News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVERY WHICH WAY: Business and Publicity 2: The Trailer  (Read 1382 times)
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2003, 09:19:04 PM »

If you have seen this trailer, what is your opinion of it? Did it give you enough information to intrigue you to go see it? Do you think it provided too much information?
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 09:22:40 PM »

The trailer is on the DVD and I just watched it again.  At first I thought it was a little too corny for an Eastwood movie but the more I watched it, I realized that it was probably appropriate.

It definitely makes it clear to everyone that this is going to be a downright comedy. Anyone seeing the trailer first would not be surprised by the kind of movie it is once they get to the theater and that may have been one of their goals in doing it this way.

At first I thought there was some kind of mistake or technical difficulty on the DVD.  There's a complete blank screen while this couple talks about going to see a movie. Then they begin to talk about Eastwood in the various scenarios of the film (as scenes begin).....fighting, falling in love, being beat up by a woman (Ma - Ruth Gordon), confessing his affairs with an orangutan, etc.

My guess is that people who saw this trailer, without any prior knowledge that Eastwood was going to make this movie, were probably a little stunned and maybe couldn't believe he was going to do this comedy.

It's cute if you like corny and I think that's probably what they were going for.  :)
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 02:07:26 PM »

This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the General Discussion forum.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T