News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Do You Become A Moderator ?  (Read 11345 times)
masterchief

View Profile Email
« on: October 19, 2003, 02:25:44 PM »

Hi All,

I was just wondering how'd you get to become a moderator for this board ??

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 08:27:31 AM by masterchief » Logged
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 03:26:43 PM »

I think you have to have a lot more Clint knowledge and time to spend on the internet than I do :)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

masterchief, are you looking for a job?  :D

KC and mgk were both moderators before I arrived here about three years ago. There was a third moderator who quit the board and when his position needed to be filled, Cal, the Site Administrator, put a post on the board asking for anyone to step up if they wanted the job. A lot of my friends and members of the board nominated me for it, and I accepted.  Little did I know then what I was in for. ;)

I guess it comes down to being a part of the web board community for a long time, learning as much as you can about Clint Eastwood and his films, and having a good understanding of the rules of the board and abiding by them.  Then, if an opening comes up someday, Cal will probably turn to the membership and ask for nominations and whoever the board chooses can decide if they want the job or not.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 03:08:06 PM »

I forgot i posted this, and if there ever is a spare space going, I'll look into it, but i feel that i havent been on this board long enough or know as much about Mr.Eastwood as most of the people on this board.  ;D

Also I run my own programming website and the forum on that, I'm also webmaster for a MOHAA clan website and manage the forum on that, but when i get more knowledge of Mr.Eastwood i may think of becoming a moderator for this board.

Sorry about how long it to me to reply, i forgot i posted this  ::)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 09:42:22 AM by masterchief » Logged
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 03:53:41 PM »

Also I run my own programming website and the forum on that, I'm also webmaster for a MOHAA clan website and manage the forum on that...

You mean "Medal of Honor Allied Assault?" That's a fun game.

Well I'd be interested in seeing a list of all the mod's names   since this board started.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 03:55:21 PM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 05:38:15 PM »

Agent, brace yourself.... here comes the long list....... ;)

Cal, KC, mgk, Matt and GMAT.  

As you've explained yourself in another thread, GMAT left due to not having the time to be here in a Moderating capacity anymore, but he's still a member of the board. Cal is the Site Administrator. He set the rules of the board for the Moderators to enforce, however, he's usually not involved in the daily operations of the board, he entrusts that to the three of us.

masterchief, stick around, watch all the Eastwood movies as often as you can, learn as much about Eastwood's career as you can, post with an eye on the quality of your posts, not the quantity, and if the day comes when there's a spot to fill, then you may have the opportunity. The board's been around since '98 and there has hardly been any turnover because once a Clint fan, always a Clint fan, and because the Mods are good friends who would never let any of the other Mods quit.  Well, I suppose I could get hit by a truck driving to work tomorrow so you never know.  :o
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 07:31:25 PM by Matt » Logged
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 05:51:52 PM »

Well, I suppose I could get hit by a truck driving to work tomorrow so you never know.  :o

...yeah, or get eaten by an alligator. You live in that part of the country, don't you?  ;)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 06:03:01 PM »

"Alligator Alley" is within walking distance and I've seen Sheriffs and Animal Control removing gators from the lakes in my own neighborhood.

However... since I don't swim in the lakes, it's the rattlesnakes that I worry about. I had one in my garage not long ago. Got him out and ran him over with my truck.  :o

I know, this guy would be really upset:

But, until I got him out, it was hell getting in and out of the house knowing he was in there.  SORRY STEVE!  ;D
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 09:16:23 AM »

Gee, and I thought dealing with gang-bangers, crackheads and the usual thugs was bad enough over here, but you have to deal with gators and rattlers. Need to start calling you 'Gator McCluskey.'

donald

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »

id like to be a moderator in this site
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 05:34:38 AM »

Hi All,

I was just wondering how'd you get to become a moderator for this board ??

Thanks

Eat your baked beans every day, and you might just grow up to be a Clint Eastwood moderator ;D.

WKC.

mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 11:31:40 AM »

Cute, WKC........if that's all it took, we'd have more moderators than we have members, wouldn't we?  ;)

Question:  If I stop eating my baked beans every day, does that mean I would be disqualified?  ???
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 10:00:26 PM »

Question:  If I stop eating my baked beans every day, does that mean I would be disqualified?  ???

No, but the quality of your bowel movements might suffer ;D.

WKC.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 05:32:03 PM »

Nice thread.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 12:24:56 PM »

Eat your baked beans every day, and you might just grow up to be a Clint Eastwood moderator ;D.

WKC.

Ha Ha Ha  ;D ;D ;D

Well, I had it for breakfast this morning. One small gulp for man, one giant leap for masterchief to become a Clint Eastwood WebBoard moderator.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 03:25:27 PM »

Good luck, Masterchief!  Perhaps you'll become the first "Master Moderator"?! (Good thing there's no scent to this board!)

;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 03:26:11 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T