News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint's People Magazine interview.  (Read 2486 times)
D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: December 29, 2002, 12:04:18 AM »

Read this article at work the other night...Thought I'd pass it along.

POP QUIZ WITH CLINT EASTWOOD

In his first official act since being appointed a California parks commissioner, Clint Eastwood, 72, joined a unanimous vote Dec. 6 approving the creation of Eastshore State Park, an 8.5 mile stretch of shoreline along San Francisco Bay, once partially used as a dump site.  Scoop toured the area with the actor, director and former mayor of Carmel, Calif.

How are things going, Commissioner?

At this point I'm still the new kid on the block.  I hope that I can participate and add a voice to the commission.

How familiar are you with Eastshore?

I was raised in this area.  We used to use the Bayshore highway as a dragstrip.  The land was a dump, and it was always on fire, and it smelled awful.  The fact that they're restoring this is great.  I would have never thought, back in the '40's, this was possible.

That  bad?

I still wonder what happened to all the tires and batteries that were stashed out here.  They just plowed this stuff into the bay for many many years.

And now?

It's nice to see that this is going to a use other than dumping trash.  It was an ecological nightmare.

Local artists currently display their work in this area, but park developers now want to keep it clear of unauthorized art.  Where do you stand?

It's a balancing act.  Parks should be something everyone enjoys.  

Well, then, what do you think of of the sculptures still standing here?

Nothing I'd want to buy.  I guess beauty is in the eye of  the beholder.

This might be a nice place to take your dog for a walk.

I don't have a dog.  But I could bring my pot-bellied pig down here...

Taken from the 12/23/2 issue of  People Magazine "The Scope" section...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2002, 05:54:35 AM by DAmbrosia » Logged
Callahan

"I shoot the bastard, that's my policy."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 06:08:27 AM »

That's cool, I never knew Clint had a pot bellied pig for a pet...  I wonder if he walks in around the streets of Carmel?

"We all have to die.  It's just a question of when..."
-Hombre
william

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 11:57:37 PM »

That is a great article! Clint is going to do great things for California ;). Some say Pot Bellied Pigs are smarter than most dogs! ;D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T