News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood to Direct Juror #2 for Warner Bros as Final Film  (Read 26522 times)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »

This story has been confirmed by the Hollywood Reporter.

Clint Eastwood Sets New Movie, ?Juror No. 2,? With Nicholas Hoult, Toni Collette
The 92-year old Hollywood icon will direct the film, which is set up at his longtime studio home Warner Bros.

BY MIA GALUPPO, BORYS KIT
APRIL 14, 2023 9:30AM

Clint Eastwood ? the legendary actor-director behind Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, and Bridges of Madison County ? is gearing up to make yet another film for his longtime studio home, Warner Bros.

The 92-year-old is in the process of casting Nicholas Hoult and Toni Collette in Juror No. 2., a legal drama that is set up at Warners. After months of trying to find the right combination of actors and weeks of talks with Hoult and Collette, official offers to the actors went out Thursday.

Juror No. 2 will take place during a murder trial and follows a juror, to be played Hoult, who realizes that he may have caused the victim?s death. He must decide whether to manipulate the jury to save himself, or reveal the truth and turn himself in. Collette would play the prosecutor.

A production start of mid-June is being eyed, which will make Eastwood 93 years old when cameras begin to roll, making him one of the oldest filmmakers still working.

Eastwood?s last movie was Cry Macho, a modern-day Western released in 2021. Eastwood also starred in the movie, which was not well-received. Sources say that the actor-director wanted to find one last project in order to be able to ride off into the sunset with his head held high. He found the script by Jonathan Abrams and decided this was the one. Some rewrites were done to change the ages of certain characters as well as to add a supporting role. Eastwood has been trying to cast the project since late last year with names such as Charlize Theron in the permutations.

Eastwood is producing the movie with Adam Goodman, the former production president of Paramount-turned-producer. Tim Moore and Jessica Meier are also producing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/clint-eastwood-direct-juror-no-2-nicholas-hoult-toni-collette-1235353258/

I'm looking forward to this project. Also, am I reading too much into this, or do you guys think that the supporting role might be an acting role for Eastwood? Also, I note that this article appears to also state that Eastwood does intend this to be his last film. What does everyone think now that this appears to be confirmed?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 01:19:41 PM by AKA23 » Logged
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 12:16:52 PM »

This movie sounds like it has a very intriguing story-line. Plus I like the two lead actors.  I have read a couple of other stories where there is no mention that this would be Eastwood's last film but it's gotta happen at some point, although I would never discount him eyeing a story he wants to tell on film.  I agree that reading between the lines does sound like Clint might play a small role or have a cameo type thing.
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 01:09:13 PM »

I know the guy's 92, but somehow it still is difficult to imagine that he really did say okay, this is the last one. Not that I'm discrediting the sources. It was gonna happen at some point.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 10:59:00 PM »

Hell yeah.. take all my money. Eastwood is producing this one along with former president of Paramount pictures, Alan Goodman, with Toni Collette as the prosecutor and Nicholas Hoult as the Juror number 2. All hail the king, as he prepares for his last hurrah
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 12:52:07 AM »

Fantastic news.. 👍

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 10:22:17 AM »

Just saw this news online so glad to see this looks like it will happen. The story sounds interesting too.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2023, 01:51:24 PM »

Great news . Eastwood's work is still in progress ...
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 12:12:23 AM »

Excellent news! I am so glad that Clint is still interested in filmmaking :)
Many people, and even some of his die-hard fans, thought that Cry Macho was his last film.
However, Clint has never announced his retirement. That Juror #2 project is promising. I am not so familiar with Nicholas Hoult and Toni Collette but at least, they are true professional actors. I think that The Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis is the only film with Toni Collette I have seen: she was pretty good. And Mad Max: Fury Road is probably the only film with Nicholas Hoult I have seen. About Juror #2, I checked IMDb and I noticed that Clint is not only quoted in the directing department but also in the acting department: then, he may have a supporting role.
Clint is planning to shoot the film in a couple of months (mid-June) and may be eyeing a December release:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/4/uxgmn6ys9ccdf2gj04o4uvvkk6uczc
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 03:54:09 AM »

It's confirmed by Steve Campanelli, so we haven't any doubt more now. https://www.instagram.com/p/CrCd6KUJrB2/

With this shooting, Eastwood won't be the oldest film director in activity at this time : Alejandro Jodorowski, 94, is prepping his new film.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:21:07 AM by honkytonkman » Logged
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2023, 01:24:43 AM »

Nicholas Hoult and Toni Collette both confirmed their presence in Juror no.2, and also expressed their hype and amazement to work with the "LIVING LEGEND".
beautiful things are about to happen.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023, 01:29:00 PM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2023, 02:00:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/Clint_Archives/status/1652058731188764673?t=53Qs921jUXtb75vEgph9Xg&s=19
From a Clint Eastwood tribute account run by Andrew@Warner Bros
For information only and not yet official.
"Filming will be in Atlanta to start June 19th.."
"On the filming sheet, Atlanta is on there, Warner Bros Lot Stage 48 and a few places in New Mexico..."

Time will prove/disprove the veracity of these tweets.....
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 06:00:01 AM »

Alright, I can't resist but ask - is there any news of a potential extra casting call for this film? I have occasionally been an extra on some productions, and if this indeed is the last film that Clint Eastwood is ever going to make, I thought what the hell, why not give it a try.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »

Actually, İ loved Zoey Deutch in The Outfit, and truly think she is a very underrated actor. For this I'm truly excited to see how that is going to work out. Though, İn case and fear of any blacklash from ultra liberal Hollywood i hope for some diversity here.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 11:26:43 AM »

If true, it's quite intriguing that Eastwood has decided to make this his last film and that he's actually directed script changes, and changed the ages of some of the characters, since he usually doesn't do that. What makes this project and this material one he wants to cap off his career with?

I'm still looking forward to this, but I'm disappointed in the cast so far. I'm not really a fan of any of these actors, and if this is to be the last film, it would have been great if he had an A-list cast, and if he potentially would have brought back some of the great actors he worked with before in previous films, as a tribute for his final send off. There is still lots of casting to do, so maybe we will be surprised!
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2023, 08:29:14 PM »

Well i think both Nicholas Hoult and Toni Collette are A-List actors. They are maybe the busiest actors in Hollywood. Toni Collette has been stellar for the past decade. İ heard that Eastwood wanted Charlize Theron first, and then Collette. İ dunno if that's true. But i'd love to see some old familiar faces again. And let's keep in mind that story/script matters most; Bradley Cooper didn't help The Mule that much despite being an A-LİST
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2023, 03:14:01 PM »

I would not say that Nicholas Hoult and Toni Colette are A-list actors, though they are far from being unknown. Nicholas Hoult has missed some roles in Top Gun: Maverick, The Batman and Mission:Impossible 7. He recently shared the screen with Nicolas Cage in Renfield, which is not doing very well at the box office. Anyway, I am not familiar with both of them at all.

Perhaps that Juror #2 project needs more character actors than A-list actors. In the past, Clint directed many A-list actors: for instance, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Costner, Angelina Jolie, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bradley Cooper, Tom Hanks. It did not systematically result with box office success.

As AKA23 said, the casting process is still in progress. Then, we will have more news next month, when production starting. Clint has not confirmed that Juror #2 will be his last film.

In your opinion, what is the film budget ?
Which A-list actors would you like to see in that project ? Would you like to see Clint himself ?
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2023, 03:19:44 AM »

Toni Colette is an amazing actor.. I?m thrilled shes going to be working with Clint.. Class
To me it?s quality work that counts not box office..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 03:20:51 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 12:21:38 AM »

Box Office is a lost cause. in a time when Marvel/DC universe films, stream kingpins like HBO, Netflix, Apple+, Hulu, etc., and plus 200M budget films are dominating entertainment industry, expecting a maximum 50M budget film by a 93 year old director, a film actually made for adults and not teenagers, to make a huge success at box office is pure na?ve optimism. No A-LIST actors could do that anymore. Guillermo del Toro's remake of Nightmare Alley with A-List names like Cate Blanchett, Bradley Cooper, and of course, Toni Collette bombed at box-office.

the only difference here is David Zeslav. WB's new sheriff who reportedly made a scene by criticizing WB's officials for "greenlighting" Cry Macho. He infamously claimed that "we owe nothing to no one." And yet he apparently greenlighted Juror No.2 which makes it more promising.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2023, 02:41:28 AM »

Just curious has Eastwood actually said this will be his final film?  I know hes in his 90s but he has said in the past he wants to keep making movies at 100 yrs of age. Just not sure why there saying its his last film if he hasn?t himself said it is.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 02:43:29 AM by Rawhide7 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T