News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Ennio Morricone  (Read 4837 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:51 AM »

Amazing that they were at school together. Great picture..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »

I have never seen either of the Once Upon a Time in the West or America films.

Well AKA23, I would recommend both films, just for the first 10 minutes of Once Upon A Time In The West which is one of the greatest openings of any Leone film.. It's a great story and many critics consider it though I don't agree the greatest Western ever made. It's long, but a worthwhile film. OUAT In America was Leone's passion for many years. A great cast with DeNiro, James Woods, to start with. I remember I bought the dvd of it years ago. It's a great story about Jewish gangsters in the prohibition era to the late 60's. Like IN The West it's long and has a few flaws, but a great movie. Unfortunately, both movies did nothing at the box office and now are considered classics. I agree with that. In fact, they just came out with a newer version of In America with 20 minutes of added deleted scenes which pretty much brings the movie to almost 4 hours. An epic film. Morricone's score for this film is haunting stuff.....
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 12:11:41 AM »

What are your favorite Morricone scores? Mine is "The Mission," followed by "The Untouchables." I also really like his score for "In the Line Of Fire."

It?s hard to choose one particular score because I like many Morricone scores

If I had to choose only one score, I would say The Good, The Bad and The Ugly because I discovered Clint Eastwood, Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone with that film

Actually, I like all the scores that Ennio did for Sergio Leone

I also like the scores for other movies like Le Professionnel (Chi Mai), The Untouchables, In the Line of Fire, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Casualties of War

I have never seen The Mission but it?s obviously one of the best Morricone?s scores

Even if you haven?t seen the movies, you can listen to Ennio Morricone scores because his music can stand alone
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »

Eastwood will appear in Tornatore's "Ennio" , a documentary about the brilliant composer. Looks really great ...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC962MwzGBA&t=138s
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T