News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dubbed  (Read 1759 times)
beefjerky

What'd you say..

View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2003, 05:09:21 PM »

Hi everyone, For reasons unknown I just realized after watching the DVD of High Plains Drifter for the 100th time, that in some scenes, there is dubbing on some of the bad language??? Did I purchase a bad copy, Is there copies of the movie without the dubbing?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 05:10:58 PM »

What region is your DVD, and what scenes?
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 06:53:15 PM »

I think this issue was brought up before during the old board's discussion on the use of profanity in Clint's movies.  The one scene is when the Mexicans are tearing down Belding's barn and he comes and throws them to the ground and says: "What the ___ you greasy b*st*rds think you're doing to my barn?!"

Which isn't a dub, but a noticable cutting of a specific word.  I believe there is another scene with either a word cut out or maybe in that case dubbed over, I forget, but I think in that case we can see the character's lips form the F-word, but that isn't what we hear.

Beefjerky, is this what you were referring to?

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
beefjerky

What'd you say..

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 10:01:04 PM »

That is exactly what I am refering to!! I can't believe I have seen that movie so many times and only noticed it today!! but those are the scenes I am refering to..  Thanks for the info Doug. My region is Ontario, Canada by the way Matt.. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T