News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Harry, Scorpio and the Yellow Bag" contest  (Read 37912 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 24, 2003, 11:43:58 PM »

Think you know your Dirty Harry trivia?  Want to play a game where you'll be Harry in a race against time to save Ann-Mary Deacon's life?  Then sign up for our next contest which we'll be running just before the end of our Dirty Harry film discussion.

We'll also need a "Scorpio" for everyone who signs up to play.  Each "Scorpio" will be running a "Harry" all over San Francisco, asking trivia question after trivia question at various stops, until finally Harry arrives at Mt. Davidson Park, where he will be given a final question to answer.  The first "Harry" to arrive at Mt. Davidson Park and give the correct final answer wins (and saves Ann-Mary Deacon's life!)

If you think you don't know your Dirty Harry trivia that well, then sign up to play one of our "Scorpios".  It should be a lot of fun.  The "Harry" who wins will be getting a nice prize... a choice of a genuine (we believe) autographed picture of Clint with COA, or an Eastwood DVD of their choice from Amazon.com.

To run this contest, every player will need to be online at the same time.  We'll find out what time will best accomodate all participants before we start.  The contest should run between 30-45 minutes, and we'll need all players to be able to play the game uninterrupted for that period of time.  

Details of the game will be announced after we have some members sign up to play... so what are you waiting for?  Sign up here, and let us know if you'd like to be "Harry" and go for a prize, or if you'd like to help out and just have some fun as "Scorpio".
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 02:20:50 PM »

Is the trivia just over Dirty Harry, or are there any questions from the other films?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 03:17:45 PM »

All the questions will be from the original Dirty Harry movie only.

For the prizes, here's the autographed Clint picture, it's 8x10, and includes the COA also shown:

Or, a choice of any Eastwood DVD from Amazon.com.
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 07:11:19 PM »

Ann-Mary Deacon, buried alive.  

Double-crossing San Francisco police made me do this.  Now ransom $200,000, used tens and twenties.  One man with yellow bag.  Southside Marina.  Green East Harbor.  9 p.m.  She has oxygen until 3 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Red panties and bra.  Nice tits.  Mole on left thigh.  Anything cute and you'll force me to let the girl die of slow suffocation.  

Scorpio
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 07:14:18 PM »

He sounds serious......

Anyone want to be the bagman?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 07:23:42 PM »

We're gonna need at least four bagmen for this contest.  If you'd like to play, sign up now.  Time's running out for Ann-Mary Deacon.  :'(
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 08:01:45 PM »

I might be interested in being a "Harry" or a "Scorpio," depending on what some other people want to do.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 09:11:47 PM »

I'm in...
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2003, 02:57:43 PM »

Hubba, hubba, hubba.

Pig bastard.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 07:59:25 AM »

He's getting testy.  Who else wants in?
DirtyDuffy45

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 04:21:06 AM »

Put me in, no harm in trying right?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 03:17:55 PM »

We've got three "Harry's" and need at least one more.  For this contest, you don't need to be an Eastwood expert, just watch the original Dirty Harry with an eye for detail and you'll have as good a shot as anyone else.  All questions will be found within the film.  

So who else is out there that wants to play?
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 06:00:34 PM »

When will this game be played?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 06:19:36 PM »

Once we have enough people, I'll contact everyone and find out a day and time that will best work for everyone.  It'll probably be a weekend, or week night... a week or so from now.
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 08:53:29 AM »

Im not very good at trivia, but I could be a Harry if theres a person missing, as dirtyduffy said, no harm in trying right? Since Im in Canada, I know there will be a time difference, but Im sure we can figure something out. ;D

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2003, 02:43:35 PM »

hi - i would like to have a go at the trivia to

england -  its flag the St George flag
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 07:48:55 PM »

Great, we've got five Harry's now.  We can still take on a few more players if anyone else wants to play.

I want to find a time everyone is available, so this is my first attempt.  How's 2:30 EST on Saturday, July 12th for all the Harry's? We've got three Scorpios that can make it.  If this isn't good for everyone, let me know a better time on Saturday or Sunday.  
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2003, 11:09:48 AM »

I think that would be a good time for me.Is 2:30 EST the time on the board? that would be 5:30 for me, Im always 3 ahours ahead of the hour on the board.

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2003, 02:58:39 PM »

Hi Matt, what day and time would this work out for me?
-stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2003, 05:43:50 PM »

I think that would be a good time for me.Is 2:30 EST the time on the board? that would be 5:30 for me, Im always 3 ahours ahead of the hour on the board.

Misty, you can adjust the board time to be in your own local time zone by going into your profile and looking all the way down where it says "Time offset", and putting a "3" in there.    The board is actually in Mountain time, which is two hours before Eastern Standard time.  So, I'm pretty sure that 2:30 EST would be 3:30 PM on Saturday for you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2003, 06:53:46 PM by Matt » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T