News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVERY WHICH WAY: Style & Technique 3. The Pace  (Read 1635 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 13, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

How well-paced do you find Every Which Way But Loose? Does it hold your interest throughout? Does it seem to rush or lag at times? Are there any particular scenes that you think stand out as especially crisply paced or dragging?
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 06:01:08 PM »

The pace was fine to hold my attention throughout except I did find myself wanting the scenes between Philo and Lynn Halsey-Taylor to be shorter and "fewer and farther between."  That's, of course, because I really didn't like her character in this film.  And, it would have moved better for me if Halsey-Taylor had done even fewer songs.

The fight scenes seemed to be well paced....enough to hold your attention and let you get into the fight but not so long that you got tired of it.

And, the humor was interspersed appropriately to remind you that this was a comedy by Eastwood and to sit back, relax, and enjoy.
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 02:14:19 PM »

This thread is now locked.  Please post any additional thoughts you have on this topic in the General Discussion forum.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:07:48 PM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T