News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: References to Clint  (Read 218974 times)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 01:44:32 PM »

in The blues brothers.
Where they are going to play at a red neck bar where the audience throw bottles at them when they play the blues.
The blue brothers has no other alternative than to play the theme from Rawhide all night long. ;)
davytriumph
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 03:31:21 AM »

Martin Short in "Inner Space".

Quote:

"Outlaw Josey Wales,  what a flick"

"Theres three dollars, including the tip"
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 06:10:06 AM »

We also have Back to the future 2 and 3. in the first one, biff watches a fistfull of dollars where we see the scene with clint´s hidden stoveiron underneath his poncho. In the second one Marty McFly says his name is Clint Eastwood, and use the same trick with the hidden stoveiron he saw in  FoD when he confronts the western era version of biff tannen.  

By the way, the blues brothers also mentions Rowdy Yates, before they play the Rawhide theme back to back for almost an entire night.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004, 01:10:22 PM »

in The blues brothers.
Where they are going to play at a red neck bar...

To be honest, I think that scene had a lot to do with the resurgence and revival of Rawhide in the early 80s. I didn't even know the show existed until I heard that song in The Blues Brothers, and shortly after that a new local UHF  station started airing Rawhide episodes. Only reason I watched it (as well as my friends), was because of Clint.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 01:11:04 PM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
grandpa_chum

If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 05:19:05 PM »

not really a clint reference, but more of a reference to one of his movies... In that new lion king movie... 1 and a half i believe it's called... funny movie btw... simba and timon have a snail eating contest... during which the GBU theme music is being played, before they actually start it has that leone western showdown thing going on with the extreme closeups and the squinting of the eyes.

Another one that came to mind was in shawshank redemption, when they are in the 60's or 70's and red is working at the grociery store bagging grocieries a guy is reading a newspaper that says something like "eastwood makes it big!", couldn't quite read it, it was a quick little thing in the background. Only reason i know that is because i saw the movie last night, i'm sure i won't remember it in a week.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2004, 08:06:24 PM »

In Mrs.Doubtfire Robin Williams (as Mrs.Doubtfire) says
"Oh, I thought I saw Clint Eastwood. That would make my day, he's such a stud muffin!"
bwaynef already posted this but it always cracks me up..........a stud muffin LOL :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 08:07:49 PM by Dannyman » Logged

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 06:16:40 AM »

I saw a policecomedy called running scared (i think) with billy crystal and gregory hines. they play two cops who thinks about quitting the force and open a bar in florida. At one point they are ready to enter a appartment wit two italian backup cops (one of them is called tony) who pulls out a 44. each.

Hines : let me guess? Clint Eastwood!!!
Crystal (sarcastic) : Dirty tony
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2004, 09:15:26 PM »

But does anyone know of movies or TV shows, maybe even songs, where Clint is referanced either by name or maybe a character name he played?

dane with no name
in The blues brothers.
Where they are going to play at a red neck bar where the audience throw bottles at them when they play the blues.
The blue brothers has no other alternative than to play the theme from Rawhide all night long.

Just watched it again and it's Hilarious!

Bob- "That ain’t no Hank Williams song!?!"

Murph- "Why did they turn off the lights"

Willie- "Maybe they blew a fuse."

Blu- "I don’t think so man.  Those lights are out on purpose."

Elwood- "We ve got to figure out something these people like and fast!"

Murph  "Hey, I got it!  Remember the theme to Rawhide?"

Elwood- "The old favorite Rowdy Yates...  What key?"

Donald Duck- "  "A".   Good country key

Elwood- "Rawhide in "A" "
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 09:47:46 PM by DAmbrosia » Logged
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2004, 09:45:07 PM »

On the Food Network cooking show Good Eats, with Alton Brown, Alton is talking about corn and he says:

Whether you agree that corn out ranks other earthly pleasures or not, you can't argue. Corn is uniquely and absolutely American, just like Clint Eastwood or the Rocky Mountains. The way I see it, Italy ran off with our tomatoes, Ireland stole our spuds but these, these are ours, not to mention seriously good eats.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
sumant23

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2004, 03:03:24 AM »

On Friends,Joey and Ross are discussing hollywood couples,
J:Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise
Ross:(says another couple)

Phoebe:Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson  ;D

James and Dave forever
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"I ain't like that anymore, kid."

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2004, 05:29:34 PM »

Louis Gossett Jr. asks Jim Belushi, "Who do you think you are, Dirty Harry or somebody?" in 'The Principal'.
Tyne Daly (The Enforcer) made reference to Dirty Harry once in her 'Cagney & Lacey' tv show; I can't remember the exact quote, but I think she was referring to her partner.  How about Jim Carrey?  He's obviously a big fan and imitated him in 'The Mask' and 'Bruce Almighty'.

"That don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was."
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 05:19:34 AM »

In the movie (i think the english title is) no. 5 is still alive, (it´s about a robot with human feelings.) no. 5 is arested by two policemen for disturbing the public order, and asks :
Am i going to make your day?

dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2004, 06:40:01 AM »

Came up with one more.
In an episode of C.S.I. they investigate a murder on a gay celebrity, and during their investigation they talk to "some guy" (i zapped over on C.S.I during a commercial break from another channel, so i didnt get nay names.)

Some guy :
Think of some of hollywods greates macho-heroes ; Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford. How would it be if they were obenly gay?

masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 01:50:09 PM »

Mainly for Europeans this one, but I am watching Only Fools and Horses, and it is the 'Jolly Boys Outing' episode.

Anyway, when Del Boy is in Raquel's flat, and punches 'The Great Raymondo' and says to Raquel, "Don't have to worry anymore, Del Boy is here" and Rodney whistles the GBU tune.
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2004, 07:36:02 AM »

In the tv series Futurama there are two references to clint.
One episode is called A fishfull of dollars, and in the episode Where the buggalo roams (a episode made like a sci-fi western the pompous twat zap Branigan says
They call me the man with no name, zap brannigan at your service
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2004, 08:13:57 PM »

Night and the City.

Robert De Niro(Harry Fabian): You can run for mayer, like Clint Eastwood

WKC.

wilky1974

"Broad Sword calling Danny Boy"

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2004, 01:16:01 PM »

There's the scene in "Bruce Almighty" where Jim Carey had just started learning his "godly" powers, and he turns himself into clint for a brief moment, he looks in the rear-view mirror and it looks like Clint, and then the back window of his car gets shot out.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 01:17:05 PM by wilky1974 » Logged

"You know you're gonna look awfully silly with that knife sticking up your ass!"
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 03:50:47 PM »

I had Radio 2's country show on the other night, and happened to hear a reference to Clint in Brad Paisley's song I'll Take You Back, on his new album, Time Well Wasted.

He's listing things he thinks will never happen...

When Donald Trump takes a part time job parking cars
When Clint Eastwood does ballet in a big pink leotard

Complete lyrics HERE.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2005, 03:04:24 AM »

Watching The District tonight,there was a reference to Clint and Play Misty For Me.A woman who murdered her husband used the scene where Jessica Walter is pounding on the door as her excuse for killing him saying it was him pounding on the door while she was on the phone with Jack Mannion ( Craig T Nelson ).Later Jack is watching play Misty for Me on telly and figures out how he heard the pounding on the door over the phone but no one else in the building heard it.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »

In A History Of Violence

Carl Fogarty
(Ed harris): "I'm scared. We should leave before he goes all Dirty Harry on us."

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T