News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAGNUM FORCE: Audience Reaction 5: Your Favorite Scene  (Read 12643 times)
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2003, 12:02:42 AM »

What is your favorite scene from Magnum Force? Why?
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 07:50:54 PM »

Probably the convience store robbery or the plane hijacking. Both were pretty amusing.

I did like the scene where Harry is speaking with the cops about joining their side. It got pretty tense there for a bit.
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 02:20:30 PM »

There are an awful lot of great scenes in the movie.

I enjoy the scene at the airport…

Bill McKenzie:  "So Rico finally bought it.  Boy there must be hope for the world yet.  How about you?  Do you want something?  We’ve got chili and garlic bread today. "

Smith:  "No, thank you, I don’t feel very hungry."

Bill McKenzie:  “In broad daylight and at close range huh?  Must have looked like ripe melons.  I’ll never forget the Floyd case.  Got it with an axe during the rush hour.  How about some crème pie."

Callahan:  “I don’t think so Bill.”
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 06:45:18 AM »

I think the scene in the plane is my favorite ;D
"can you fly?" that just makes me laugh everytime- great stuff
 And I liked the shooting competition (even though its probably not called like that :) ) I thought it was fun.

Like I mentioned in some other thread, I got to rewatch this in order to be a little more accurate in my posts, but if my memory is correct, the plane scene is still my favorite in the film 8)

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 10:34:08 AM »

I like the scene just before Harry enters the plane, when he just casually walks away from the vendor, and then stops, and then turns and walks towards the men. Then he just stands there and looks in. I just liked the way he walked in that scene.  ;D It was perfect.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 03:20:45 PM »

in the cockpit

excuse me captain i know this mind sound silly but can you fly - nope never had a lesson  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 03:22:47 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 02:03:45 PM »

Yeah the airliner scene is great, one of my faves also.

Another of my favorites is the scene where Callahan and the 4 cops are in the garage and they try convincing him to join up. After he states "I'm afraid you've misjudged me," I love the way Davis, with those cold shades on, drops his head without saying a word, showing his deep dissapointment in unsuccessfully recruiting the legendary Inspector Callahan. Stamping his (Davis') mark of dissaproval on him, they were going to have to exterminate him like all the rest who didn't see the 'light.'

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Bronco_Billy

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 05:05:33 AM »

In my opinion the airport scene interupted the flow of the plot . Don't get me wrong it is a funny scene but it's in the wrong place , I would even say that that scene would have worked much better in a different sequel .

I like the shooting range scenes best of all . Both the indoor and outdoor scenes . It's where we see the mutual respect between Harry and the four cops.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 05:07:34 AM by Bill W » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 06:01:49 AM »

Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion. This topic is now closed, please post any additional thoughts in the Dirty Harry forum.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »

The whole airport scene from when he's talking with the ex cop who runs the kiosk. When he says "Can I make a suggestion", and the next shot has the door open and Harry steps out with a pilots cap on to the whole scene on the plane.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
SWISSCHF

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »

I love the bit An angry area controller to his personnel manager after being stopped by a police officer!

l want this bastard busted out of his job.

It means that the speaker wants this police officer to lose his job, doesn't it?

Than the police officer take them all out, cool 

LOVE IT   O0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T