News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who saw Cry Macho? Members' Comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED!)  (Read 4467 times)
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2022, 02:10:12 AM »

Finally got round to seeing this and admittedly I had low expectations, but I loved it, a really lovely gentle road movie, no more, no less.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »

Finally got round to seeing this and admittedly I had low expectations, but I loved it, a really lovely gentle road movie, no more, no less.

Yes, Cry Macho is better than what some film critics and some film goers said about it.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2022, 01:55:53 PM »

Finally got to see Cry Macho after all this time. Not a bad movie. It's a low grade Eastwood movie which I thought excelled in ways that just doesn't exist anymore in a sense of what type of movies are being made today. I have no understanding of why the critics thrashed the movie, but then I do cause everything is political today. I enjoyed the movie more than The Mule which I felt was 20 minutes too long and dragged.

On the negative side there were times the movie was too dark. There were scenes in the beginning you couldn't see anything. That annoyed me. As far as the movie itself, though I liked it I felt Eastwood was too old for the part and I wished he would had done the movie 40 years ago when he had the chance to do it. It would had given the movie a bit more realistic edge to it. Plus the female encounters I didn't buy at all, especially with Rafa's Mother.  If I was rating it I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. I'm not sure what Eastwood has in store for his future, but I rather he stay behind the camera with something with more with an edge and challenging.
I
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2022, 02:26:11 PM »

Watching Cry Macho again and thoroughly enjoying the laid back groove, the cinematography, the score and the warm, sweet vibe, I was struck by the fact that this is a Clint Eastwood film in more senses than one ... he's in every scene, from opening shot to slow fade. I can't think of another Eastwood film where this happens...where his presence dominates a film from beginning to end in terms of screen time. What do we think?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 02:27:31 PM by Macpherson » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T