News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Outlaw Josey Wales  (Read 20568 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 12:05:11 AM »

Got to see part of Josey Wales a couple nights ago while visiting a friend with cable -- which sadly I don't, since AMC was running a "Crazy About Clint" marathon and playing a bunch of his flims! Alas...

Also realized I'd misquoted him awhile back when talking about my user name, and that the line isn't "You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" but is in fact "Well, you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Apologies. I'll understand if I'm unforgiven...

Your forgiven Whistledixie.
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »

Thanks Lin!  ;)

Gotta say, it's an even better line with that "Well" at the beginning, since it adds an even more casual and prodding air...  once again, yay Clint! To think I'd been saying it wrong all these years...since back when I first caught it on TV, probably around the time it was first aired, and through repeated viewings...shame on me!  :D TOJW will always hold a honored place in my heart since, although my older brother's viewing habits made Eastwood movies and the like ubiquitous in the living room growing up, it was the first one I watched all on my own from start to finish and is arguably one of the best, and thus became "my" Clint Eastwood movie, and not one handed down from my bro. And the whistle Dixie line was what stuck with me the most. Now correctly so! Yay for me!  ;D
TomTurner

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »

Last Christmas day this show was on TV and my brother-in-law and my 2 nephews watched the entire film.  I was pleased to discover he is a fan of the movie.

I have seen this move more times than I can count, and I'm able to quote what I thought was an impressive number of the more memorable lines in the film along with the actors.

However, my brother-in-law, who is a bodybuilder and not well known for his mental facilities, absolutely shocked me by reciting EVERY SINGLE word in the movie!  Even tiny little incidental things like someone saying hello, he nailed, to the word.

It was an impressive display.  I have never seen anything like it.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »

Wow. Good for your brother-in-law. He sounds like a true fan. I can do that with many of the conversations in "In the Line of Fire," which is my favorite Eastwood film, but I can definitely not recite the whole movie from memory. That is truly impressive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T