News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: References to Clint  (Read 222357 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2014, 02:29:36 AM »

I'm sure Liam Neeson's character, Bad Cop in The Lego Movie did a Clint imitation when he said in one scene, "Get off my train!"

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2014, 02:30:49 AM »

Yes. If you wanna quote somebody worth quoting, you caint go much higher up the tree than to quote Clint.

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2014, 08:34:22 PM »

'' Gandalf, Han Solo And Clint Eastwood All In One Game?! ''

New blockbuster game, Destiny, features characters loosely based on some of our favourite iconic characters all in one world - and it's awesome!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-heroes-that-will-not-die-165257934.html#WKJc8oK

For more than a year, a terrible battle has raged in secret across the whole solar system, with science-fiction icons fighting alongside one another in team-ups Hollywood couldn’t imagine. Gandalf throwing bombs of pure energy alongside Clint Eastwood’s gunslinger of the wasteland from 'Man With No Name'. Yup, that happened.
We are talking about the new blockbuster game, Destiny. The video game is widely considered as the follow-up to the £3 billion entertainment juggernaut Halo which is one of the biggest franchises in any form of entertainment. Creator Bungie has let players, employees and experts tinker with their Guardians (characters) to create a game where heroes come to life.

David Dague, Community Manager at Bungie, says, “Every player of Destiny gets to create their own main character. We’re inviting the players of this game to project their own personality and create a hero that is ideally suited to their personality. Over time they’ll finely tune their Guardian so that it’s a reflection of their fighting style.”

So, with that in mind, we are FINALLY seeing 'Guardians' based on the most iconic movie characters all in one place. For example:

In film: Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars, Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon
In Destiny: The Hunter - Defender
Powers: Shape Void Light into an indestructible shield to protect you and your allies from harm.
Dague says, “The Hunter is that lone gunslinger of the wasteland.”
Player Olli Hull says, "love the hunter with a Sniper & Auto Rifle. The amount of equipment, armour, guns you can find around the world of Destiny is insane. So many options on how you want to create a character you can call you own.  The Moon mission was incredible. It literally felt I was walking on the Moon. But you also see this massive door open with this mysterious figure just behind you.Take your time to settle in. And make sure to you good off the beaten path. Surprises await.”

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2014, 07:17:53 PM »

'' Clint Eastwood inspires One Direction bicep competition ''

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news/clint-eastwood-inspires-one-direction-bicep-competition-6065956?ref=rss

The One Direction hitmaker has reportedly taken up Krav Maga - a form of self-defence developed for the Israeli military - after the Hollywood legend advised him he would need to improve his physique in order to make it in the movie industry.

Clint, 84, is said to have introduced Harry, 20, to the technique - which is notoriously exhausting and uses a mixture of boxing, wrestling, Savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo and Jujutsu - to give him a better chance of landing lead roles in the future.

A source told The Daily Star newspaper: "Clint spoke to Harry about his future in Tinseltown. They discussed movie projects and then got on to the subject of achieving an action hero's physique.

"Clint had plenty to say on what Harry should do if he ever wanted to be considered leading man material."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/harry-styles-follows-clint-eastwoods-4113531

http://www.inquisitr.com/1442483/clint-eastwood-and-one-direction-an-unlikely-alliance/

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2014, 04:20:26 AM »

I caught this cool ad on TV this morning.

Nissan/Eastwood commercial

Not sure where else to post this, or maybe the title of this topic should be amended to read: Eastwood in the press and media. Just a thought.  :)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2014, 07:36:06 PM »

'' What Dirty Harry Can Teach Us About Finances ''

http://www.obj.ca/Blog-Article/b/26555/What-Dirty-Harry-Can-Teach-Us-About-Finances

I was twelve years old when the first Dirty Harry movie came out, starring a very young Clint Eastwood as a no-nonsense cop who foiled bank robberies while eating a hot dog. In the film, a serial killer was on the loose in San Francisco, killing random victims for sport. The only guy who could take down this maniac was a cop who played outside the rule book.

Movies like Dirty Harry tapped into the angst of those days: in 1971, crime rates were rising in America, the country was embroiled in the Vietnam War, faith in government was at a low ebb, and pessimism ruled the day.

Recently, stuck for entertainment, I rented this blast from the past. It struck me then that the film (in addition to providing some thrills) had a few things to say about finances as well. If you want to get a glimpse of the long-term effects of inflation, pick any 40-year-old movie and listen to people talking about money.

In Dirty Harry, for instance, our hero—having got shot in the leg by one of the lesser villains—is being tended to in the emergency room. When the doctor pulls out scissors to cut away the pant leg, Harry tells him not to even think of ruining his $29 designer trousers.

In another scene, the mayor gets a note from the killer, demanding an outrageous sum in order to stop his crime spree: “One hundred thousand dollars in small bills.” The mayor is aghast. “Where does he think I can get that kind of money?!”

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »

I caught this cool ad on TV this morning.

Nissan/Eastwood commercial

Not sure where else to post this, or maybe the title of this topic should be amended to read: Eastwood in the press and media. Just a thought.  :)

I've moved this post here from "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions," as the ad doesn't actually mention Clint at all, but just alludes to a film in which he had a role. It is a cool ad, and I'd meant to post about it earlier. Thanks, Jed Cooper.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:47:27 PM by KC » Logged
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »

I've moved this post here from "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions," as the ad doesn't actually mention Clint at all, but just alludes to a film in which he had a role. It is a cool ad, and I'd meant to post about it earlier. Thanks, Jed Cooper.

Thank you, KC. I was wondering where my post disappeared to.  I'm glad to know which topic things like this fall under.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:08:22 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2014, 07:58:17 PM »

'' Dress like a rock God ''

In an extract from a new book — Another Man: Men’s Style Stories — Bobby Gillespie and Paul Simonon discuss the impact fashion had on their fame

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/living/article1487675.ece

Paul Simonon We didn’t have a TV when I was a kid, so I took my tips from other sources. By 1966, my mum and dad had separated, and my mum’s boyfriend won a scholarship to study music in Italy for a year. I didn’t have to go to school there, so during the afternoons I would go to the cinema and watch spaghetti westerns. Like all kids, I loved them: riding around on horseback with two pistols is a good look. The funny thing is, when I got back, all my mates were listening to these ska and rock-steady records by Lee Perry that were all about Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef. I couldn’t believe it. I knew who they were because I had seen all the films before they were released in the UK. So that really resonated with me.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

'' Justified Boss Explains the Series' Final Showdown and Raylan's Last Heroic Act ''

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Justified-Boss-Explains-the-Series-Final-6200460.php

Yost: Unforgiven is still almost a perfect film, and one of the things that David Peoples and [Clint] Eastwood did in that was take expectations of a western and put a big spin on them. That movie still ends up with the great big shootout in a saloon, in a brothel. You get what you want, but you don't get it in the expected way, and that was always our goal on Justified. We knew that everyone would expect a final showdown between Raylan and Boyd. All the stories were leading that way. But we didn't want it to just end with them pulling guns and shooting because it felt like we've done that already. We did that in the pilot. It's better to do something that's, again, unexpected and yet something that feels right in terms of the characters.

Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2015, 01:56:25 AM »

Has this been posted before?

I saw this card over the weekend and it did look familar. I couldn't resist though, so I bought it.  :coolsmiley:

While searching for the card The Schofield Kid found, I found this card.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:34:19 AM by KC » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2015, 03:58:03 AM »

I was trying to move a post from this topic to "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions" in the News forum and I inadvertently merged the two topics!   :o :-[  :idiot2:

I've tried to remedy this, but for now, the first few dozen pages of the "Eastwood in the Press: Minor Mentions" thread are still a merged version of the two threads. I hope I can continue to fix this over the next few days.  :D

EDIT: I edited Dan Dassow's post, above, to correct the link to SK's quoted post. There may be more links in this thread that are "off" like that. Sorry!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:01:57 AM by KC » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »

Not really a reference but yesterday at the local shopping center, I stopped and looked at some old photos for the first time of the site before it became a shopping center. I was the site of Sydney's biggest drive in theatre up until the late 1970's and there was this photo.

exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »

Just watched a trailer for a new documentary called Tab Hunter Confidential.  Towards the end the trailer it says featuring interviews with several people... and Clint Eastwood is listed. 
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »

http://www.metrolyrics.com/los-rancheros-lyrics-adam-and-the-ants.html This song sounds exactly like Clint there's even a few YouTube videos with younger Clint to this song

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2015, 08:45:56 AM »

A couple weeks ago Scott tweeted his favourite quote from The Longest Ride is "Do you feel lucky punk" as a joke

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2016, 10:10:35 PM »

This is really minor, but ... From Natural History, October 2006:

Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »

Sorry if it has been mentioned before. In tv serie Two and a Half men Season 6 episode 18, Alan is watching tv when they announce The Bridges of Madison County, he says with a sad face "I am not going to cry". Charlie joins him and make comments about it isn't a Clint movie. I watched dubbed in portuguese but I according Imdb website the lines are:

Charlie: Hey! What are you doing up?
Alan Harper: Watching a Clint Eastwood movie...
Charlie Harper: This isn't a Clint Eastwood movie.
Alan Harper: Yes, it is.
Charlie Harper: Even Clint Eastwood doesn't think this is a Clint Eastwood movie.

It's a funny scene :)

I used to have the five stars
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T