News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board freaking out  (Read 72244 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 24, 2003, 12:47:18 PM »

I've been trying to get on the board here a few times today and it kept telling me "Cannot Find Server" with one of those usual messages.

When I finally made it on, and I would click on a topic, I got the same thing.

Anyone else having these problems?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 12:53:58 PM »

Yeah, KC, mgk and I are having the same trouble.  You're not alone.  We'll give it some more time to work itself out and then if it doesn't, we'll write Cal and see if it's something he needs to look into.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 01:45:22 PM »

The board seems to be working well now.
william

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 01:38:25 PM »

Every now and then i get "page expired". i think it is the server telling my evil gemini twin to stop posting stupid topics! ;D
william

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 04:14:47 PM »

Hey Matt,
I have trying to change my profile pic using the http stuff, but have been unable to put a "Josey Wales" pick in its place. Can you help me? ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 04:52:09 PM »

There's lots of avatars in THIS thread. There's five from Josey Wales in the first post on the first page... you may want to check there.  You'll need the URL of the picture you want to use. You can get that by right clicking on the picture and selecting "Properties" then look for "address" or "URL" and highlight the entire URL with your mouse and right-click again and select "copy".

To add this URL to your profile, click on the "Profile" link at the top of the main page of the web board, and re-enter your password (you always need to add that when you update your profile).  Go down to the section where it says "Personalized Picture" and look for a checkbox where it will say "I have my own pic."  Click on that box to put a checkmark in.  Then go to the field next to it, and right-click and then select "Paste" and the URL that you chose should go into that field.  Then, scroll to the bottom and click "Change profile" and you should be all set.  When you go back to the board, make sure it's working for you. If you're still having trouble, write me off the board.
william

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 01:47:09 PM »

Oh well, my evil gemini twin >:( is somehow preventing my ability to place a new pic in my profile  :-\although instructed on how to do this! I will keep trying ;)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:06:22 AM »

Anyone have any trouble getting on the board today.
I tried at about 8:15p.m our time which was almost two hours ago from this post and I couldn't get on.I kept getting "Cannot finder Server" page.I even tried the computer in the lounge room with the same result.
I came back about an hour later and everything is fine.Just wondering if I was the only one.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:04:53 AM »

G'day tgy, I could get on OK but it was VERY slow and a post I sent took about 10 minutes to appear on the board.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:18:39 AM »

I did notice that the board seemed slow last night when I was on. I figured it was my computer.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »

Anyone have any trouble getting on the board today.
I tried at about 8:15p.m our time which was almost two hours ago from this post and I couldn't get on.I kept getting "Cannot finder Server" page.I even tried the computer in the lounge room with the same result.
I came back about an hour later and everything is fine.Just wondering if I was the only one.

It wasn't just you.  I was trying to get into the board at the same time, but couldn't.  The rest of the site was fine.   

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »

Anyone else been getting this while on the board lately?

It's happened to me about a half dozen times in the past week.I just the back button on my screen and everything seems alright.

Should I contact the administrator?

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »

tgy, I've noticed the same thing and I think several of us said we had when we were chatting the other night.

I'd assumed it has something to do with the changes Cal recently made. If it continues, I guess we should call it to his attention.

It happens when you click a button or a link, but as you say, if you hit the back button, all is back to normal.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 10:32:49 AM by KC » Logged
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 12:43:27 AM »

Yes I have seen it quite often too and thought it was the fault of my broadband connection.    Since Orange has taken over Wannado there have been a lot of problems so I just put it down to that.    Fortunately it is so easily corrected and you don't lose a post or a PM.   Maybe there are gremlins in the new smilies.   
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »

Ooh spooky,I clicked on the post that Lin posted just above on the main page and got that error message. :D

Maybe there are gremlins in the new smilies.

I think that could be it.

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »

I've gotten that screen several times. In fact, recently when the board seemed to be down, that was the screen I kept getting. As of late, when it happens, I usually just refresh the page and it's okay.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »

The board is running slower then usual for me and sometimes when I click on a topic I'll get that white screen that says "Internal Error". Anyone else been having problems lately?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 05:27:09 PM »

I couldn't get on at all a couple of night's ago,but everything seems fine now.I still get that "Internal Error" message occassionally.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 08:41:25 PM »

tgy's "a couple of nights ago" may coincide with my Wednesday morning, when I couldn't get on here at all. It's been fine for me since then though, except for a couple of "internal errors."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 02:55:28 AM »

tgy's "a couple of nights ago" may coincide with my Wednesday morning

Yeah,Wednesday night here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T