News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there any "bad" Eastwood-film?  (Read 13533 times)
Antipatros

Opinions are like @#!holes, everybody has one!

View Profile Email
« on: December 12, 2002, 12:27:18 PM »

Well, I just wondered what do you all think... Do you think a certain Eastwood-film is the worst? And if, why?Or are they all great? :D
Cal
Administrator

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 12:39:19 PM »

Sure - some are better than others. I have a tough time sitting through Pink Cadillac  and City Heat.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 12:40:08 PM »

Sort of gives me an idea of starting a "Reverse Eastwood Film Survivor," starting with elimimating the best films, working up to the worst.  ;D

I think The Rookie and City Heat are good candidates for worst.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
shabby chic

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 12:50:07 PM »

Well, we should differentiate between the films he directed and the ones he starred in.  Those monkey-boxing films are awful, as is City Heat and Pink Cadilac.  Paint Your Wagon is awful.  But Eastwood as director, probably his worst are Heartbreak Ridge and Firefox, but even those shine above the earlier ones I mentioned.
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 03:53:43 PM »

I guess it is just a metter of opinion and what you can stand to site through. I love almost anything with Clint Eastwood in it, even the bad ones because there are usually small scenes that I can enjoy. But if I had to rank my top 10 least favorite films with number 1 bieng my least favorite, here goes...

NOTE: These do not include his earlier films of the 50's, films in which he was only the director, or cameo appearances like Casper.

10) The Eiger Sanction  

9)  White Hunter, Black Heart

8)  Absolute Power

7) Firefox

6) Joe Kidd

5) Paint Your Wagon  

4) The Rookie

3) Any Which Way You Can

2) City Heat

1) Pink Caddy  (bad movie, although I did enjoy the scenes of Reno NV, my local )

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 04:18:16 PM »

Not everyone of Eastwood's movies are amongst my all time favorites, but  I wouldn't say that any of them were really bad. Even the ones that I would say were my least favorite, I still like them. As far as my least favorites, I'd probably say City Heat and The Rookie and maybe Firefox and Pink Cadilac. It's been a while since I've seen these though.

I'm with Cal that it really is just a matter of opinion. For instance, I'm one of the few people around here who really enjoys Paint Your Wagon, and I've even been teased about that. ???
shabby chic

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 04:34:20 PM »

I can't believe that anybody would prefer Any Which Way You Can to White Hunter or Absolute Power.  It's all a matter of taste, I guess.  :-\
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 05:32:50 PM »

My least favorite is "Paint Your Wagon".

Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 05:34:55 PM »

Reread the post Lucas, he prefers "White Hunter, Black Heart" and "Absolute Power" to "Any Which Way You Can".  The list is going in the opposite direction with No. 1 being the worst.

shabby chic

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 06:11:18 PM »

My mistake.  I meant "Any Which Way But Loose."  ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 07:47:25 PM »

There is only one of Clint's films that I really can't sit through, and that's Paint Your Wagon.  I enjoy even parts of The Rookie, Pink Cadillac and City Heat.   But it's a real chore for me to get through ten minutes of Paint Your Wagon.

The Which Way films, while far from being among my favorites, have grown on me a little after watching them over and over.  I really like the character of Philo Beddoe, but unfortunately, I can't stand any other character in either of the two films (including Clyde).  

I'd rather watch Clint's lesser films than most actor's best works... but man... Paint Your Wagon, that's just torture.

Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 08:18:34 PM »

Every Which Way But Loose was one of the first Eastwood films I saw in the theater. I was a kid and I loved the ape. Plus I like how it ends. Yes it's goofy but in a good kind of way I think.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 08:53:13 PM »

The only Eastwood movie I've ever actually stopped watching, was "Paint Your Wagon"...I agree Matt: Torture.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 08:53:31 PM by Conan » Logged

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 09:30:23 PM »

Paint Your Wagon is the only Clint movie I haven't seen (not counting anything before FFD or Breezy).... it's been on TV a hundred thousand times over the years as I was growing up and I've never seen more than five minutes of it in a row.  And I don't feel like less of a Clint Eastwood fan for it.   :)

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2002, 04:35:26 AM »

alleliua brother
for we have seen the light, let us cast this devil from amongst us to the fiery domain of hell
begone "paint...." begone!

cal dude no!!!
how a=can you not like white hunter......

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Antipatros

Opinions are like @#!holes, everybody has one!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2002, 05:26:17 AM »

Well, I think that Firefox is really one of his "worst" movies, but it is still not really bad...  ;)

And how can "Absolute Power" appear in this thread?  :o It's a great film...
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2002, 07:19:22 AM »

Again, it's a matter of opinion. Absolute Power is an OK film to me but when you come up with a top ten least favorite film list, you gotta come up with 10 films  ;)
little_bill
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2002, 08:41:54 AM »

wise words master yoda
but i believe the boy is the chose one and i will train him against the councils wishes if necessary :P

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.- Groucho Marx
Cal
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2002, 08:47:12 AM »

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?  :-*
Pat1953

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2002, 04:26:53 PM »

I love just about anything with Clint. Two of my favorites are Bridges of Madison County and Unforgiven.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T