News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dollars Trilogy Special Edition DVD's? (Rumoured)  (Read 5980 times)
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: May 06, 2004, 12:05:37 PM »

I was just reading an article over at IGN.com's D-V-D section and it was about rumoured or confirmed special edition DVD's. In it they mentioned A Fistful of Dollars and Few A Few Dollars More:

A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More: There's talk, it will eventually happen. Probably depends on how well the Collector's Edition of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly sells.

It sounds reasonable enough that if the new GBU DVD sells well, MGM would re-release the other two. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out the first few months after the DVD is released.
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 08:49:51 PM »

But I already bought the boxed set with all three films..... :'( Oh well. Even if they do come out I guess I'll just stick with my old ones. Unless there are some really great special features like deleted scenes, maybe interviews.....

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 06:10:55 PM »

They hopefully would be better transfers and Anamorphic. I have yet to own them because they are just not good enough.

GBU , I have yet to see.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 10:24:07 PM »

Just to bring this topic back to life,

it would seem that with the smashing success of GBU SE that we will indeed soon see  the first 2 Dollars films re-released...

Of course the films themselves will be anamorphically enhanced, with a top notch video transfer.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what special  'features' they should contain?  

WKC.

tempest

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 11:36:25 PM »

Personally I would like to see deleted scenes like in the GBU special edidion. That is if there are any. Also I would really like to see comparison scenes between FFOD and Yojimbo. I think it would be interesting to see how Clint portayed Toshiro Mifune's character with side by side clips. It could be kinda cool. Just a thought.
tekker

"We've all got it comin', kid"

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 03:50:03 AM »

it would seem that with the smashing success of GBU SE that we will indeed soon see  the first 2 Dollars films re-released...

Do you know how many copies the GBU SE has sold?
Although this is not on topic, but do any of you guys know how much the differant Clint dvd's has sold?
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 07:24:41 AM »

Well here is an end frame from a trailer I have that is not featured on the current release. So it would be nice if they included this.  

Philo .

blonde

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 10:14:11 AM »

:)A Fist Full of Dollars is one of my favorite Spagetti Westerns that Clint did.  If and when they become available on DVD/Special Edition, I will for sure be buying one.  

Can anyone help me out with a question, how do you add quotes to the bottom of your replies????  Any help would be appreciated...
blonde

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 10:16:46 AM »

:)A Fist Full of Dollars is one of my favorite Spagetti Westerns that Clint did.  If and when they become available on DVD/Special Edition, I will for sure be buying one.  

Can anyone help me out with a question, how do you add quotes to the bottom of your replies????  Any help would be appreciated...

Aww, I might have figured it out.  
"When you hang a man you better look at him"
blonde

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 10:18:25 AM »

:P  Philo,

what movie is your quote from? ("I won't be hitting you with my face".  Is that Any Which Way But Loose?
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 10:24:02 AM »

Hi Blonde ,

It is from Every which way but loose.

Philo .

blonde

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 11:31:46 AM »

Thanks Philo.  I'm very embarassed right now.  I absolutely don't know where I got "Any"  from as Every is one of my all time fav Clint movies.   ;D

Left turn Clyde!
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 12:15:21 PM »

Nice one Blonde  :D

Philo .

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2004, 09:24:12 PM »

Do you know how many copies the GBU SE has sold?
Although this is not on topic, but do any of you guys know how much the differant Clint dvd's has sold?

Hi Tekker,

I can't provide the source from which I read this (will add it later if memory recovers)  but I read 'somewhere' that it the GBU SE had sold over 1 million copies.

WKC.

tekker

"We've all got it comin', kid"

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »

Thanks WKC.
Much appreciated.

A million copies?!!
That is certainly more than a fistful - if you've pardon the pun ;D

« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 01:21:02 PM by tekker » Logged
Kiwi Cowboy

"Dying ain't much of a living boy"!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2004, 01:38:35 AM »

Hi ya all,

Yeah I have also been stung too, I have just bought the dollars triolgy on dvd separately not as a boxed set.
As I live in New Zealand and it is not alavaible here.
Interesting enough one of the special features on the standard disc of GBU is the extra 14 minutes not seen on US edition. So I guess the only advantage of the new verison is that it has Dobly 5.1'

Kiwi Cowboy ;)

"In a time were life had no value, somtimes death had its price!!"
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2004, 02:16:05 AM »

Interesting enough one of the special features on the standard disc of GBU is the extra 14 minutes not seen on US edition. So I guess the only advantage of the new verison is that it has Dobly 5.1'

Kiwi Cowboy ;)

Yes but you have the advantage of possessing the only original English soundtrack on DVD.

WKC.

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2004, 08:15:51 AM »

The bad news is that it is in 5.1

Philo .

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2004, 09:45:39 AM »

Kiwi Cowboy ;)
Actually, the new special edition not only has the 14 minutes newly dubbed into English by Wallach and Eastwood and integrated into the film (instead of being tacked on as a special feature and in Italian), it has around four minutes of additional footage not previoiusly seen (also newly dubbed into English).

It also has documentaries on the making of the film, on Leone, on Morricone, on the Civil War, and on the audio re-recording, There's also a commentary track by pundit Richard Schickel, if you like that sort of thing. And if you don't like the 5.1 soundtrack, it includes the original Italian soundtrack in mono.
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2004, 01:39:39 PM »

I never thought of that .... Italian mono - English subtitles.

Philo .

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T