News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dirty Harry irony  (Read 2200 times)
Christopher Openbrier

View Profile Email
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

I just found this out not to long ago by reading one of the things that Don Siegel had said on the internet,  but did you know that Harry Callahan's age in "The Dead Pool" was almost to the age that he was supposed to be in the original "Dirty Harry"?

:o
herofan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »

I just found this out not to long ago by reading one of the things that Don Siegel had said on the internet,  but did you know that Harry Callahan's age in "The Dead Pool" was almost to the age that he was supposed to be in the original "Dirty Harry"?

:o

I had never heard that.  Do you mean that the  character from the 1971 movie was written to be older than Clint actually was at the time?   
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »

There were several scripts. At one point, the role was going to go to Frank Sinatra and the film was going to be set in New York. Sinatra was 15 years older than Clint, so the character would, indeed, have been written for an actor who was approximately the age Clint was when he made The Dead Pool 17 years later.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T