News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Mules for Sister Sara  (Read 10830 times)
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 06:45:34 PM »

I think this one of Eastwoods best westerns.  Tough, violent and just a good all around cowboy flick.

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 11:24:33 PM »

Another early gem from Clint.Don Siegel directing, Ennio Morricone scoring and Shirley Maclaine costarring,well in fact Clint was the costar,Shirley had top billing.
Just listen to the opening title theme, which imitates Sister's Sara's braying mule
That little bit of music appears quite a lot during the film and I loved it.
The big finale battle at the fort was brilliant,if a little gory especially for 1969 audiences.
Apart from the two stars there's no other well known actors in the cast but that doesn't diminish the film one bit.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
GuardianAngel

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 03:02:32 PM »

This movie is one of my favorite Clint Westerns.. mainly because it was a good story, and had some GREAT lines by Clint

"Raise your eyes to heaven sister. [looks at buzzards] Are they or are they NOT God's creatures... why would you want to rob them of all this convienant nourishment?" [points at dead rapists]

"Sister! you wanna bless them, you bless them DRY!"
Kiwi Cowboy

"Dying ain't much of a living boy"!

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 10:13:42 PM »

Not one of my favs but my girlfriend loved it. probably the sexual chemistry between Clint and Shirley

"In a time were life had no value, somtimes death had its price!!"
Jessy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 04:16:09 AM »

Who believed she was anything but a true nun, especially when she ran down to bless the graves with water and praying at the little shrine ? ^-^

She had me convinced all the way just like Hogan.
Very well played by Shirley.  O0

Jess Wade: "He'll be a lot quieter when that swelling goes down."
Billy Roy: "Swelling from WHAT?"
Jess Wade: "That bump on your head."
Billy Roy: [feeling his head] "I ain't got no bump on my head."
Jess Wade: [smacking Billy Roy's head into one of the bars] "You have now!"
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 05:32:22 AM »

I think I started to suspect she wasn't a real nun in the scene with the rattle snake.    It is a shame the blurb on the DVD cover tells you she is not a nun.  That, I think, spoils the movie if you are seeing it for the first time. :(
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 03:57:56 PM »

Someone once asked Maclaine what she thought of Eastwood and her response was.." I love Clint.........even if he is a Republican."...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:06:23 PM by Perry » Logged
paulfinlay29

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »

Newbie here. Iím 46, from the UK and have only recently discovered Clint Eastwood westerns (sorry!).

Am watching this film for the first time today, recorded off 5spike, and just wanted to ask if the arrow removal scene had been edited out? The film jumps from the nun preparing to push the arrow out to Clint waking up hours later (without the arrow). I get the feeling that somethingís been edited out. Anyone able to help?

Looking forward to reading the rest of the Clint Eastwood Westerns section :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 07:25:26 PM »

Hi Paul,

Actually, it sounds like it was edited out. In the film, we see Sister Sara hit the arrow through with a rock. It's not gory at all, so no idea why it was edited out for general TV audiences.

Welcome to the board!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 09:21:28 PM »

I agree with Matt. I just re-watched that scene. You see Hogan light the powder in the groove Sara has cut in the arrow, while at the same time she strikes the knife, held against the arrow, with Hogan's gun (not a rock, sorry, Matt). He slumps over, groaning, and she goes around behind him and pulls the arrow out. The arrow is covered in blood, but that's all the gore you see. Hogan collapses, and Sara takes a slug of his whiskey. End of scene. The next thing we see is Sara coming up with the animals, some time later, and trying to rouse him so he can blow up the French train.

You can watch the unedited version for free on Tubi, if you don't have the DVD:
https://tubitv.com/movies/491550/two_mules_for_sister_sara?utm_source=google-feed&tracking=google-feed

And I second Matt's Welcome to the Board! :)
paulfinlay29

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 06:30:24 AM »

Thanks both! And thanks for the link, I will check it out shortly - judging by the descriptions above it sounds like someone has taken A hatchet to the film for the tv version.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:26:58 AM by paulfinlay29 » Logged
paulfinlay29

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2020, 03:11:45 AM »

Unfortunately The link wonít work as Iím I the uk but thank you for taking the time to do this KC 👍
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »

Well, you could try UK Amazon ... it's available to rent in HD for £3.49 , or buy for £7.99:

Amazon.co.uk link
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T