News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAGNUM FORCE: Style & Technique 5: The Cinematography  (Read 3269 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 28, 2003, 12:18:32 AM »

I didn't look at it as a sequel. But because my admiration of Don Siegel was enormous at the time--and has since grown even more through the years--though I didn't want to duplicate Dirty Harry, I also wanted to be able to see the two films together and recognize them as coming from the same feeling and the same thought.
(Director of Photography Frank Stanley, quoted in Clint Eastwood/Malpaso, by Fuensanta Plaza, p. 60-62)

Do you notice a difference between the cinematography of Frank Stanley in this film and Bruce Surtees' work in Dirty Harry? If so, how are they different? Do you feel Stanley was successful in giving the Magnum Force the same feeling as Dirty Harry? What did you think of the cinematography in Magnum Force on its own merit?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 12:19:30 AM by KC » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 09:53:25 AM »

I like the cenematography in Magnum Force. It was a well shot movie.

Though it's been a little while now since I've seen it, I do remember one shot that grabbed my attention: the camera mounted on the motorcycle.

It's been even longer since I've watched Dirty Harry, so no comparison comes to mind.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 06:04:26 AM »