News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to post an image on the Web Board  (Read 30485 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »

I was wondering that myself. I never noticed it myself till a couple of months ago (and I didn't try it out then). Of course, it's kind of hidden in that "Additional Options ..." list, and I usually use "Quick Reply," so the chances of noticing it weren't great.

Anyway, now that we know it's there, it's nice to have an alternative to ImageShack, etc.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2009, 05:42:34 PM »

If you have more than one pic to post. After step 4, but before you hit post, just click on more attachments and another box will appear and you just go through the steps again, then hit post.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »

Umm, I think that's a feature only for the moderators.  My only options are "Notify me of replies", "Return to this topic", and "Don't use smileys."  So for the rest of us peons we have to use ImageShack.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »

Aw, shucks. I don't see why it should be only for mods though; on another board where I post a lot it's available to anyone.

Maybe we'll have to ask Cal if it can be changed.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »

Can someone please tell me how to blow images up, I posted this on the picture thread and it's too small! :'(
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »

Can someone please tell me how to blow images up, I posted this on the picture thread and it's too small! :'(

This is your image regular sized--now it's a little too big.  So how did you do the search for your image?  I've never understood what "gstatic" means, but I notice the pictures are always small.  

Edit: removed picture.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:46:34 PM by Doug » Logged

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

Twomules, I assume you're getting the pictures from Google? (Sometimes "gstatic" shows up in its URLs instead of Google.)

If so, you need to click on the thumbnail (or the link where it says "See full size image") to display the image full size. Copy that URL, rather than the URL of the thumbnail. Or you can do this:

Take the URL of your picture from the thumbnail and copy the part that follows the second "http://". The whole URL looks like this (I've put spaces in after the slashes so it won't actually become a link):

http:// t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dU0cYeILUrTYkM:http:// bradleysanimalplace.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-wallpapers-rabbit-at-work.jpg

So take this part:

http:// bradleysanimalplace.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-wallpapers-rabbit-at-work.jpg

... and put it between [ img] [ /img] tags, without the spaces.

Here's a smaller version of the same picture.

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »

Thanks KC ;D ;D You truly are a Star. Your instructions are easy to follow, much appreciated O0
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »

Twomules, I assume you're getting the pictures from Google? (Sometimes "gstatic" shows up in its URLs instead of Google.)

If so, you need to click on the thumbnail (or the link where it says "See full size image") to display the image full size. Copy that URL, rather than the URL of the thumbnail. Or you can do this:

A-ha!  I get it now about "gstatic."  That's handy.  And since you resized the image, I deleted my link to it so it wouldn't stretch the page.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »

I didn't resize it, I found a smaller version ... via Google Image Search. ;)
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »

Now and then someone wants to know how to post a picture here on the board, so I figured I'd start a topic on it. It's pretty easy, and gets easier after you do it a few times.

First, the image you want to post must already be uploaded on the internet. If you found the picture on a website somewhere, then you should be able to post it here. There are some exceptions though... many free sites like Geocities and Tripod don't allow 'direct linking' of their images, which basically means... we won't see it. If you find the image you want to post on one of those sites...  and you can't find it on any other site... you'll have to upload it onto your own site or ask a moderator if they can host it for you before you can post it here.

Once you find the picture that you want to post, right click on it and a pop-up box will appear. Look at the bottom for a line that says 'Properties", click on that and a pop-up box will come up that will have a line that says Address (URL) and that will give you the entire web address that you need to post it here. (Here's the URL for the picture I will be posting:  http://www.clinteastwood.net/pix/gallery/large70/magnum.jpg) Highlight the entire address (using your left mouse button) then right click on the highlighted address and another pop-up box will appear. Choose "copy".

Now, you need to go to your post to insert the picture where you want it. Simply go to that point in your post, click, then go to the two rows of YABBC tags above the window where you type your post. On the bottom row, fourth over is a picture of a picture frame:   Click on that and these tags will appear in your post (I have a space after the first bracket of each tag so that they'll show up here in this post)  [ img][ /img]  Click on the space between the first tag and the second, and then right click, and choose "paste".  Here's what I'll have now in my post:  [ img]http://www.clinteastwood.net/pix/gallery/large70/magnum.jpg[ /img]. (Once again, I've inserted a space after each bracket so that the codes show up here).

You can then use the 'preview' button to look at your post before you send it to the board to make sure it worked.  Here's the picture now... exactly the same codes as above, except I've removed the space after each bracket so that the codes will work:

An alternate way of doing this, although it has the same outcome, is to just paste the URL for the picture in your post, then highlight it, and click on the same YABBC tag    The tags will surround the URL.  (If you use the Netscape browser, you won't be able to do it this way, it doesn't work. Just do it the first way.)

Speaking of Netscape, if you're using the Netscape browser, things are a little easier when it comes to getting the URL for the picture and posting it here. In Netscape, right click on the picture you want to post, and then select "Copy Image Location".  This saves the URL and is ready to paste with just a right click of your mouse wherever you want it.

If you've never posted a picture on the board before, I hope this helps you out. Good luck.  :)
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »

lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Hmmm. I'll have to walk away and try again later lol!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »

Hi, lilirishgrl, if you point me to the page that contains the image you want to post, I'll try to help.
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »

dyingofcute.tumblr.com

Thank you for trying to help :)
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »

just a nice pic of Clint looking at and or feeding a squirrel...Thought it would be nice to share :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »

Well, I don't see that one over there right away, but  let's try it with this cute little fellow.

Matt's post that you quoted there is pretty clear, but I'll try to go over the steps again.

What you want is the complete URL of the image. How you get that depends on the browser you're using.

If you're using Internet Explorer, right click on the picture. A white box with a list (a "context menu") will pop up. Way down at the bottom of the list is "Properties." Click on that (left click), and a box will pop up with the image properties. One of them will be Address (URL). Highlight the whole thing with the mouse, and press Ctrl and C on your keyboard (at the same time) to copy it.

If you're using Firefox, it's easier ... just right click on the image and select "Copy image location."

In either case, come back over here and paste the image URL into your message. Then put [ img] right before the URL, and [ /img] right after it, but without the space after the bracket. Here's what that looks like, with the spaces added so you can see the code:

[ img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyufwtXA5s1qzya49o1_500.jpg[ /img]

If I would now take away those spaces, you would see the picture above.
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

That's cute too lol Thanks KC! 8)
lilirishgrl

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email