News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents??  (Read 281 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 10:04:43 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 03:27:49 PM »

I've never heard this either. It's tough to tell if it's him. I only have season 2 on DVD, but I know most of the episodes are available here on the Peacock streaming service. I just checked it, and that's one of the episodes it's missing!
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »

Hocine posted an interview with Clint for Parade in the Cry Macho production thread. In it the interviewer mentions an uncredited role in Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

You had bit parts and uncredited roles in several movies and TV series of the late 1950s, including Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Death Valley Days. How did you end up starring in Rawhide?

I was at CBS Studios having tea with a friend, and a man came up to me and said, ?Are you an actor?? All of a sudden, I?m doing a series. I could make a living. You have to work hard and develop yourself in the acting profession?but a lot of outside things have to happen at the right time too.
Of course he doesn't mention anything specific about those uncredited roles, but he doesn't deny them either. Maybe that really is Clint in that picture!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 05:45:58 PM »

If he's not actually in this, there could be a simpler explanation for why he may not have corrected the interviewer, and it is this: He may not actually remember if he was in this or not! It was 60 years ago, and this was a pretty insignificant role!  ;D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 07:10:06 PM »

Yes, that's true that he might not remember if he appeared as an extra in this one episode.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T