News: Coming in 2021: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dirty Harry's Car  (Read 36445 times)
haskins

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2004, 09:35:54 AM »

Hey guys. Great board!

I'm trying to find out what make and model Harry's car is in the original Dirty Harry.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 10:45:23 AM »

Hi haskins, and welcome to the board!

In the original Dirty Harry, Harry drives a 1968 Ford Galaxie 500. Here's some pictures of the car in a different color:

Cool car.  8)
haskins

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 10:48:33 AM »

thanks so much for the quick reply!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:52:58 PM »

And here are a couple of shots of Harry's very own vehicle!
haskins

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 08:18:09 AM »

excellent! thanks guys.
Lieutenant

Yippie-Ki-Yay...!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 08:37:25 AM »

What for a kind of service-car is he in Magnum Force driving, I can remember, it could be a Ford LTD (light green) - or??? Lt. Briggs drove the same, only in blue.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 01:15:28 PM »

Those are Ford LTD's.  The '71 model I believe.  Had one back in high school.  What a great rally car it was too.  One hell of an engine.  .429  Four barrel...
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 11:27:06 AM »

Those are Ford LTD's.  The '71 model I believe.  Had one back in high school.  What a great rally car it was too.  One hell of an engine.  .429  Four barrel...

My Grandma still has her Ford LTD. She keeps it in great condiiton. Her's has one hell of an engine too

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 01:45:49 PM »

Anyone out  there know what the LTD stood for????  At least what the Chevy owners said.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 02:29:23 PM »

Yeah, LTD stood for Limited.  As you well know, however, it's kind of a contradition in terms seeing how they made millions of them... 8)
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 07:42:48 PM »

Well, DAmbrosia, you are partly correct, but where I came from , LTD stood for Lotta Tin Defects and oh yeah,  on a quiet night you can hear a Ford rust.   Hope you didn't mind the humor, well at least I thought it was funny.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 09:17:13 PM »

Why do I feel that this is leading to an off topic scolding?  

You know what Ford stand for don't ya?

Click here...
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 09:19:08 PM »

Why do I feel that this is leading to an off topic scolding?  

You know what Ford stand for don't ya?

Found On the Road Dead.

I always buy Fords, and the old Mustangs are the coolest cars ever.

But... I guess we should stay on topic.  :-\
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 09:26:16 PM »

I used to drive a ford but now I drive a chevy.

Hey!  That sounds like a song...  I think I'm on to something here... :P

« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 09:39:17 PM by DAmbrosia » Logged
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 10:48:36 PM »

Have you ever tried to change out a water pump in a Ford.  Major pain.  200 parts? why?  The Chevys are like zing zang zoom and your done.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:48:55 PM by DAmbrosia » Logged
Tank Stoner

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 12:53:01 AM »

What for a kind of service-car is he in Magnum Force driving, I can remember, it could be a Ford LTD (light green) - or??? Lt. Briggs drove the same, only in blue.
Harry's Magnum Force LTD was  light brown (but could also be confused for a shade of green depending on the film tint /w/ black interior while Briggs' car was medium blue /w/ tan interior. In The Enforcer Harry drove a darker brown 1974 Plymouth Satellite (the one that got put through the storefront and then reappeared in Sudden Impact only to be destroyed by a molotov cocktail) and a dark blue 1974 or 75 Ford Torino.
eastwoodgirl16

Clint eastwood

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 08:56:13 PM »

That Ford LTD is a great car that Mr Eastwood drove in Magium Force he drove it I liked that car he drove some great cars and some great trucks
Ruth

It is is and go ahead and make my day punk
twinsonic

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »

After years of contemplating and spending money on others (all family men know what I mean), I got myself this:

My little tribute to Dirty Harry

Mike, New Zealand

callahans44

Go Ahead, Make My Day.

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »

I used to drive a ford but now I drive a chevy.

Hey!  That sounds like a song...  I think I'm on to something here... :P

I used to drive a chevy, but now I drive a ford.  In regards to songs, chevys rule, but I hate gm cars now.

# Title........................Artist...........................Phrase (including reference to Chevy)
# Misled.....................Kool and the Gang........She's as heavy, as a Chevy
# American Pie...........Don Maclean.................Drove my Chevy to the levee
# 409...................Beach Boys.............The whole song is about the famed 409 Chevy engine
# Hey little Cobra.......Jan and Dean.......I know it's a Ford song but it mentions a Stingray!
# Chevy Van.......................Sammy Johns....................Duh...It's in the title!!!
# Crocodile Rock.............Elton John............Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own.
# I've got a Rock and Roll Heart.....Eric Clapton.....I get off on '57 Chevys( Me too, Eric!!)
# Little Red Corvette..Prince..(Now known as "the artist formerly known as Prince")...It's in the title again!!
# Where have all the Cowboys gone?...Paula Cole..Oh you get me ready in your '56 Chevy.
# Keeping the faith.....Billy Joel......When I made it with a red-haired girl in the Chevrolet!
# Captain Jack........Billy Joel..........You got your tape deck and your brand new Chevrolet..
# Movin Out (Anthony's Song)..Billy Joel...And he's trading in his Chevy for a Cadillac(Damn fool!They didn't have Allante's or Catera's when this song was written!)
# Deadmans Curve..............Jan and Dean..........Race between a Jag and a Stingray to (title)
# Night Moves.................Bob Seger..............Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
# Uneasy Rider...............Charlie Daniels Band.............Toolin' along in my Chevrolet
# Like a Rock.......Bob Seger.......Yeah I know the original song isn't about Chevy, But IT'S MY PAGE!!!!
# Racing in the Street.........Bruce Springsteen.........I got a 69 Chevy with a 396!!!
# Chattahoochie........Alan Jackson.......Well we fogged up the windows in my old Chevy.
# You Win My Love..........Shania Twain..........He can have a '55 Chevy...
# The Late Show.........Jackson Browne........(Let's just say) It's an early model Chevrolet...
# Rock My World (Little Country Girl)..Brooks & Dunn..She's got a T-Top Camaro..
# She's in Love With the Boy....Trisha Yearwood....Over yonder, coming up the road, in a beat up Chevy Truck..
# How Bizarre..................OMC............Policeman taps his shades, Is that a Chevy '69?
# I Go Back....Kenny Chesney.....Two-Tone short bed Chevy ( Thanks to Mark Jr. for this entry)
# Chevrolet.......Foghat....I'll Buy You A Chevrolet...(Thanks to Sarah for this entry!)
# Mud On The Tires ......Brad Paisley......Well we fogged up the windows in my old Chevy ( Thanks to Alf1230 for this one)
# Feels Just Like It Should.......Pat Green...... Let's jump in my El Camino  (Thanks to Alf1230 for this one, too!)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:08:06 PM by callahans44 » Logged

Put Dirty Harry in the IMDB top 250! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066999/ratings
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T