News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's NOT on dvd  (Read 10219 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« on: December 16, 2002, 12:08:30 AM »

I know you listed before what Clint movies weren't available on dvd, KC, but could you give that list again.... Much appreciatied.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 12:18:38 AM »

I've also wanted to know this.

What Clint Eastwood movies ARE and ARENT on DVD.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 01:05:00 AM »

OK ... here goes. First, what IS on DVD (Region One):
  • A Fistful of Dollars
  • For a Few Dollars More
  • The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  • Hang 'em High
  • Paint Your Wagon
  • Kelly's Heroes
  • The Beguiled
  • Play Misty for Me
  • Dirty Harry
  • Joe Kidd
  • High Plains Drifter
  • Magnum Force
  • Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
  • The Eiger Sanction
  • The Outlaw Josey Wales
  • The Enforcer
  • The Gauntlet
  • Every Which Way but Loose
  • Escape from Alcatraz
  • Bronco Billy
  • Any Which Way You Can
  • Firefox
  • Sudden Impact
  • Pale Rider
  • Heartbreak Ridge
  • The Dead Pool
  • Bird
  • Unforgiven
  • In the Line of Fire
  • A Perfect World
  • The Bridges of Madison County
  • Absolute Power
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
  • True Crime
  • Space Cowboys
  • Blood Work (announced for Dec. 27)
Next, what still is NOT on DVD (Region One):
  • The Witches
  • Coogan's Bluff
  • Where Eagles Dare (unconfirmed release date March 15, 2003)
  • Two Mules for Sister Sara
  • Breezy
  • Honkytonk Man
  • Tightrope
  • City Heat
  • Pink Cadillac
  • White Hunter, Black Heart
  • The Rookie
KC
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 09:48:18 AM »

By coincidence I was browsing DVD's in a shop in Edinburgh today, and I happened to see DVD's of both Coogan's Bluff and Two Mules for Sister Sara.  So it seems these are available for Region 2 but not Reg 1, which was a surprise.   :o  Amazon.co.uk has details of both:  click for Coogan's             click for Two Mules
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 01:57:22 PM »

Yes, this is strange. If they already have Two Mules for Sister Sara and Coogan's Bluff in a DVD format, why haven't we been hearing release dates coming up for them? They should be on their way. The work has already been done on them. Now, let's take an opportunity hear to list Clint films that are on DVD that we still don't have in our collection. I'm curious to see how many of us still have so many missing. I look at my list, and I cry. Well, not really, but the sadness is just sometimes too much for me:

Paint Your Wagon (not really interested)
Kelly's Heroes (not the greatest film)
The Beguiled (don't really like this, but feel I should have it)
Play Misty for Me (I need to get this!)
The Eiger Sanction (good film to have)
Every Which Way but Loose (dont really care)
Any Which Way You Can (same as above)
Firefox (could add this one)
Heartbreak Ridge (I need this!)
Bird
A Perfect World (I need this!)
The Bridges of Madison County (not my favorite, but should probably have it for reference purposes)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (worth owning on DVD)
Special Edition Unforgiven (this is a MUST HAVE)
Special Edition Outlaw Josey Wales (need this!)

See, so many guys! Isn't it sad??

« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 01:59:52 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 04:57:55 PM »

The ones I have on DVD are the 5 Dirty Harry movies (boxed set), the 3 MWNN movies (boxed set), The Gauntlet, In the Line of Fire, Unforgiven, and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. So that makes 12 of his films I have on DVD.

I would like to have (out of what's already available): Paint Your Wagon, The Beguiled, Play Misty For Me, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Bronco Billy, Absolute Power, Bridges of Madison County, and Blood Work (of course, soon to be available). These are the ones I'd most want before some of the other ones. I guess Hang Em High too, though I can go out anytime and get that one for 10 bucks but I just haven't yet.

I've done numerous searches for The Beguiled on E-bay and that's not one easy to find for a good price. Terrific movie though.

Of the ones yet to come out, I'd like on DVD someday: Coogan's Bluff, Where Eagles Dare, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Honkytonk Man, Tightrope, and White Hunter, Black Heart.

I can see from this list that it's doubtful I'll ever own all of Eastwood's movies on DVD, or at least, it will be a very long time if I ever do. Mainly, because there's so many other movies I'd like on DVD. I have around 40+ DVDs and 12 of them are Eastwood's. I have a pretty broad range of movies in my collection.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 09:32:58 PM »

AKA, if those are the only movies you're missing, you have no reason to  :'( .  I have only have 13 on dvd, five of them the DH box set.  I don't have OJW, but I've have it on vhs, and have seen it so many times, I'm having trouble justifying the purchasing of it.  I'd be more interested in Sister Sara, since I know I would watch it more over the next couple of years since I've seen it less and not recently.   (If it'll get released here any time soon!)

My list is the similar to Christophers, except no In the LIne of Fire, but I do have Play Misty for Me and High Plains Drifter.  Oh, and I have Pale Rider, but not FFD.  Maybe I'll go out and buy it now.  I watched FFDM last night....  Hmm.  My early Christmas money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket.... :-\

And thanks for the list, KC!  I'm sure you could convince me the reasons why I should own them all on dvd! ;D

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 09:56:44 PM »

Heres my Clint Eastwood DVD collection:

A Fistful of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dirty Harry (re-release, the one with features ;))
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Heartbreak Ridge (just bought it today 8))
Unforgiven (non-special edition, and I think I just lost it :'()
In the Line of Fire
A Perfect World
True Crime
Space Cowboys

Blood Work will added soon. ;)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 12:29:12 AM »

Of course, I got FFD tonight.  Goodbye crappy vhs copy.  But Best Buy didn't have anything else I couldn't live without -- for tonight anyway.  I'm aching for Where Eagles Dare!  

DirtyDuffy45

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2003, 01:08:29 PM »

I thought my collection was small.... I got

Dollars Trilogy
Hang em high
paint your wagon
Joe Kidd
High Plains
Outlaw
Pale RIder
Unfporgivin
DH box set
Gauntlet
Firefox
Eiger Sanction
Heartbreak Ridge
Which Way series
Kellys Heroes
Bloodwork
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Play Misty
Beguiled
In the Line of fire
And the Rookie ( on VCD crappy quality but hey I just got some sort of appreciation of that movie...Who knows I just like it from time to time.

Ive loved every clint movie Ive seen, hard to believe that a year ago the only clint movie I had was the Good the Bad and the Ugly.
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2003, 02:29:01 PM »

I've done numerous searches for The Beguiled on E-bay and that's not one easy to find for a good price.

Christopher, unfortunately that's one of those odd titles that you won't find anywhere for less than $20 - even on Ebay, unless you're lucky enough to find a good used cheap copy. So you're probably better off just getting it over with and coughing up the $20 rather than waiting and waiting until a good deal comes along. Good stuff don't come cheap.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2003, 02:32:44 PM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2003, 02:39:06 PM »

The three MIAs I'm most anxious for are Tightrope, Honkytonk Man and White Hunter, Black Heart. I'm really dying to see all three of 'em letterboxed and cleaned up. Even the old LDs were just pan&scan.

But we got a nice Bird DVD last year, and that was the previous number one on my wishlist, so perhaps there's hope for at least one of those three to be available by the end of the year.

Doesn't seem likely, but it'd surer than Hell be nice.

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2003, 07:00:40 PM »

I added a few more that I got for Christmas:

A Fistful of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dirty Harry (re-release, the one with features )
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Gauntlet
Heartbreak Ridge
The Dead Pool  
Unforgiven (non-special edition)
In the Line of Fire
A Perfect World
True Crime
Space Cowboys
Blood Work

The ones I really want are, Tightrope, Sudden Impact (just to complete the Harry collection) and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
Maltur

I feeel lucky!!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2003, 06:54:04 AM »

My list isn't as bad either, but I'm missing some films either. It's pretty hard to get some of these here in Germany!!! The ones I have are:

- Unforgiven
- Josey Wales
- Pale Rider
- Dirty Harry 1+2
- High Planes Drifter
- Fistfull of Dollars
- God bad + ugly
- True Crime
- Play Misty For Me
- Space Cowboys
- Escape from Alcatraz
- Absolute Power
- The Gauntlet
- Line of Fire
- Coogans Bluff
- Two Mules for Sister Sarah
- Bloodwork

I'm really trying to get For A Few Dollars More, but it is out of print here. I COULD get it from the UK but there it will cost 31 Bucks, but that goes a bit tooo far, but maybe I will buy it after all, this is one of my favorites!!!
Greetings!!! 8)

No Beer and TV make Homer go crazy!!!!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2003, 07:29:35 AM »

Greetings, Maltur, and welcome to the Eastwood Web Board! I'd say that's a good sized collection!  :)
Smith&Wesson44

All this for a friggin car...

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 12:42:03 AM »

Little bit off topic...sorry for the slight thread hijack.

The ones I have on DVD and video:

Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
Enforcer
Sudden Impact
Dead Pool
Firefox
City Heat
Kelly's Heroes
For a Few Dollars More
Fistful of Dollars
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Pale Rider
Escape from Alcatraz
Outlaw Josey Wales

"It's for the penetration"
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2003, 11:17:51 PM »

i was told by the store keeper that bridges of madison county was not released on dvd, how far is that true.i have been wanting to see that movie, once or twice saw the promo on HBO but the movie never came.

rowdyyates
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 12:12:27 AM »

It was an early (1997) DVD release in Region One (that's the U.S. and Canada). I'm not sure which part of the world you're posting from. Maybe it's not on DVD where you are.
Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2003, 03:57:36 AM »

With the Two Mules for Sister Sara DVD about to hit stores and the seven titles coming in September (Tightrope, Honytonk Man, Where Eagles Dare, Pink Cadillac, City Heat, The Rookie and White Hunter, Black Heart), that leaves only Coogan's Bluff, Breezy and The Witches unreleased in R1.

What will we have left to complain about? Other than cover designs and lack of special features. ;)

BTW, do any of you in R2 have the Coogan's Bluff disc? What's the transfer like?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 06:32:48 PM by Holden Pike » Logged

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
harryheath44

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2003, 07:50:09 AM »

Christopher, unfortunately that's one of those odd titles that you won't find anywhere for less than $20 - even on Ebay, unless you're lucky enough to find a good used cheap copy. So you're probably better off just getting it over with and coughing up the $20 rather than waiting and waiting until a good deal comes along. Good stuff don't come cheap.  ;)

Also be aware there are two different versions of 'The Beguiled".  One non-anamorphic and one that is.  It may not matter to some people but maybe one of these days we will all have a big beautiful wide screen TV.  Still have my fingers crossed.

Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T