News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood to Direct Juror #2 for Warner Bros as Final Film  (Read 13043 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2023, 08:36:44 AM »

I still have so many questions about Juror #2. I think the John Grisham comparison is spot-on, and I wonder why Clint chose this project in particular for what could be his last film. At surface level, it doesn't strike me as very personal; whereas in the case of Clint's biopics or even Cry Macho, these films could be interpreted as deconstructions of classic Hollywood characters, we are yet to see how Juror #2 connects to that. What does Eastwood have in common with a juror who realizes he's guilty of the crime he's supposed to make a decision on? Some statement about reserving judgement? A commentary being a part of the Hollywood culture? A feeling of repressed guilt? Who knows.

This is a good question. I'm not sure this movie connects in any deep way thematically for Eastwood on a personal level. Based on the synopsis it does seem to be another where the system does not work as intended to produce a just result, the wrong person is being prosecuted for a crime he did not commit, and it needs to be subverted to right that wrong, so it may connect in that way with previous films. It also seems to be a bit of a redemption story because the juror is seeking to atone for his own role in the killing. I think that Eastwood is likely doing this movie not for any particularly deep reason but because "Cry Macho" was poorly received, and if this is the last film, he doesn't want to end his career on a bad film. Something to understand about Eastwood is that he is an instinctual, rather than an introspective, filmmaker, so I think as fans we likely think a lot more about the themes of his films and the deeper meanings behind his choices than he does. I wouldn't be surprised if he were making this for no other reason beyond him liking the story and taking advantage of an opportunity to do a film that was hopefully better than "Cry Macho" and that has a greater opportunity of being well received. I think the only time Eastwood really thought deeply about his legacy and how he would be thought of historically is when he made "Unforgiven" which is the main reason it has remained the last western for Eastwood for the past 30 years.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2023, 10:27:49 AM »

Looks like he hasn?t shaved since the strike commenced?

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2023, 04:45:18 PM »

Good question and interesting answers too.
I would add that initially and even before making Cry Macho, Clint wanted to make a legal drama anyway: I think of that Clarence Darrow project called Conviction, which did not come to fruition at this point. Juror #2, regarding the synopsis, seems old-fashioned, like many other Clint films. I think that it is a new occasion for Clint to explore and describe the American society through its legal system, its good sides and its dark sides: how does a man deal with the institutions of his country ? And also, how does he deal with his own consciousness ?
Juror #2 is promising and I am happy to see Clint making an other film.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2023, 12:31:35 AM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2023, 08:25:51 AM »

IMDb confirm Juror #2 in post production.....
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 08:27:15 AM by Macpherson » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2023, 11:44:48 AM »

J.K. Simmons (Whiplash) has joined the cast. I'm a fan of his, so I'm happy about this. He will be playing a juror.

Also, this film is still in production and they are filming in Atlanta, per the article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/j-k-simmons-clint-eastwood-juror-no-2-1235728354/
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2023, 01:34:03 PM »

Me too, great actor,  that is good news 👍
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 05:59:12 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2023, 11:53:20 PM »

J.K. Simmons (Whiplash) has joined the cast. I'm a fan of his, so I'm happy about this. He will be playing a juror.

Also, this film is still in production and they are filming in Atlanta, per the article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/j-k-simmons-clint-eastwood-juror-no-2-1235728354/

Amazing actor and a huge addition to the already rich lineup of this film. J.K. Simmons is one of those few supporting actors who make any film better by just being in it. so happy and hyped. can't wait more.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2023, 09:01:35 AM »

How is Nicolas Hoult as an actor? How much talent does he have? I know Kiefer Sutherland and J.K. Simmons and would consider them both to be good actors. I'm familiar with Toni Collette, and while she is not my favorite actress, I think she's talented as well and I could see her doing well in the role of a prosector. So, the unknown for me is Hoult, since he is going to be the main star in the film. I'm not asking about the roles he has done in other films or his popularity. I'm asking for an evaluation of his skill as an actor, based on the performances you may have seen from him.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2023, 12:57:02 PM »

I enjoy seeing Nicolas Hoult in movies. The first things I remember seeing with him are Warm Bodies and Jack the Giant Slayer, both from 2013 (I went to see both in theaters that year). He was quite good in The Menu last year.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2023, 11:35:34 PM »

How is Nicolas Hoult as an actor? How much talent does he have? I know Kiefer Sutherland and J.K. Simmons and would consider them both to be good actors. I'm familiar with Toni Collette, and while she is not my favorite actress, I think she's talented as well and I could see her doing well in the role of a prosector. So, the unknown for me is Hoult, since he is going to be the main star in the film. I'm not asking about the roles he has done in other films or his popularity. I'm asking for an evaluation of his skill as an actor, based on the performances you may have seen from him.

He is a truly talented actor. just as Adam Driver has worked with so many great directors from Eastwood and Michael Mann to Scorsese and Ridley Scott, Nicholas Hoult has as well worked with great filmmakers and he has done great in almost every one of them. He will also appear in Robert Eggers' Nosferatu which is the second remake of the 1922 German Expressionist film. Moreover, He is a young and familiar actor for younger generation who can represent them easily.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 11:36:43 PM by SamanMoradkhani » Logged
Stevenb

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2023, 05:37:59 PM »

good   hope he doesn't start slacking off  ; there were reports of the big C  demise  just more internet fabrication it seems the more the gov n meant  cracks down on it the worse it seems to get  glad the "FBI" hot on the trail
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2023, 04:45:47 AM »

There are rumours around the web that Mr Eastwood will play Jor El in Superman legacy....
Could this explain the beard ? :)

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2023, 08:02:53 AM »

I have not seen this reported by any credible source and would be shocked if this were true. Clint was offered the Superman role earlier in his career and turned it down and has expressed no interest in ever joining a comic book franchise. It is certainly a creative suggestion by those perpetuating this rumor, but I wouldn?t take it too seriously.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2023, 11:29:27 PM »

Nicholas Hoult stars in The Rolling Stones new music video!
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2023, 12:30:13 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2023, 12:55:46 PM »

This is quite a diverse cast.

That's very stylish!  ;D
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2023, 12:28:58 AM »

God they are cooking with this one  :smitten:
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2023, 12:46:29 AM »

As I checked these actors' Instagram, I found out that one week or so is left of shooting in Georgie, and Amy Aquino is probably doing the role of judge while the rest are jurors.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2023, 09:35:42 AM »

More new casting news from Deadline...

https://deadline.com/2023/12/clint-eastwood-juror-no-2-amy-aquino-cast-1235669312/

I'm not familiar with any of these actors, with the exception of Amy Aquino, who plays a police officer on "Bosch".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T