, 01:27:29 AM »

Seems to be a real mixed bag on Rotten Tomatoes.

Without getting into details I really feel that rightly or wrongly the perceived image of Clint's political views have made him an easy target for younger "woke" reviewers.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2021, 07:56:19 AM »

Hammerhead.....Absolutely......
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »

Seems to be a real mixed bag on Rotten Tomatoes.

Without getting into details I really feel that rightly or wrongly the perceived image of Clint's political views have made him an easy target for younger "woke" reviewers.

you are Absolutely right.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2021, 10:19:09 AM »

From what I've read in many of the reviews or articles is that obviously this movie had the opportunity to be made over the past 40 years including by Eastwood himself. The story line is conducive to the late 70's and the character of Milo is at least 50 years younger. From from I've read also there are too many areas in the movie that weren't plausible. Regardless I guess everyone has to judge for themselves.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:48:11 PM by Perry » Logged
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #369 on: September 19, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »

4.5 million opening weekend Box Office which is dismal to say the least. A lot of that probably has to do with the older audiences not being in a rush to set foot in a movie theatre amid Covid and HBO Max is playing it plus another dopey Marvel movie to contend with. The mixed reviews certainly didn't help. If this movie makes eventually a profit it will be due to the overseas market when it's released......maybe...The movie just doesn't seem that interesting for a audience to go see...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:47:10 PM by Perry » Logged
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2021, 02:59:12 PM »

9.1 million Box Office since September 17 opening= box office bomb..I guess some of you will be crying for another Dirty Harry.....
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2021, 04:51:54 PM »

I wonder what the budget for the movie was. I don't recall if that information was ever given, but at least it's not a big budgeted movie. Obviously it won't make it back from the box office.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2021, 06:06:22 PM »

I wonder what the budget for the movie was. I don't recall if that information was ever given, but at least it's not a big budgeted movie. Obviously it won't make it back from the box office.

The budget for Cry Macho was 33 M$.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2021, 06:54:21 PM »

This is definitely sad, but I'm not surprised. When I saw it in the evening on opening night, I was literally the only person in the theater. I've never seen a movie in a movie theater by myself before. It was a very strange experience.

I think it was a combination of COVID fears, given that Clint's audience is largely older and therefore vulnerable, and the poor reviews for the film.

Here's to hoping his next film is a hit!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2021, 06:55:46 PM »

This is definitely sad, but I'm not surprised. When I saw it in the evening on opening night, I was literally the only person in the theater. I've never seen a movie in a movie theater by myself before. It was a very strange experience.

I think it was a combination of COVID fears, given that Clint's audience is largely older and therefore vulnerable, being simultaneously available on HBO Max, and the poor reviews for the film.

Here's to hoping his next film is a hit!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2021, 11:22:38 PM »

I havent seen Cry Macho yet so have no opinion of the film although despite reviews and some opinions here
Im still very much looking forward to it..

I do remember watching Honkytonk Man virtually  alone in a cinema here in London after it received poor reviews and poor
box office and  to this day it remains one of my favourite Clint Eastwood films..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:11:07 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #376 on: September 29, 2021, 12:24:55 PM »

Last night I got a text from a friend while i was watching the pre-season NY Rangers game and out of nowhere my friend texted, " BTW, Have you seen Cry Macho yet"? I texted back 'No, I don't planned to.." And my friend texted back, " The movie was one of the worst movies I ever seen", and this is from a die hard Eastwood fan which really disillusioned made me quite sad..
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2021, 02:23:01 PM »

Not that it really matters in many aspects, but the most vilified response to Eastwood's 'Cry Macho' has been from Director Paul Scharader who certainly has done his share of schlock in his filming past. I can't remember if I've ever read a scathing opinion about a movie from another director in all these years of going to the movies. Not sure this came out in this forum since my pc is acting up, but Schrader could use a valium cocktail.

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=Awr9Gi0PKVZhig4A_FdpCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj/RV=2/RE=1633065359/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fnews.yahoo.com%2fpaul-schrader-hits-clint-eastwood-073551818.html%3ffr%3dsycsrp_catchall/RK=0/RS=4ZOxi1qGRca2kduFOffn7QuH3tw-
batfunk2

View Profile Email
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »

Paul Schrader is a great director, who made a few bad movies too. I'm not offensed by his movie review. First, movie directors are often the weakest movie critics, with a lot of ego and personal conflits with others directors.
Second, all directors failed at least one time, Eastwood included. The 15:17 to Paris was  only three years ago and i really doubt Cry Macho could be worst.. I hope ;D
The chances that Eastwood bombs three-four times successively at box-office to jeopardize his career is nearly  inexistent. The man is a Survivor so Just relax, go watching the movie  and if you don't like it, move on.  ;)
Jeeezzz, still one month to wait in France...  :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 05:18:30 PM by batfunk2 » Logged
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2021, 10:34:37 AM »

Pauline Kael was Schrader's mentor= which explains a lot......
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T