News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board freaking out  (Read 67595 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »

I always thought thanksgiving fell on the third Thursday of November? Obviously not. :(

I did too SK.  Sent out to ecards to arrive today.  :-[
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2013, 05:38:19 PM »

Just looked at the Calendar and noticed that today (November 21) is Thanksgiving. :o

Actually, Thanksgiving is a week from today, November 28. At least in the US of A.
Sometimes when I'm putting together a class schedule, I'll check the calendar on this site since it's something I can go to quickly if I'm sitting at a computer at the time. I'd noticed our calendar here said that Thanksgiving was the 21, but luckily I'd noticed an email from the college mentioning the days off we have for fall semester. I'm pleased I didn't mark today as a "no class" day. ;D My classes would have been like  :idiot2:
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »

Oh well, any day is a good day for thanksgiving! :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »

Very true!
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »

This p
Anyone else having trouble with the quick reply box?

I've tried it in the last few days like normal and when I hit post, nothing happens. Even hitting post more than once doesn't help. I finish up copying and pasting and posting in the post reply box.

This post isbe
Anyone else having trouble with the quick reply box?

I've tried it in the last few days like normal and when I hit post, nothing happens. Even hitting post more than once doesn't help. I finish up copying and pasting and posting in the post reply box.

I'm trying to make this post by using the QUOTE button in the upper right corner of each post.

I got flipped into the QUICK-REPLY box. This has been happening for a month or two or three. Usually I type out my post and push the POST button and then nothing happens for a long time. I always give up, COPY my post, and then start pushing buttons like the panicked non-geek that I am. I never remember the exact lucky sequence that enables me to successfully make my post, when that happens to happen.

This aint the way its spozed to be.

Here we go again. Will this get posted or not? That is the question Horatio.   

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »

Used REPLY this time.

Obviously my last previous post suffered some injuries.

But it did get directly posted, for a change. Like a circus bear riding a bicycle. Its such a novelty that you are just glad to see it. A dozen time later, you get aching to see the bear ride good8)

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2013, 12:37:30 AM »

Used REPLY again.

WTF! It WORKED OK! How in 'ell did THAT happen?!

Its good for now. Maybe the NSA spooks realized that I am not a terrorist. I am a pore boy that is not even a tourist. I am a Man Of Sorrows so often I am a tearist. Yes Virginia, now and again I shed a tear in my beer because of all the needless suffering and pain that so many humans needlessly "enjoy".

Merry Christmas to all!

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »

Oh well, any day is a good day for thanksgiving! :)

God bless you KC.

Just a minute ago I happened to realize that I didnt remember specifically thanking God for the successful harvest on official Thanksgiving day and just gorged on good dinner and pleasant visit with loved relatives. So I gave a perhaps belated prayer of thanksgiving.

PS

Used QUOTE this time. We will see how it comes out. 

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2013, 01:07:06 AM »

I hope it will be better for you now, MWNA! We've alerted Richard to the fact that there may be problems.

What operating system and browser are you using? That may shed some light on things.
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #229 on: December 24, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »

I hope it will be better for you now, MWNA! We've alerted Richard to the fact that there may be problems.

What operating system and browser are you using? That may shed some light on things.

Used QUOTE again. There was a disturbingly long delay until the quoted material appeared in the QUICK-REPLY box automatically.

Problem first popped up when I was using Windows XP/AOL/Seamonkey on a recently deceased laptop. RIP . The good they die young. We hardly knew ye.

Acquired new computer about 5 weeks ago. Or was it 6? In all the excitement I lost count myself.

Now using Windows 8 /AOL alternating very regularly with Earthlink/ Seamonkey alternating almost unpredictably with whatever Internet Exploreer comes standard with Windows 8.

My recent flurry of posts worked out OK.

Am interested but apprehensive to see how how THIS post turns out.

Thank you for your kind and helpful attention.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:00:41 AM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: December 24, 2013, 02:19:08 AM »

Used REPLY to follow up my very recent post (only pausing to swill beer).

Site system seemed to work predictably and acceptably. AOK. Happy days are here again. (?) 

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #231 on: December 24, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »

Let's hope so!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »

" Service Unavailable  Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support. "  ???

It was the first time for me that I could not open this site yesterday!!  ???   :(

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »

Yeah, the board seemed to be down for a while the other day. I almost posted about that yesterday.
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

" Service Unavailable  Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support. "  ???

It was the first time for me that I could not open this site yesterday!!  ???   :(

Same, I thought it was cause I didn't pay my internet bill especially the service part
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »

It was out for the better part of a day, I believe. Richard said the "server was overloaded yesterday and the hosting provider put us in timeout."

Shannon, or anyone who thinks the problem may be on your end ... there's a site called (no kidding) Downforeveryoneorjustme.com where you can submit a URL and see if it's ... down for everyone, or just you.
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »

" Service Unavailable  Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support.

That message showed up for me in the last three days too.

I thought it was cause I didn't pay my internet bill especially the service part

:D Shannon, I always tend to think the worse things when something like that happens too. I thought it was only for me and a problem with my account which I had trouble to register when I came back.

I used to have the five stars
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T