News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: that damn pancho  (Read 7519 times)
Seeyainhell

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: August 26, 2003, 11:25:53 PM »

now i am making a student film and i need a replica of that pancho. i would like it to look as authentic as possible. why can't i find it... is it rare?

I've seen it in groundhog day and ive tried rental places  in my city but no luck. can you believe some people have not even seen these movies. Also a bad imitation in back to the future three.
Seeyainhell

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:33:13 PM »

also to add ive seen the one at  speghettiwesternreplicas.com   and im trying not to spend that much.
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 07:42:20 AM »

Ive made a rather quick search to see if I could help you out... :)
 All of the sites that have replicas for sale seems to link to spaghettiwesternreplicas.com  so I guess that's pretty much the only site that has one for sale.

I guess that if big budget movies couldnt even find a decent looking replica, youll probably have a hard time finding one too ;D

oh-and also, if you've run a search with the word poncho spelled "pancho" no wonder you didnt get too many sites...  
 Ok, thats not even funny :D

Oh well, good luck!
Keep us up to date on how your film went (are you using a specific scene, or is it just an imitation of the Man With No Name Character)

:)

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 08:50:22 AM »

You can buy a pretty good-looking replica from Hollywoodrprop.com ...

http://hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiponchos.htm

It is $399. Evidently, the firm sells them on eBay also, where they may go for a bit less ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3345015460&category=790

Starting bid is $379.
pretransbarling

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 02:47:12 PM »

I found a mexican blanket dealer that can pretty close
for about $30 inc. shipping.  It is a diamond pattern woven blanket plenty big for a poncho.  Just cut out a hole in the middle.  It even has fringe like the original.

Contact Joe Beemer of Mexico Joe's (an eBay store)
at www.stores.ebay.com/mexicojoes and tell him you
want the dark color diamond pattern blanket so you can
make a Clint Eastwood poncho.  He was extremely
helpful to me.
Meridico

"The name on the grave is Arch Stanton."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 01:31:44 PM »

Is the blanket in the same shape as the Poncho?  Could you provide some more information about this blanket?  I am looking to get something similar to the one worn in the movies to wear in winter time.  I would get the exact replica, but for $400 I'd be afriad to take it out of the house!  
mexicojoes

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 06:35:52 PM »

Mexico Joe Here!

We've Got A Couple Different Kinds of PONCHOs; The Diamond with Stripes comes in a variety of colors - most Clint Fans Like the Darker Gray or Greens; Falsa Ponchos - Look More Like a Typical Multi Colorede Striped Mexican Blanket; and Sarape Ponchos which are Bright Striped Patterns - NOT Exactly Clint's Style, but just the same they're very nice!

All Mexico Joe's Blanket/Ponchos are handmade in Mexico in coop family factories. The Original Clint Poncho as seen in the movies appears to have been a Custom Blanket Woven to Order For Somebody Visiting Oaxaca. This is why you cannot find the exact pattern - unless you want to pay Top Dollar for a Custom Made One.

MJ's Diamond and Striped Poncho Sells For $20; TheFalsa Poncho for $15; and The Sarape Poncho For $18;plus Shipping and Handling.

We'll be glad to email pictures of our current stock tofolks that are interested!

You Can Contact us at [email protected] or 800-844-1407.

Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels!!!
tucorules

love eastwood movies. can watch everday

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 08:17:56 PM »

where is the original poncho?

now thats worth paying for!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T