News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dirty Harry Book?  (Read 2940 times)
Lonesome Sundown

Son of a b*$@h took the bait!

View Profile Email
« on: September 06, 2003, 04:50:35 PM »

If there is anybody who has a copy of the book of Dirty Harry and would consider making a deal for it, please reply to this message.  Thanks.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 07:43:00 AM »

I did a search on Ebay here, and I see that there are a lot of Dirty Harry novelizations out there (not to mention Harry, the Dirty Dog :D). Looks to be a series of books that have been written.

Are you looking for the one that is based off of the original movie? That one doesn't seem to be on e-bay right now as I'm posting this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 07:44:20 AM by Christopher » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 05:22:44 PM »

Thanks, Chris ... Yes, there was a series of twelve novels by Dane Hartman based on the "Dirty Harry" character. They had nothing to do with any of the "Dirty Harry" films.

There was also a novelization of the original screenplay of Dirty Harry, by Phillip Rock. That is, the novelization is by Rock ... the screenplay was by Harry Julian Fink and R.M. Fink (and Dean Riesner). And there were novelizations of the next three "Dirty Harry" screenplays as well (but not The Dead Pool, for some reason).

You can read more about all these books here. They all do turn up on e-Bay regularly, or you might try searching http://www.bookfinder.com . Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:06:15 PM by KC » Logged
Lonesome Sundown

Son of a b*$@h took the bait!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 05:20:35 PM »

I finally found a copy on ebay.  Ive seen many of those Dirty Harry books at book stores, and I may buy one, one day, they should be enjoyable.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 04:13:45 PM »

They are available at Amazon.com for like $2.

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T