News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAGNUM FORCE: The Story 4: Harry and Carol McCoy  (Read 4483 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 28, 2003, 12:34:12 AM »

In the scene where Carol makes a pass at Harry, she asks him why he never made a pass at her but they are interrupted by her children. Here's the scene the way we have it:

CAROL: You know, Harry ... if I asked you a personal question, would you mind?

HARRY: Sure, go ahead.

CAROL: Are you sure? Because ... well, it's a little difficult.

HARRY: Look, we've been friends a long time. Go ahead and ask.

CAROL: Well, I'm just wondering ... why ... you've never made a pass at me. (She moves in to kiss him.) Why?

(Carol's kids make noise upstairs.... sounds like things are breaking.)

CAROL: (She jerks away from Harry, looks upstairs over her shoulder.) Goddamnit! (She looks at Harry) With all those kids, do you think I will ever get laid?

(Carol stares at Harry. He looks back, befuddled. She gets up to go upstairs and the phone rings.)

CAROL: Hello ... Yes, just a moment. It's for you!  (She hands Harry the phone and starts to walk off.) What's happening?

(She goes upstairs and we see her coming back down. She overhears Harry's conversation and knows he has to go.)

CAROL: That's it, right?

HARRY: I have to go.  

CAROL: (Reaches up to kiss him) Goodnight.

HARRY: Goodnight, Sweetheart. (Harry leaves.)

If not for the interruption, how do you think Harry would have handled the situation? Just for fun, rewrite or describe the remainder of the scene the way you think it might have unfolded if the kids weren't in the picture. If you think Harry will "go for it", a "fade to black" at the appropriate time will suffice. ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 12:40:01 AM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 09:05:08 PM »

CAROL: You know, Harry ... if I asked you a personal question, would you mind?

HARRY: Sure, go ahead.

CAROL: Are you sure? Because ... well, it's a little difficult.

HARRY: Look, we've been friends a long time. Go ahead and ask.

CAROL: Well, I'm just wondering ... why ... you've never made a pass at me. (She moves in to kiss him.) Why?

(Picking up here without the kids)

HARRY: Well, baby... you know, you sure are a cool chick, but you're Charlie's wife. A man's got to know his limitations.

CAROL:  Charlie and I are through, and ... I've always wanted you, Harry.

HARRY:  Marvelous.

CAROL:  I've always wondered about that gun of yours.

HARRY:  Swell.

CAROL:  Sure would like to see it sometime.

HARRY:  You know, baby... I gotta run down to the station and check on things in ballistics. Maybe some other time.

(Harry bolts.)

Nope, I just can't see Harry getting it on with his friend's wife... even if they're separated.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 01:45:01 PM »

Nope, I just can't see Harry getting it on with his friend's wife... even if they're separated.

My thought exactly...and I think that beautiful neighbour of his kept Harry happy in that department ;D
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 04:16:01 PM »

Well, to me it dosen't look as if Harry is trying to stop her very hard.  When he says goodbye it's at least a three second lip locker and he does call her sweatheart... :-*
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 06:38:36 AM »

I dont see harry going for it..Oh- and nice script Matt ;D

And who could want her after that
CAROL: (She jerks away from Harry, looks upstairs over her shoulder.) Goddamnit! (She looks at Harry) With all those kids, do you think I will ever get laid?
That was just awful :o

No really, I think even she hadnt mentioned the kids, I think harry would have known better than that :D

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 01:25:14 PM »

Harry mighta been dirty, but not quite that dirty. I don't think he would've done his friend Charlie like that. Even if Carol & Charlie were legally divorced (were they?), I think he still would've kept things at bay - just out of respect for his friend.

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:57:23 PM »

Yeah, Agent, they were still married.... but separated. And I agree with you, even if they were divorced, I don't think Harry would have ever gone with Carol. That's just wrong. Harry's dirty... but not to his friends.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 06:08:07 AM »

Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion. This topic is now closed, please post any additional thoughts in the Dirty Harry forum.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »

This topic has been temporarily unlocked.  Feel free to post any additional thoughts or discussion here.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »

I can't see Harry going any further with Carol than just a friendly kiss. I mean if they've know each other for years, Carol was married to Charlie and Harry was married to his wife so why would he?

I don't know how much time has passed from the death of Harry's wife but the way he looks at her picture in his apartment, he loves her even with her no longer alive. If Harry and Charlie were great friends and partners, I'm sure the wives would've been friends too so it just would never had happened.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T